About this listing
Escape to Britain’s last wilderness; gorgeously grown up award-winning hideaway for two with hot tub, sauna & wood burning stove – totally private, blissfully secluded with breakfast in bed views to die for and lochside setting on the stunning West Coast of Scotland, across from the Small Isles & Isle of Skye – massages, stargazing, 4 x 4 tours, fast rib adventures, kayak adventures, romantic walks or go mtb biking on designated downhill tracks close by.E-bike hire available and in house catering on request.
Award winning honeymoon hideaway
**WINNER HIGHLAND & ISLANDS TOURISM AWARDS BEST SELF CATERING ACOMMODATION SCOTLAND 2023 **
For couples seeking to spoil each other, switch off and re-connect for a very special and unadulterated romantic getaway in five star luxury surroundings your special escape here. This multi award-winning hideaway features as one of C4’s Extraordinary Escapes with Sandi Toksvig,on various Travel programmes, special escapes features and winner of Lux Magazine’s ‘Best Honeymoon and Romantic Getaways 2022 and the Hopsitality awards “Best Romantic Hot Tub Holiday accommodation – Scottish Highlands” but you best be quick as it books up quite a bit ahead!
Knoydart Hide, beautifully positioned on Scotland’s refreshingly rural Knoydart Peninsula (known as “Britain’s last wilderness”), is the proud winner of multiple awards, and has featured on several prestigious lists, such as The Times’ ‘Top Five Romantic Boltholes’ in Conde Nast, Scottish Field, most romantic Honeymoon Hideaways and Enterprise Awards winner of Most Luxurious accommodation”
Stunning lochside setting
Overlooking Loch Nevis, set in under half an acre of ancient secluded woodland your dream getaway awaits you, with beech trees, Scots Pine and a carpet of beautifully scented and wildly romantic wildflowers framing a majestic mountain landscape that soothes the soul right by the coast and beaches on Knoydart.
The South-facing Knoydart Hide has been lovingly crafted from blended local wood, copper artisan roofing and Danish glass floor-to-ceiling windows that ensures it blends beautifully with its natural surroundings, as well as allowing plenty of natural light to flood inside all day. Outside there is wrap around decking, outdoor furniture as well as a Fat Boy hammock for two!
You’ll arrive at your private paradise by water taxi, and once inside, you’ll soon discover that staying in the wondrous wilderness can also include unrivaled five star luxury. Personalised antique furniture and special touches throughout, gorgeous soft furnishings, floor to ceiling window frames with private forest views surround you throughout and stylishly detailed flourishes are all set off by heated Italian floor tiles, ensuring the two of you are kept warm and cosy throughout your stay. Curl up by the Danish Rais wood burning stove or stretch out in the super comfy super sized antique canopied bed with floor to ceiling forest views to wake up to in total privacy!
Your own private hot tub and spa for two
Featuring a floodlit outdoor hot tub and infra-red sauna, a freestanding bath overlooking the forest, his and hers decadent antique marble vanity units, antique and special touches throughout including complimentary Scottish organic essential oil based body lotions, shampoos, conditioner and hand soaps it isn’t hard to see why this magical hideaway is so celebrated by couples searching for a romantic escape to remember for a long time to come. Simply snuggle yourselves into the soft luxury bathrobes for two, crack open your complimentary fizz, and get ready to relax.
The living area is designed with both beauty and romantic relaxation in mind, with unique local art adorning the walls, a Danish wood-burner to warm your toes or snuggle up beside, and timeless furnishings to relax on, including a Napoleonic mahogany sofa and an antique dining table with chairs – the ideal setting for endless romantic feasts.
Catering can be arranged for you; although if you decide to cook you’ll find a contemporary kitchen that features everything a culinary master could wish for…including a selection of cookbooks for inspiration, Panasonic Breadmaker and a Nespresso machine to help you ease into your mornings. Wander down to the village for latte and cake, the local pub (mainland Britain’s remotest pub – Guinness book of records) is only a 10 minute walk from you, sells craft real ales and artisan beers from the local micro brewery and hosts traditional music sessions. There are local dining out options that embrace the slow food movement and the freshest of local produce.
Fresh Seafood Platter in-house service
One of the highlights for guests is tasting the fresh creel caught langoustines, fresh mussels, cold and hot smoked salmon and the freshest of hand dived scallops caught that morning. Why not pre-book a Hide Seafood Platter and have it delivered to your door for an indulgent west Coast culinary experience in the privacy of your own hideaway? The local village pub with real ales, folk music and open fire is only a 10 minute stroll away serving evening meals and lunches as well. There’s also a cosy tearoom and cafe with sweet treats, home bakes, hot chocolate, lattes and more perfect after a wild swim out front or for lazy brunches after a relaxing stroll.
Of course, with so much breathtaking scenery all around, you may prefer a sizzling al fresco supper and soak up the views on the wraparound decking – oh, and be prepared to say hello to the friendly local wildlife, too!
Your own boutique spa with sauna and hot tub
Bedtime has never felt sweeter than when pulling back the crisp cotton sheets on an antique superking canopy bed, in a room featuring outstanding private floor to ceiling private forest views. Why not inspire a perfectly dreamy mood by indulging yourselves with a soak in the freestanding bath first? A roomy monsoon shower also awaits you in the opulent bathroom, together with an infra-red double sauna and plenty of sweet-scented toiletries…not to mention amazing views from the windows. You may very well find you spend the majority of your stay escaping the outside world in your very own Scottish hideaway!
For an extra helping of luxury, why not step outside and into the sunken, perfectly lit beachcomber tub, featuring one of the best hot tub views you’ll find in the whole of Scotland, and providing the most amazing setting for stargazing in the unpolluted night sky? Or relax back on the Double Fatboy Hammock on the decking perfect for cuddling up overlooking the forest. You may even catch the Aurora, see the milky way for the frst time or make a wish on a shooting star!
In-house masseuse available
If you feel in need of even more relaxation, why not book an in-house massage and feel yourself drift away to new levels of relaxation?
You may feel so indulged that you won’t feel the need to venture out at all. If you do, you’ll find Knoydart itself blissfully free from distraction, with no street lighting, pollution, roads or mobile masts to be found. The perfect place to reconnect and get away from it all – together. Wifi throughout lets you keep in touch when you want to.
4 x 4 Wilderness Tours, stargazing, fishing guide experiences, hill walking guides, e-bikes and Magical Kayak Hire on Loch Nevis
Book a private 4 x 4 landrover tour to learn about the highland estate once home to 2000 who were cleared off in the Highland Clearances to Canada, Spot the red deer and otters or look out for the ruin settlements and runrigging or lazybeds etched on the hillside. Your knowledgeable guide will show you the signs and hidden corners of Knoydart. Bring your binoculars for an introduction to our stunning night sky and beyond where you can witness the milky way, planet activity and nebular clusters above.
Knoydart Fishing Experience
We have a new fishing experience that is now on offer on Knoydart with the local ranger service, where guests can book a half day or full day loch fishing for brown trout or Pier Fishing. half Days 9am – 1pm or 1pm to 5pm. Full days are 9-5pm and also include a beach fire and cook up. If you would like more information I can send this through on confirmation of your booking with us.
Kayak experiences on Loch Nevis out front
A magical way to explore Knoydart at your own pace where you can hire the latest sit on kayaks and all the equipment you need to experience a water adventure. 2 hours taster sessions, half day and whole day hires. Take your sit on top kayak up Inverie River and enjoy the river life from a different vantage point.
Fast Rib Adventures and Go Explore!
Our Local boat hire company offers excellent local private BBQ beach escapes or romantic picnics for two on your own Loch Nevis castaway lagoon with total privacy or go lobster potting on a nature rich experience, history of the area, sea angling/fishing trips, remote mountain biking trips (you require your own bikes for bike tours) and half day or whole day trips to the small isles of Rum to see Kinloch Castle, Muck, Canna, Skye or Eigg. A great way to see the wildlife from the water, porpoise, minke, whale, basking shark and more or visit a special sightseeing spot such as Camusfearna and the waterfalls, go wild swimming or take in the monuments to Edal and Gavin Maxwell from Ring of Bright Water.
Mountain Guide Experience
Guided Munro, Corbett and Tarbet Walks or Fell Runs on Knoydart Inspirational walks and expeditions with an enthusiastic, experienced Mountain Leader and Eco-adventurer.
Inverie Day Walks – Inverie Hills, Corbetts and Glens. Choose from: Sgùrr Coire Choinnichean, Beinn na Caillich, Beinn Bhuidhe or the Mica Mine, Munro Bagging from Inverie. Ladhar Bheinn circular (10 to 12 hours). Meal Bhuidhe and Luinne Bheinn circular (11 to 14 hours). All 3 Inverie Munros in a day (for athletic hill walkers only). Inverie Three Package – 2 days guiding over a period of 3 days – A great option if wanting to bag the 3 Inverie Munros with the flexibility of choosing the best weather and option of a rest day in between the 2 big mountain days. Available for ½ day to 4-day adventures. All routes can be guided and delivered at your pace or even as fell runs.
Visit The Remotest Pub in mainland Britain on Knoydart
Knoydart has a vibrant local community and Community pub serving beer from our very own micro brewery here on Knoydart. The community has a full program of Highland ceilidhs and traditional folk music held locally which you are very welcome to dip into while staying at Knoydart Hide. Traditional music sessions are very regular in village pub and alot of fun! There are even some instruments on the walls, fiddles, guitars. mandolin and an upright piano for guests to use if they wish.
Beautifully wild walking in all directions
As you step utside the Hide you are spoiled for choice if you enjoy walking.If you like un-signposted ramblings you’ll love the freedom and walking opportunities here on Knoydart. There are three munros on Knoydart Luinne Bheinn (939m) Meall Buidhe (946m) and Ladhar Bheinn (1020m) the most westernly munro in Scotland (mountains over 300 feet! There are also 5 corbetts (smaller mountains between 2,500 and 3000 feet) and everthing in between. There are marker forest paths, Knoydart in a Knutshell self guided walks as well as beach walks and low level coastal walking too. You can also take a private Land Rover 4 x 4 tour,or even charter a boat to haul creels and catch langoustines and lobsters for dinner while watching the local wildlife stags, eagles, pine martins, seals, dolphin and otters breakfast at dawn up. Go minke whale spotting, wild swimming, a private stargazing experience for two or order a picnic to take to your very remote island by boat for lunch.
If you’ve always wondered what being in the lap of luxury really means, then with a stay at Knoydart Hide you’re sure to find out. So grab your loved one and whisk yourselves away to the wondrous wilderness, where pure, unadulterated indulgence awaits.
Bed Configuration : Knoydart Hide bed arrangement 1 superking or twin on request and up to 2 full size singles (separate beds) can be configured on arrangement by request for a supplement.
Things to Note :
Mobile in-suite massage services are available, no smoking permitted in the property, pets are welcomed on prior arrangement (maximum 2 dogs), pet bowls/towels/pet crate by arrangement are available. If you need a pet sitter one can be booked in advance for your stay if you would like to have an evening out and leave your fur baby at home with company. Short breaks of two nights or more, inquire for details.
- Floor to ceiling glass private forest views, breakfast in bed to die for views and Rais Danish wood burning stove.
- We love the Infra red sauna, mood lighting hot tub on your own private decking in total privacy.
- Double Fatboy Hammock on the decking for lazy afternoons together!
- Award Winning honeymoon hideaway.
- Artisan hand made copper roof.
- Wild flower meadow from the same cut of turf as used at the London Olympics.
- Set in ancient woodland.
- In – house masseuse available on request
- Watch otters feast at dawn, pine martins, dolphins, porpoise and stags.
- 2 Pets very welcome by special arrangement.
- Antique furnishings and gorgeous soft frunishings and crisp white linens.
- Dreamy romantic canopied bed.
- Multi award-winning hideaway which features as one of C4’s Extraordinary Escapes 2022.
Good to Know
- Bedroom sleeps 2 super king-size romantic french antique canopy bed (can also be twin).
- Luxury robes & towels provided, hot tub, pro-running machine, dressing table, large ensuite spa bathroom, freestanding bathtub, vanity unit, marble dresser, monsoon walk-in shower, double sauna.
- Complimentary bathroom toiletries.
- Wood burning stove, underfloor heating throughout.
- Open plan kitchen with bread maker, Nespresso machine, wine keepers, induction hob, microwave, Bose sound dock, dishwasher, WiFi, TV, DVD player and Weber Gas BBQ.
- Port on arrival and complimentary bottle of bubbles.
- Forest walks and low level walks as well as three munros on our doorstep.
- High spec E-Bike Mountain Bikes with Turbo Assist available locally for hire.
- 4×4 Landrover Tours and Stargazing Experiences available.
- up two two children may be acommodated on request (supplement applicable).
- AA Covid Assured accreditation.
- 5 star eco credentials with air source heat pump and solar panels with inverters that capture the suns energy.
- 5 minutes walk to mainland Britain’s remotest pub Guinness Book of Records, local restaurant, and Knoydart Pottery and Tearoom Cafe.
- In house Seafood platters to order, fresh local langoustines, scallops, mussels, salmon , hand dived scallops, homemade breads and dips.
- Local restaurants for dining out options.
- Escape to Knoydart, known as mainland Britain’s last wilderness for natural unspoiled ancient woodland, wide open spaces, bags of fresh air, red deer, eagles, otters pine martin, badgers, dolphins seals wildlife and scenery.
- Hire bikes locally or take a sit on kayak for an adventure up the river and out on the loch.
- Take a guided walks with our local ranger guides.
- 4 x 4 Tours available – Discover more about the Highland Clearances, see where the boats set sail for Canada in the 1800’s, learn about lazy beds, stroll through ruins.
- Knoydart forms part of Community Buy Out and the local history of the blackhouses.
- Go wildlife watching on dolphin/whale tours. Island hopping with fast rib adventures half and whole day hires.
- Explore a deserted beach with a romantic picnic or learn to haul a creel and cook your catch on an open fire with Minch Adventures.
- The Hide is designed for couples with the added flexibility of being able to take two children by special request.(Supplement applies on request)
- Cot available on request.
- Take some local Knoydart smoked venison home with you.
- Visit the remotest pub in mainlnd Britain – Guinness book of recods.
- Visit the local mini artisan micro brewery in the old chapel.
- Stargazing paradise -see the milky way and look out for the Northern lights!
2023 KNOYDART HIDE RATES
1st November 2023 – 31st Dec 2024 (Low Season excl. Christmas Week and New Year which are high season*)
2/6 nights £320 per night
1 Week £2100 week
2024 KNOYDART HIDE RATES
1st November 2023– 31st Dec 2023 (Low Season excl. Christmas Week and New Year which are high season*)
2/6 nights £320 per night
1 Week £2100 week
2024 KNOYDART HIDE RATES
1st Jan 2024 – 31st March 2024 (Low Season – excl. Valentines break which is a 3 night stay 13,14,15 Feb 2021, Christmas and New Years weeks which are high season*)
2/6 nights £320 per night (£640 / £960)
4-6 nights £300 per night (£1200/£1500/£1800)
1 Week £2150 week
Minimum stay: 2 Nights Midweek (Mon – Thurs) or 3 Nights for Weekend Breaks which includes any Fri, Sat, Sun night).
1st April 2024 – 31st October 2024 (High Season)
2/6 nights £340 per night (£680 / £1020 / £1360/£1700/£2040)
1 Week £2350 week
1st November 2024– 31st Dec 2024 (Low Season excl. Christmas Week and New Year which are high season*)
2/6 nights £325 per night
1 Week £2200 week
2025 KNOYDART HIDE RATES
Knoydart Hide is available Friday to Friday in 2025 and shorter stays by special arrangement
7 night weekly lets 2025 From £2300 per week
Guests comments :
“Couldnt think of a place Id rather be in love in, thank you Ian and Jackie love your first Honeymooners” – Ellerstons (Glasgow)
“Instant relax, felt perfectly spoiled. A blissfully private time for us, long walks, long lie-ins, saunas, fresh seafood and getting to see the aurora was amazing!” – Jenners (Edinburgh)
“Just the best 50th wedding anniversary stay I could have imagined thankyou so much.” – Baptiste (Bath)
“Don’t change a thing, loved the wild flower meadow and wow that view from the bed – wouldn’t want to wake up anywhere else in the west coast. Already booked to come back.” – Fleming (Nottingham)
“Hot tub, view for 2, lucky us we found you early. An amazing place.” – Beradelli (Cornwall)
“An absolutely fantastic weekend, we had completely forgotten about the world outside Inverie. Thanks so much Ian and Jackie for the beautiful accommodation. A superb holiday location.” – Croziers (Aberdeenshire)
“Absolutely he perfect hideaway in all accounts, loved every moment.” – Austin (Australia)
“Five stars, hunted high and low for somewhere utterly unique to ask Claire that special question. Left with my fiancé. Thank you Ian and Jackie what you have is so special and the hot tub rocks.” – Simmons (Grenwich)
- Guests: 2 | Bedrooms: 1 | Beds: 1 | Bathrooms: 1 | Rooms: 1
- Check-in After: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Special Offer or Late Availability: BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL OFFER 5% off any bookings up to Dec 2025 valid for all new bookings at award winning honeymoon hideaway with hot tub Knoydart Hide, made before 30 November 2023.
- Baby Cot
- Barbecue Area
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Coffee Machine
- Cosy collection
- Disabled Access
- Dog Friendly
- Drying Room
- DVD player
- Electric Bikes
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tub
- In The Wild
- Induction Cooker
- Ipod Dock
- Jacuzzi Bath
- Laptop-Friendly Workspace
- Loch Views
- Mountain Views
- Music System
- No Smoking
- Open Fire/Woodburner
- Outdoor furniture
- Sea views
- Secure Bike Storage
- Sensational sunsets
- Sky TV
- Smart TV
- Tumble Dryer
- TV Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wild Swimming
- Self Check-In
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Additional rules information
- We do accept up to two well behaved pets and we can provide pet bowls, pet baskets and pet toels for beachy paws. we have a pet charge of £40 per stay. There are some fabulous forest walks and beach runs here for our four legged guests.
- 1-3 Bedrooms
- 2-18 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 6 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 10 Guests