- A gorgeous private self catering Studio Room for 2 guests, own decking with french doors and large beachcomber hot tub at a constant 40 degrees for your exclusive use.
- In house masseuse on request.
- Gorgeous Highland Soaps organic lemongrass and ginger shampoo, conditioner, hand and body wash on dispensers for your use.
- Nespresso coffee machine, perfect for late lattes on the deck.
Good To Know
- Fast water taxis pick you up in Mallaig (20 min) crossing (run daily several sailings a day) and guests are collected on arrival and departure.
- Cars are parked safely in Mallaig while you holiday on Knoydart.
- Knoydart Studio Room is central to the village but set back in half an an acre of ancient Scottish woodland for the quickest relax.
- 2 x High spec E-Bike Mountain Bikes with Turbo Assist available for hire.
- 4x4 Landrover Tours.
- AA Covid Assured accreditation.
- 5 star eco credentials with air source heat pump and solar panels with inverters that capture the suns energy.
- Local dining out options close by all within walking distance (5 -10mins) including remotest pub in mainland Britain (Guinness Book of Records) real ales, craft beers and evening meals. Tearoom and pottery 5 mins walk
- In house caterer on request for seafood platters fresh from the loch in front of the house - West Coast fruit de mer of langoustines, fresh crab, salmon and mussels.
- Escape to Knoydart, known as mainland Bitain's last wilderness for natural unspoiled ancient woodland, wide open spaces, bags of fresh air, red deer, eagles, otters pine martin, badgers, dolphins seals wildlife and scenery.
- Hire 2 state of the art E Bike mtb Perfly 5 Trek turbo assist bikes on site.
- Take a guided walks with our local ranger guides.
- 4 x 4 Tours available - Discover more about the Highland Clearances, see where the boats set sail for Canada in the 1800's, learn about lazy beds, stroll through ruins.
- Knoydart forms part of Community Buy Out and the local history of the blackhouses.
- Go wildlife watching on dolphin/whale tours. Island hopping with fast rib adventures half and whole day hires.
- Explore a deserted beach with a romantic picnic or learn to haul a creel and cook your catch on an open fire with Minch Adventures.
- The Hide is designed for couples with the added flexibility of being able to take two children by special request.(Supplement applies on request)
- Cot available on request.
- Take some local Knoydart smoked venison home with you.
- Visit the remotest pub in mainlnd Britain - Guinness book of recods.
- Visit the local mini artisan micro brewery in the old chapel.
- Stargazing paradise -see the milky way and look out for the Norther lights!
A stunning highland hideaway for 2 reveals a gorgeous French canopy bed, outdoor decking to chill on and one of the best hot tub views in the UK - masseuse, seafood platters, 4 x4 Tours, mtb e-biking and stargazing adventures!
Fall wildly in love in Britain's last wilderness
Located on the stunning West Coast of Scotland - this ridiculously romantic bolthole for two has a stunning antique ciel de lit canopy bed with a supersized hot tub out front and one of the best hot tub views in the UK. Gaze across the stunning lochside setting on the West Coast of Scotland, across from the Small Isles & Isle of Skye. Watch otter feast at dawn, stags graze the hill and the occasional Golden Eagle in the Skye.
One of the best hot tub views in the UK
A self catering Studio Room for 2 guests with access to a large beachcomber hot tub set at a constant 40 degrees. The main house has regularly featured in magazines, photo shoots and travel articles from Condé Nast Traveller, Guardian, Telegraph, Scotsman and The Scotand on Sunday. One well behaved pet welcome by prior arrangement.
Knoydart House has won numerous awards and accolades ‘Luxury Scottish Winter Retreats' , The Times roundup of ‘Best Scottish Hideaways', to Scotland's Homes & Interiors magazine, Departures In Flight Magazine, Scottish Field, Perfect Weddings and more. Featuring in The Travel Show, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Scotsman, The Times, Lux magazine and until Jan this year was a large award winning designer lodge sleeping 10. We are thrilled to be able to offer the Studio Room out as an exclusive offering just for two guests looking for a special stay away from it all, while the main house, separate to the Studio Room, is now our family home.
Stunning sealoch location
A gorgeous super king bed (twin or a super king double) to suit with a romantic french canopy bed, en suite w.c and monsoon style shower. Designed to make the most of our stunning location it has large french windows which open out onto your own decking area, perfect for nightcaps under the milky way or breakfast al fresco. Direct sea loch views and a well equipped mini kitchen perfect for some quiet time together on Knoydart.
Furnished throughout to a very high standard with antique pieces, family pieces and art by local artists on the walls.
Complete with a bespoke fitted luxury small kitchenette the Studio Room has its own external entrance and separate french sliding doors out onto its own decking area. Towels and hot tub towels are provided as well as nespresso pods for your coffee machine, Highland Organics hand soap and hand lotion dispensers for your complimentary use, plus beautiful white crisp linen for a perfect nights sleep Luxury accommodation on Knoydart for up to 2 guests.
With impressive views of the serene Loch Nevis waters and tucked just above the village of Inverie Knoydart Studio Room is the perfect place for an escape for two for a short break or romantic escape. Accessible only by foot or by boat, Scotland's Knoydart peninsula is one of the most remote areas in the UK and is known for its rugged wilderness, unspoiled wildlife and incredible natural beauty.
Peaceful wildlife haven
Designed to make the most of its magical
setting and with an elevated position amid private woodland, the Studio Room
offers an escape just for two from the hustle and bustle of modern day life.
Complimentary high speed satellite wifi, panasonic tv, dvd player and bose
bluetooth sound dock keep you connected during your escape. Breath-taking
woodland, loch and wildflower views offers no better place to see untouched
nature at its very best.
The open plan studio room mixes sleek Italian stone flooring and modern underfloor heating with a huge canopied bed.
In house massages available
Outside the Studio Room you'll find
a decking area and outdoor furniture which takes you round to the luxurious
outdoor hot tub where you can enjoy unparalleled views across Loch nevis,
Gaelic for heaven . Set at a constant 40 degrees, the tub has inspirational
Loch and woodland views and is the perfect spot for gazing at the clear starry
night skies. For an added piece of indulgence, the Studio Room also has
an exceptional in-house team that can treat you to a soothing massage and
prepare a seafood platter with fruits de mer from our loch by prior arrangement.
Home to 120 residents, the area is ideal for an intimate and relaxing break where you can enjoy magnificent Munro mountain walks, wonderful woodland forages and idyllic shoreline strolls. Here, ranger walks can guide you to some of the local wildlife hotspots where roe deer, stags, otters and dolphins share your tranquil surrounds.
Local water taxis can also whisk you across to the Isle of Skye or Inner Hebrides to visit the small isles of Rum, Muck, Eigg and Canna. Knoydart is thriving highland community of 124 residents with local tearoom and pottery, craft shop, post office, farm shop and local dining out options, where you can sample estate venison, fresh langoustines, lobster and hand dived scallops landed straight from their loch. Knoydart is also known for being home to the remotest pub mainland Britain - Guinness Book of Records.
Fresh Seafood Platter in-house serviceOne of the highlights for guests is tasting the fresh creel caught langoustines, fresh mussels, cold and hot smoked salmon and the freshest of hand dived scallops caught that morning. Why not pre-book a Hide Seafood Platter and have it delivered to your doorfor an indulgent West Coast culinary experience.
Beautifully wild walking in all directions
As you step utside the Hide you are spoiled for choice if you enjoy walking.If you like un-signposted ramblings you'll love the freedom and walking opportunities here on Knoydart. There are three munros on Knoydart Luinne Bheinn (939m) Meall Buidhe (946m) and Ladhar Bheinn (1020m) the most westernly munro in Scotland (mounains over 300 feet! There are also 5 corbetts (smaller mountains between 2,500 and 3000 feet) and everthing in between. There are marker dorest paths, Knoydart in a Knutshell self guided walks as well as beach walks and low level coastal walking too.
You can also take a private Land Rover 4 x 4 tour,or even charter a boat to haul creels and catch langoustines and lobsters for dinner while watching the local wildlife stags, eagles, pine martins, seals, dolphin and otters breakfast at dawn up. Go minke whale spotting, wild swimming, a private stargazing experience for two or order a picnic to take to your very remote island by boat for lunch.
Knoydart Hide couples E-Bikes
Explorte the rough bounds of Knoydart in style on two High spec Trek Powerfly 5 E-bikes which are available exclusively for guests to hire; delivered to your door on request.
4 x 4 Wilderness Landrover Tours and Private Stargazing Experiences
Book a private 4 x 4 landrover tour to learn about the highland estate once home to 2000 who were cleared off in the Highland Clearances to Canada, Spot the red deer and otters or look out for the ruin settlements and runrigging or lazybeds etched on the hillside. Your knowledgeable guide will show you the signts and hidden corners of Knoydart.There is also a resident astronomer who can be booked for stagazing evenings on request; introductions to our stunning night sky for beginners and beyond wher you can witness the milky way, planet activity and nebular clusters above.
Knoydart, although beautifully remote (think Outlander), is actually very easy to get to with amazing fast water taxi connections by high powered catamaran zipping across Loch Nevis several times a day, seven days a week. All water taxis tie in with train times and sleeper connections which offer excellent links from London to Mallaig. Catch the Jacobite steam train made famous in the flying car chase scene over the spectacular Glenfinnan viaduct by a well known wizard in Harry Potter!) You can leave any Scottish city at late lunchtime and be kicking back in the hot tub looking at the Milky way by 7pm!
- Underfloor heating throughout is included.
- Luxury robes provided for duration of your stay.
- Guest collection and drop off on arrival and departure by landrover (we are only 5 mins walk from the pier).
- All Ecover cleaning materials.
- Crisp cotton bed linen provided and goose down pillows and duvet.
- Organic Lemongrass and ginger luxury toiletries in dispensers for guests use.
- Complimentary wifi.
Knoydart House Studio Room is £145 per night in 2021 Deposit to book is 30% and balance is not payable until 8 weeks prior to arrival. Stress Free bookings with Master cancel protection 100% refund guaranteed *60 days - 2 days prior to arrival.T's&C's apply.
Guests Comments :
"5 star accommodation, 5 star service! You did us proud." - Mike and Hazel Stretch (Oban)
"A little piece of heaven within Heaven!" - Muriel and Alexander (Freiburg and Paris)
"OMG - what a place first time to Knoydart and just didnt want to go home. Knoydart House is a very special house with quite possibly the best hot tub view in Britain! Thanks to Ian and Jackie for being the perfect hosts" - Gordon Jack (Linlithgow)
"Do I HAVE to go home???" - Garry Morrison (Lossiemouth)
"Wonderful welcome and stay in Knoydart. Soooooo comfortable!"Max and John (London) - Lesley and Malcolm Leiper (Lossiemouth)
"Fabulous location and pure luxury - WOW!!! Great kitchen, living room, dining room, hot tub and view x Thanks." - Caroline and Peter Wilson (Collessie, Fife)
"A really really really STUNNING place we LOVED it here!! Thankyou do much for making us feel so at home and relaxed, what a special weekend - hot tub was pimpin!!!" - Hanah and Joey (New York)
"Beautiful! Lovely house in an idyllic setting. Fantastic finishing touches, "the perfect package". Thank you." - Morgan Mote Craigie
"Neither of us wanted to leave! We had an amazing holiday - Knoydart House Studio Room was the last word in luxury and comfort. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and you live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. To top it all, the Munro Baggers among us completed all they set out to achieve. Many thanks and Good Luck" - Isabel Watson
"An absolutely fabulous house in a fabulous location. Best holiday ever! Thanks to Ian and Jackie, Anna and Struan we will be back!!!" - Chris and Julie Dilnot (Yorkshire)
"Beautiful House and Stunning location - very well done!. Its definitely got us thinking and we hope to be back to Knoydart House Studio Room again before too long." Jilly and David (Strathpeffer)
"Absolutely Fabulous, Great house, pub and people couldnt hace chosen a better place." - Melanie Jones and Family (Kippen & Helensburgh)
"Have had an absolutely fantstic time. Weather's been good and The Old Forge (local pub) is excellent and Knoydart House is just STUNNING with an awesome view! Cant wait to come back again. Thanks for a lovely stay." - Donald and Diane Lunan (Elgin)
"Amazing week in a unique setting! Thank You!" - Mason Davidson (Chemlsford)