Knoydart House Studio Room
Lochaber, Knoydart, Scotland
- A gorgeous private self catering Studio Room for 2 guests, own decking with french doors and large beachcomber hot tub at a constant 40 degrees for your exclusive use.
- In house masseuse on request.
Good To Know
- Fast water taxis pick you up in Mallaig (20 min) crossing (run daily several sailings a day) and guests are collected on arrival and departure.
- Knoydart Studio Room is central to the village but set back in half an an acre of ancient Scottish woodland for the quickest relax.
- Local dining out options close by all within walking distance (5 -10mins) including remotest pub in mainland Britain (Guinness Book of Records) real ales, craft beers and evening meals. Tearoom and pottery 5 mins walk and award winning shoreline restaurant taxis available.
- In house caterer on request for seafood platters fresh from the loch in front of the house - West Coast fruit de mer of langoustines, fresh crab, salmon and mussels.
- Knoydart is a community buy out with huge green credentials, community hydro scheme and the house has P.V solar panels and thermal air source heat pump.
- Book a 4 x 4 tour of the area, hire bikes or a half day guided walk with our local rager. Traditional music and ceilidhs are a regular feature in the local hall where you can try your first strip the willow or eightsome reel with the locals.
A self catering Studio Room for 2 guests with access to a large beachcomber hot tub set at a contact 40 degrees. The main house has regularly featured in magazines, photo shoots and travel articles from Condé Nast Traveller, Guardian, Telegraph, One well behaved pet welcome by prior arrangement.
Knoydart House has won numerous awards and accolades ‘Luxury Scottish Winter Retreats' , The Times roundup of ‘Best Scottish Hideaways', to Scotland's Homes & Interiors magazine, Departures In Flight Magazine, Scottish Field, Perfect Weddings and more. Featuring in The Travel Show, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Scotsman, The Times, Lux magazine and until Jan this year was a large award winning designer lodge sleeping 10. We are thrilled to be able to offer the Studio Room out as an exclusive offering just for two guests looking for a special stay away from it all, while the main house, separate to the Studio Room, is now our family home.
A gorgeous super king bed (twin or a super king double) to suit with a romantic french canopy bed, en suite w.c and monsoon style shower. Designed to make the most of our stunning location it has large french windows which open out onto your own decking area, perfect for nightcaps under the milky way or breakfast al fresco. Direct sea loch views and a well equipped mini kitchen perfect for some quiet time together on Knoydart.
Furnished throughout to a very high standard with antique pieces, family pieces and art by local artists on the walls.Complete with a bespoke fitted luxury small kitchenette the Studio Room has its own external entrance and separate french sliding doors out onto its own decking area. Towels and hot tub towels are provided as well as nespresso pods for your coffee machine, Highland Organics hand soap and hand lotion dispensers for your complimentary use, plus beautiful white crisp linen for a perfect nights sleep Luxury accommodation on Knoydart for up to 2 guests
With impressive views of the serene Loch Nevis waters and tucked just above the village of Inverie Knoydart Studio Room is the perfect place for an escape for two for a short break or romantic escape. Accessible only by foot or by boat, Scotland's Knoydart peninsula is one of the most remote areas in the UK and is known for its rugged wilderness, unspoiled wildlife and incredible natural beauty.
Designed to make the most of its magical
setting and with an elevated position amid private woodland, the Studio Room
offers an escape just for two from the hustle and bustle of modern day life.
Complimentary high speed satellite wifi, panasonic tv, dvd player and bose
bluetooth sound dock keep you connected during your escape. Breath-taking
woodland, loch and wildflower views offers no better place to see untouched
nature at its very best.
The open plan studio room mixes sleek Italian stone flooring and modern underfloor heating with a huge canopied bed.
Outside the Studio Room you'll find
a decking area and outdoor furniture which takes you round to the luxurious
outdoor hot tub where you can enjoy unparalleled views across Loch nevis,
Gaelic for heaven . Set at a constant 40 degrees, the tub has inspirational
Loch and woodland views and is the perfect spot for gazing at the clear starry
night skies. For an added piece of indulgence, the Studio Room also has
an exceptional in-house team that can treat you to a soothing massage and
prepare a seafood platter with fruits de mer from our loch by prior arrangement.
Home to 120 residents, the area is ideal for an intimate and
relaxing break where you can enjoy magnificent Munro mountain walks, wonderful
woodland forages and idyllic shoreline strolls. Here, ranger walks can guide
you to some of the local wildlife hotspots where roe deer, stags, otters and
dolphins share your tranquil surrounds.
Local water taxis can also whisk you across to the Isle of Skye or Inner Hebrides to visit the small isles of Rum, Muck, Eigg and Canna. Knoydart is thriving highland community of 200 residents with local tearoom and pottery, craft shop, post office, farm shop and local dining out options, where you can sample estate venison, fresh langoustines, lobster and hand dived scallops landed straight from their loch. Knoydart is also known for The Old Forge inn, the remotest pub mainland Britain - Guinness Book of Records.
Knoydart Studio Room is £120 per night (£60pp) 2018 and £130 per night in 2019. Deposit to book is 50% of your stay.