- We love the natural turf roofs and natural curved stone design.
- Uber efficient eco credentials with full underfloor heating, air source heat pump and solar water heating.
- Jaw dropping panoramas of Loch Broom and Ullapool from your treetop location.
- Your own private spa bathrooms with luxury freestanding baths and sauna.
- BBQ and outdoor seating for alfresco breakfasting highland style.
- the Treetop House sits beside its own private waterfall, a beautiful feature which can be floodlit at night.
Good To Know
- Sorry these properties are pet free.
- Please kindly note vehicular access to the door of the houses which are reached by a stepped foot path however assistance can be provided with luggage if required.
- 10-min walk to central Ullapool or an hour and 10 minutes from Inverness.
- The Curved Stone House sleeps 4 (1 en-suite double; 1 twin), and the Treetop House sleeps 3 or 4 (1 en-suite double; 1 double).
- 10-minute stroll to the bustling village of Ullapool.
- Informal and formal dining options available at The Ceilidh Place, with it's quirky Scottish bookshop and regular live folk music nights.
- The Ferry Boat Inn offers fresh home cooking and good bar meals or try the Arch Inn for a good alternative.
- The West Coast Delicatessen is a great coffee stop with some highland cheeses, a good selection of deli foods and fresh open sandwiches for lunch.
- There is no shortage of places to eat with award winning fish and chips, The Seafood Shack as well as other local hotels and cafes.
- Ullapool also has a large Tesco 10 minutes from your accommodation, ideal for a grocery shop or last minute supplies.
- James Curley fly-fishing is a local fishing guide service covering Coigach and Assynt - lochs, burns and spate rivers, home to wild brown trout, artic char, sea trout and Atlantic salmon.
- Walk on the wild side and visit the Knockan Crag Natural Reserve or walk up the Braes and get a stunning view down to Ullapool. In under an hour you can be walking the famous hills and mountains including Stac Pollaidh, Cul Mor, Cul Beag, the world famous Suilven and south to Beinn Dearg and An Teallach.
- An Talla Solais is the community-led art centre in Ullapool where they run courses and sell exquisite art, craft and design products - Rhue Art gallery is 3 miles north of Ullapool.
- Visit Highland Stoneware and watch the potters and artistsat work.
- The hills and glens are home to many deer, the iconic and mighty red deer, golden, white tailed sea eagles, red and black throated divers can be seen around Loch Broom. Guillemot, razorbill and even Puffins are seen in the loch.
- Harbour porpoise, common dolphin, known to chase boats and surf in the bow wake. Take a boat or ferry trip out to the Summer Isles and Hebride.
- Shearwater Cruises operate from Ullapool offering trips to Loch Broom and the Summer Isles or book a Seascape Expeditions with fast rib rides for safe fun adventures.
- Bring your clubs - Ullapool Golf Club is a walk-on course, no preset tee times a fine wee course offering a variety of parkland and coastal holes.
- The owners Gavin ad Rachel live locally and are on hand to meet guests on arrival where they cn offer tailored information, local info and guest support where required.
- Guests are welcomed with bubles on ice, and a selection of delicacies inlcuding local smoked salmon and cheese or a dietary alternative.
Two uber luxurious turf roof highland stone lodges, with private sauna, exquisite design credentials and jaw dropping views over Loch Broom.
One of the 50 Best Cottages in Britain
The Hebridean architect designed Stonehouses were created by an artisan team together with skilled local craftsmen under the direction of the owners working together in complete harmony with the natural environment. Hailed as one of the 50 best cottages in Britain, with their grass turf roofs, beautiful traditional stone work throughout, exquisite design credentials, eco solutions and stunning interiors - its no wonder they are booked up well ahead. Cocooned with recycled insulation and fully underfloor heated by air-source heat pumps with solar water heating and an LPG backup the Stonehouses are always warm underfoot with oodles of hot water when you need it. Inside you will find a stunning curved kitchen worktop to compliment the kitchen with all the gizmos and gadgets you could want - a cook's paradise; not to mention the decor and furnishings which are of the highest finish throughout. There's a wood burning stove for curling up beside and plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Did we mention the amazing location, every room streams with light during the day thanks to the panoptical styled design and clever use of glazing - you just wont want to leave.
The Treetop Stonehouse
The Treetop Stonehouse sleeps three guests and includes a luxury en-suite double bedroom with kingsize bed and a second single or double with a standard double bed including its own shower and WC. In a stunning elevated location with panoramic views of mountain, sea and island vistas over the top of the indigenous forest of birch, rowan and ash and panoptical near 360 degree views of forest, sea, mountain and stream. Your own private sauna, luxury freestanding bath, monsoon style showers and cosy wood burning stove make for the most romantic of highland escapes. Eco-friendly solar power heats the hot water, while an LPG backup ensures there's always enough for an indulgent soak in the tub.
The Curved Stonehouse
The Curved Stonehouse offers a stunning double bedroom with en-suite and a second equally gorgeous twin or double bedroom with a second shower room and WC. Take a romantic soak in the luxury freestanding bath or relax in the spacious sauna with double monsoon style shower. Your large open plan kitchen/dining and living areas offer a wonderfully relaxing and spacious room with jaw dropping views aided by the floor to ceiling glass windows. You'll be hard pushed to leave this oasis of calm where the ever-changing light and loch views provide the perfect backdrop for evening dinner or stargazing in the highland night sky.
Ullapool is a mecca for traditional music both in the local village pubs and the fabulous arts centres in the village. Don't be surprised if you walk into a session in full flow with fiddles, pipes, clarsach, singers and mandolins for Ullapool attracts an international gathering of musicians in a year-round programme of arts and music events. The walking around Ullapool is exemplary and the Stonehouses lend themselves perfectly to head out for a days climbing and walking on forest trails, hill paths and marked routes. Avid golfers can head over to the Loch Broom golf course for a round of golf or riders can take to the saddle for some stunning pony trekking in the area. Sea kayaking, fly fishing, swimming or wildlife watching are just a few of the many activities to be found on your doorstep. The Stonehouses are the perfect base to enjoy a variety of exciting island hopping tours from Ullapool (Isle Martin and Summer Isles) to Achiltibuie (Summer Isles) or you can just totally relax in your own private sauna and curl up undisturbed together in front of the wood burning stove if its total peace and tranquillity you seek.
If your seeking some re-connection time, celebrating a honeymoon, minimoon or anniversary the Stonehouses offer unique boutique styled luxury accommodation and a very private and special experience of the highlands of Scotland.
High season runs from late April to end of September plus New Year and Christmas weeks, mid in April and October, and low season from early November to end of March.
Weekly rental (Saturday to Saturday) from
April to October.
Short lets with flexible start days are available from November through to March.
Treetop and Curved Stonehouses 2019 RATES
APRIL 27 - SEPTEMBER 28 2019
Weekly rentals: Sat - Sat (weekly) £1940
April and October 2019: £1800 per week
JAN 5 - MAR 30 2019 / NOV 2 - DEC 21 2019 (Weekly) £1280
Available for short off-peak breaks:
3 nights (min) £270 per night
4 nights £245 per night
5 nights £220 per night
6 nights £200 per night
CHRISTMAS : £1940 per week Sat 21st - Sat 28th Dec 2019
NEW YEAR 2019 - 20: £1940 per week Sat 28th Dec2019 - Sat 4th Jan 2020
Treetop and Curved Stonehouses 2020 RATES
MAY 2 - OCTOBER 3 2020
Weekly rentals: Sat - Sat (weekly) £1990
April and October 2020: £1860 per week
JAN 4 - MAR 28 2020 / OCT 31 - DEC 21 2020 (weekly) £1830
Available for short off-peak breaks:
3 nights (min) £290 per night
4 nights £260 per night
5 nights £235 per night
6 nights £215 per night
CHRISTMAS 2020 : £1990 per week Mon 21 - Mon 28 Dec 2020
NEW YEAR 2020 - 21: £1990 per week Mon 28 Dec 2020 - Mon 4 Jan 2021
Guests Comments :
"We are so thankful - it has been like the most beautiful fairy tale. Ullapool, the Stonehouses, the Highlands - a dream - we do not want to wake up! Thanks for making us so welcomed at this gorgeous place."
"Second visit - amazing weather - 3 beach days! Houses are a credit to your imagination and attention to detail. Yoga on the wall was a delight. Back to reality now - no more comfort at every turn - but relaxed to the core after a week here"
"The house is absolutely wonderful - everything we hoped for and more - shower and bath particularly superb and the langoustines were the best we've ever tasted - thanks so much for taking the trouble to get them for us. We also appreciated the hi-fi and gave it a good workout."
"Thank you so much for looking after us in this superb setting and building. Stonehouse/Treetop is fantastic and the views are wonderful. We have had a great week walking, running, cycling and mountaineering. The langoustines (lively straight off the boat were delicious)".
"We arrived in desperate need of complete rest and relaxation - at Treetop we found our sanctuary! The most beautiful house in a spectacular location. Rachel and Gavin, we cannot thank you enough. We are already planning and counting the days until we can return again"
"We both loved our stay in this fabulous accommodation and it was the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We will always keep very fond memories of our time in the Stonehouses and we now have the perfect place for anniversary holidays!"
"A stunning house in a stunning area. Rachel and Gavin make the house feel like a home! Such a variety of areas to visit but the Geo Park area is magnificent. We return home fully revitalised"
"We have both loved our stay in this beautiful house and in the most perfect location. The house is so well appointed - a pleasure to be in, look in, sleep in and look out of."
"Wonderful views, beautiful house- who could ask for any more"
"Great geology, great scenery, great walking, superb food and drink with special friends in such a splendid house. Hurrah for the Stonehouses"
"There is little we can add to the many expressions of delight, praise and appreciation made by earlier contributors to this book. We have found the Stonehouses to be a most beautiful place in which ‘to be'. We find ourselves wanting to share this place with our friends and family and hope to return. Ullapool is a great location. We have travelled North and South of here experiencing the dramatic landscapes of the NW Highlands of Scotland."