- Superb shared games room with snooker, table tennis, darts and football for hours of family fun.
- We love the herculean garden sized chess set out front!
- Gorgeous arched windows flood the property with morning light.
- A stunning highland farm steading conversion with historic charm and elegant furnishings throughout sleeping 6 guests with flexibe bedding configuraton.
- Cosy open fire with additional logs supplied.
Good To Know
- Glendaruel Lodge forms part of a beautifully renovated farm steading complex with additional properties that can be booked individually or in conjunction for larger groups.
- Pet friendly property, by arrangement.
- Guests are advised that the property has a natural water supply from a spring.
- Secure parking for guests' cars.
- Inver Cottage Restaurant at Strathlachlan offers delicious dining food on the shores of Loch Fyne (8 miles).
- The Royal at Lochan Hotel, Tighnabruaich for a first-class dining room and a less formal bistro. Also the ‘Shinty Bar' has a great range of whiskies (9 miles).
- Creggans Inn Strachur provides world renowned, excellent food and roaring log fire most evenings (12 miles) or try The Kilnan Hotel en route to Loch Fyne is known ‘for that special gourmet treat' (5 miles).
- Shellfish lovers will recognise the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar for its world famous oysters, this restaurant specialises in seafood, although it offers a varied menu (30 miles). The Oyster Catcher at Loch Fyne is another excellent seafood location. (6 miles).
- The Crinan Hotel at the West End of the Crinan Canal provides great cuisine with plenty of fresh seafood. There's lots to do in Crinan so you can make it a full day out! (1.5 hours by car or the ferry from Portavadie to Tarbert).
- Coylet Inn on the shores of Loch Eck - follow the signs for Dunoon, turn left at the Holy Loch, and Coylet and is 6 miles along the road to Strachur, on your left.
- The Colintraive Hotel has a beautiful spot to dine out, overlooking the Isle of Bute (5 miles).
- Take a day trip to Mull; largest of Argyll's Atlantic Islands and home to Tobermory, Iona, Islay, Tiree, Lismore, Scarba, and Staffa where regular ferry trips make all accessible for a great day out.
- Mount Stuart House on the Isle of Bute has beautiful gardens and theatrical rooms to wonder through inspired by history, astrology, art and mythology.
- Inverary Jail offers an exciting step back to almost two centuries. Take your seat on the public benches of their historic courtroom, and try out the hammocks in the old prison.
- Watch master distillers at work in one of Scotland's oldest sources of single malt scotch whisky exploring each part of the whisky making process. Your tour will finish with a sample of their Oban 14 year old single malt with some crystallised ginger - a taste sensation!
This stunning renovated lodge nestles in the peaceful wooded valley of the River Ruel with superb shared games room - a 200-year-old farm complex surrounded by unspoilt wooded glens in 150 acres of wooded grounds teaming with wildlife.
Glendaruel Lodge is a well-appointed 3 bedroomed luxury self-catering holiday accommodation in Argyll sleeping 6 guests with shared games room complete with snooker, table tennis, darts, table and football. Comfortable, luxurious accommodation in wonderful surroundings, with lots to see and do - in short the foundation of a great holiday. This charming family accommodation is over two floors - with the bonus of being able to bring your pet to join in all the fun!
Formerly the home farm to the estate Glendaruel Lodge is part of a steading conversion and has been lovingly restored and are very comfortably furnished in contemporary Scottish style. The spacious courtyard setting affords Glendaruel a sense of privacy with access to 150 acres of wooded grounds, abundant in bird and wildlife, with free trout and salmon fishing on the Ruel beat owned by Home Farms - the fishing hut provides an ideal picnic spot. One of the most admired views in Scotland, The Kyles of Bute, awaits discovery just 6 miles away, as do the tranquil village of Tighnabruaich's lovely natural bays, sandy beach, shops, restaurants and 9 hole golf course. Colintraive, 9 miles, offers a pub serving good food and there is a summer shop (limited opening hours) adjacent to Home Farm. Within 5 miles from your front door you can reach the beach. The local pub and restaurant are just 7 miles down the road and the local shop is only 13 miles away for picking up any last minute supplies.
Until 1984, Home Farm provided dairy services to Glendaruel, Loch Riddon and the surrounding areas for over 40 years. The family retained the farm and reinvented the buildings as luxury self-catering accommodation in Argyll enabling them to preserve the farm's unique character and allow guests to continue to enjoy the tranquillity of Glendaruel. Sensitively restored and elegantly renovated in contemporary Scottish style, Glendaruel retains its old-fashioned charm, coupled with cosy, comfortable interiors whilst staying true to its unforgotten long standing farming heritage.
To die-for views and unspoilt surroundings
There are numerous walks in the area including Home Farm's own 200 acres, as well as fishing, distilleries, castles, beaches and island hopping. Outside there is a patio and BBQ with outdoor furniture - perfect for a glass of wine and a meal on warm evenings or breakfast alfresco. On the ground floor there is delightful open plan living area with open fire, satellite TV, DVD player and CD player. There is also a well equipped kitchen with all you would wish for during your stay including electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine/dryer. The property has retained beautiful natural wooden flooring. The comfortable living area boasts an open fire perfect for relaxing after a days adventure in the surrounding countryside. The bedrooms comprise of well appointed rooms, 3 king-size bedrooms, one with en suite shower and WC, sleeping 6 guests comfortably. There is also a second WC/bathroom with shower over bath. For families the property offers a travel cot and highchair available on request and there is a landline telephone provided on an honesty box basis.
5 star fun for guests
The lodge has access to an extensive shared games room complete with snooker, table tennis, darts, table football and Wi-Fi ideal for keeping all ages entertained on site. There is so much to see and do when staying at Glendaruel Lodge. Head for Inverary and pack your clubs for there are two great golf courses. Kyles of Bute Golf Club is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the hill above Kames, the golf course offers truly panoramic views across the water to the Island of Bute. There is also a golf club at Tighnabruaich which offers 9 holes with stunning views, clubs on site and an honesty box in sit.
If you enjoy browsing galleries why not plan a visit to take in The Inverbeg Gallery, Loch Lomond - one of the largest collections of oil and watercolour paintings by Scottish, European and International artists or visit The Hidden Gallery, Newton, Loch Fyne. There you can discover the wonderfully vibrant work of internationally renowned artists Don McNeil and Jean Bell. Island hopping has never been easier from your base here where you can take a day trip to Mull; largest of Argyll's Atlantic Islands and home to Tobermory, Iona, Islay, Tiree, Lismore, Scarba, and Staffa where regular ferry trips make all accessible for a great day out. Whisky connoisseurs will be able to watch master distillers at work one of Scotland's oldest sources of single malt scotch whisky exploring each part of the whisky making process. Your tour will finish with a sample of their Oban 14 year old single malt. Step back almost two centuries and take your seat on the public benches in the historic courtroom which is Inverary Jail where you can even try out the hammocks in the old prison. A fun day out for all ages.
Mount Stuart House on the Isle of Bute provides an excellent day out. Explore the beautiful gardens and theatrical rooms of the house itself, inspired by history, astrology, art and mythology; there's also a gift shop and restaurant where you can have lunch or simply browse with a great cup of coffee or tea. If you're planning to eat out during your holiday there are a wide variety of restaurants and pubs with great menus ranging from simple light fayre to seafood dishes all freshly caught and prepared for you to order. The world-famous Loch Fyne restaurant is a treat for oyster lovers and there are many great restaurants perfect for family celebrations.
Larger parties :
Glendaruel Lodge forms part of Home Farm Estate and can offer Highland Cottage sleeping 6, Glendaruel Lodge sleeping 6 and The Coach House sleeping 4 for larger party bookings on request.
From £665 low season per week, short breaks of three nights or longer from November to end of March excluding Christmas and New Year which are peak season and weekly lets.
- Our second holiday at Home Farm Cottages and for sure not the last one.Everything was perfect, there are no words to describe how nice the cottage looks with all the amenities.10+"
"Couldn't be a nicer base to share with friends. Had a lovely week and caretakers very helpful. The waterfall opposite and walks nearby were super. The games room a lovely addition. The road to and from a bit bumpy on the car, the rain had created some large potholes but take it slow and you're fine."