- Infra red sauna
- Large outdoor hot tub with mood lighting
- Huge floor to ceiling glass windows
- BBQ and sundeck
Good To Know
- Up to 2 pets can stay for free.
- Wifi throughout the lodge.
- On the North Route 500.
- Wheelchair accessible, with free parking on the grounds.
- Child friendly but please be aware there is a pond in the grounds of Waterloo Lodge.
- Cam Mac Boat Trips offer coastal boat tour departing from Lochinver Marina and Highland Stoneware produces local hand-thrown pottery.
- Hermit's Castle (15 mins from Achmelvich Beach) built in the '50s and despite appearances, it's only just big enough to stand inside it. There's a small fireplace and sleeping area - quite a quirky location!
- Climb Suilven, it may be only 731 metres high, but its unique outline, challenging remoteness and superlative views make it one of the finest mountains in Britain.There's also the Assynt range of Cul Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Cul Beag to be bagged.
- The stunning beach of Achmelvich sands with its turquoise clear waters and sugar white sand is close by.
- North Coast Sea tours by boat are an excellent day trip while staying with us.
This jaw-dropping timber lodge in one of the last great unspoiled wildernesses of Europe, has all the bells and whistles with a backdrop and location to wow.
Outdoor hot tub with moodlighting, infra red sauna and stunning views over Loch Inver and the Assynt mountains on the North 500 route.
Perched on a Lochinver hillside, looking over to the Assynt mountain range, Waterloo Lodge offers precious time out without compromise. This luxury self-catering retreat lies in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Crafted to envelop you in comfort and relaxation. The floor to ceiling height glass windows take you closer to nature than you could possibly dream of.
Throw in those to die for West Coast sunsets where you can move effortlessy from the hot tub overlooking the loch, to the BBQ sundeck, the balcony and the living room with its open plan layout and vast kitchen for serious foodies with all the gizmos and gadgets to hand, including a 47" Smart TV and Nespresso Coffee machine.
Sharing your surrounds with the locals and their habitat is an effortless task during your stay watching seals, red deer, otters, leaping salmon, brown trout and even golden eagles and many other species of bird life. The Lochinver area is home to a huge variety of interesting flora and fauna including black-throated loons, greenshanks, puffins, Arctic skuas,ptarmigan, golden plovers and golden eagle, mountain hares, pine martens, otters and red deer, grey seals, porpoises, dolphins, minke and killer whales, rare helleborines, yellow mountain saxifrage, viviparous bistort and mountain avens.
Green credentials are way up there with a geothermal heating system providing heat to the lodge while boasting a low carbon emission.
From its hillside setting, the Lodge looks down onto the quiet fishing village of Lochinver, out across the clear waters of the loch to the Mountains of Assynt. Keen kayakers and can get out on the river, loch or sea with Norwest Sea Kayaking based in Lochinver, for half day and day trips the Achiltibuie-Summer Isles, Ullapool and Lochinver area.
Returning to Waterloo Lodge is the quickest relax, warm underfoot padding across underfloor heating and sliding open the large French doors you can breakfast on the sundeack or take a night cap under the "big dipper' if you choose. There's nothing better than a real log fire and good company for a cosy night in after a brisk walk on the hills.
It goes without saying and as you'd expect from this stunning property all bedrooms are en suite. The master bedroom balcony offers spectacular morning rise with your morning latte with a super-king size bed, walk-in wardrobe, en-suite bathroom and large balcony with panoramic folding doors. The bathroom comes complete with both a bath and large waterfall shower.
The furniture in the room is high-quality Oak, which includes; dressing table and mirror, bedside tables with designer reading lamps and a full-length vanity mirror. There is also a hairdryer and a 42" TV with Sky Box.
The Queen Room features an en-suite and walk-in wardrobe with high-quality oak bedroom furniture, designer reading lamps, a mango wood full-length mirror and a hairdryer while the bedroom a twin, has an en-suite, walk-in wardrobe, high-quality oak furnishings, mirror, designer reading lamps and a hairdryer.
Munro baggers and low level walkers can lace up their boots and hit the hills first light with maintained trails and nearby Culag wood for four legged friends to stretch their legs on. While beach lovers can enthuse over deserted, white sandy beaches edged by grassy dunes and clear turquoise sea at Clachtoll, Clashnessie and Stoer.
Waterloo lodge caters for memorable family stays and friends looking for special get-togethers and holidays where memories are made.