- Stunning cathedral styled floor to ceiling windows lookout across to Lochinver.
- Private 6 person hot tub/jacuzzi with mood lighting.
- Masseuse and therapist available in-house on request for special pampering.
- Chocolates and champagne package on arrival can be pre-booked.
- Large wood burning stove
- Huge ground level balcony with outside dining area and gas BBQ for alfresco dining.
Good To Know
- WiFi throughout the property
- Underfloor heating - pad across warm floors
- A small burn runs through the property and opens out into a large tranquil pond.
- Pets welcome by arrangement.
- Private onsite parking.
- There are several excellent quality restaurants locally which are very busy in the season and require pre-booking with last orders usually by 8pm.
- Locally you can dine at Peets restaurant or An Cala cafe both at the harbour. For fresh seafood and Tapas visit Caberfeidh Restaurant. There are three hotels to choose from The Culag, Inverlodge and Kelesku and all dining out options serve fresh seafood.
- Try the famous pies from the Loch Inver Larder.
- Cam Mac Boat Trips offer coastal boat tour departing from Lochinver Marina and Highland Stoneware produces local hand-thrown pottery.
- Hermit's Castle (15 mins from Achmelvich Beach) built in the '50s and despite appearances, it's only just big enough to stand inside it. There's a small fireplace and sleeping area - quite a quirky location!
- Climb Suilven, it may be only 731 metres high, but its unique outline, challenging remoteness and superlative views make it one of the finest mountains in Britain.There's also the Assynt range of Cul Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Cul Beag to be bagged.
- The stunning beach of Achmelvich sands with its turquoise clear waters and sugar white sand is close by.
- North Coast Sea tours by boat are an excellent day trip while staying with us.
Stargazers will love this breathtakingly beautiful luxury mountain lodge perched on the hillside of Baddidaroch - wake up to breakfast-in-bed views to die for and your own personal hot tub/jacuzzi for 6.
From your own personal outdoor hot tub with moodlighting overlooking the tranquil fishing village of Lochinver your stay at Waterloo House makes for the quickest relax. This gorgeously decadent mountain lodge has herculean floor to ceiling windows that bathe you in natural sunlight and play on the magical landscape in front of you.
Three spacious en-suite bedrooms, sleeping 6 guests includes one double bedroom, one large double bedroom and a twin room all with fabulous views to wake up to.
Take breakfast on the balcony, you have two to choose from and as the salmon skies set over Lochinver and the stars switch on you can catch your first glimpse of the milky way or orions belt up above. Flick on the gas bbq or head indoors across warm underfloor heating to the supersized living room with wood burning stove perfect for relaxing nights in the cooler months.
A well designed kitchen with separate centralised breakfast bar area is great for socialising.The design of the cooking flow space is perfect for whoever is playing chef that night in your party as they're never far from the group chatter and company as they whizz, chop and flambe dinner before you. A Dolce Gusto coffee machine and all the thoughtful gadgets you could need for an effortless home from home stay are provided at Waterloo House.
Sharing your surrounds with the locals and their habitat is an effortless task during your stay watching seals, red deer, otters, leaping salmon, brown trout and even golden eagles and many other species of bird life. The Lochinver area is home to a huge variety of interesting flora and fauna including black-throated loons, greenshanks, puffins, Arctic skuas,ptarmigan, golden plovers and golden eagle, mountain hares, pine martens, otters and red deer, grey seals, porpoises, dolphins, minke and killer whales, rare helleborines, yellow mountain saxifrage, viviparous bistort and mountain avens.
Munro baggers and low level walkers can lace up their boots and hit the hills first light with maintained trails and nearby Culag wood for four legged friends to stretch their legs on. While beach lovers can enthuse over deserted, white sandy beaches edged by grassy dunes and clear turquoise sea at Clachtoll, Clashnessie and Stoer.
Gaze out across the clear waters of the loch to the Mountains of Assynt. Keen kayakers and can get out on the river, loch or sea with Norwest Sea Kayaking based in Lochinver, for half day and day trips the Achiltibuie-Summer Isles, Ullapool and Lochinver area.
Your mountain lodge has plenty of undisturbed wildlife all around. On cloudless nights stargazing is a must, wrap up warm, sit on your balcony and stare at the starry sky above. A place for sharing special moments, where friends gather, families reconnect and you can simply just slow down, quite beautifullly.
Low season £850 per week
Mid season £1175 per week
High season £1450 per week
"We had a brilliant holiday here. The house is lovely and spacious. The views cannot be beaten. The scenery around the area is breathtaking. I would recommend the walk over to Achmelvich. The beaches are beautiful and not overcrowded. Great pies at the Lochinver Larder! We would definitely stay again."
"Spent a week here with my family of five grown ups. A great place for rest and recuperation from busy lives - everything we needed for a stay at home rest, though there is a lot around Lochinver to explore; beaches to find, mountains to climb. The house has everything you need plus more for a stress free unwind!"
"We had a journey but it was worth it, the house was wonderful and the views out of this world. The dogs enjoyed themselves long walks and we enjoyed the beach the most. The jacuzzi is a great touch for star gazing"