- 5 minutes walk to the gorgeous Traigh beach with it's white sugar sands and dunes.
- Surrounded by wild natural landscape and woodlands for a beautifullt tranquil stay.
- Iconic location close to the Silver Sands beach of Morar, immortalised in the film Local Hero.
- Two Skandi styled wooden lodges Golden Eagle and Sea Eagle to choose from.
Good To Know
- Closest railway station is Arisaig - and you can catch the Hogwart's Express made famous in that flying car chase in Harry Potter over the Glenfinnan viaduct to Morar station.
- Visit Glenfinnan Monument, climb Ben Nevis, go skiing at Nevis Mountain Range.
- Dogs welcome (by prior arrangement) and with miles of beautiful beach out front - perfect for beach runs and long walks.
- Secure private parking by the property for two vehicles.
- Foodies will love the local dining out options - fine dining at the Old Library in Arisaig or the former SOE estate house Arisaig House are 10 minutes away by car.
- For more relaxed dining in the villlage you can choose between Cafe Rhu and the Arisaig Hotel or a litte further afield you can experience Glenfinnan House Hotel or the quirky Glenfinnan Dining Car which is a refurbished railcoach offering snacks and lunches.
- For the most amazing handmade breads, foccacias, spelt, sourdough, lattes, cakes and gigantic meringues head to the Old Quay Bakehouse in Mallaig. They also sell awesome artisan pizzas on the crannog at the end of the pier.
- Excellent hotel dining out options at Arisaig, Morar and Mallaig. Fresh seafood available from Andy Race.
- Don't miss a trip to Andy Race's for fresh creel caught langoustines, hand dived scallops, mussels and fresh local fish.
- Head out on horseback with Silversands Trekking Centre near Arisaig and discover the natural beaches from the saddle.
- Play a round at Traigh Golf Course, the most Westerly course on the UK mainland under minutes walk away.
- Hire sea kayaks from Arisaig kayaks close by.
- Take a wildlife cruise with Arisaig Marine and go whale watching and looking for dolphin and seals.
- Day trips to the Inner hebrides, Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Canna and Rum.
- Hire bikes, hit the swimming pool or take a bespoke fishing trips with Minch adventures.
- Beach strolls, camp fires on the beach, walking in Roshven, climbing the munros on Knoydart and scaling the Glenfinnan Hills are some of the adventures just waiting to happen.
- Hire sea kayaks and go out round the skerries for the day from Arisaig.
Skandi styled lodges tucked close to sugar sand beaches of Traigh, Arisaig and perfect for getting back to nature with spectacular woodland scenes outside.
The white sandy beaches at Traigh, near Arisaig, epitomise the ideal West Coast of Scotland beach with sheltered bays, expanses of silvery sand, a backdrop of coastal grassy machair and great views to The Small Isles beyond. Great beaches for swimming, kayaking, beachcombing, rockpooling, wildlife spotting and picnicking.
Golf, beaches, rest and relaxation.
You'll find it all here in the beautiful West Coast of Scotland at Traigh - the Gaelic word for beach. Across the single track road from Traigh holiday lodges are a series of white sandy beaches complete with a wonderful collection of dunes - ideal for sunbathing, exploring, walking or beachcombing. Out on the horizon lie the islands of Eigg, Rum, and Skye. 'Beachaholics' will love Traigh Lodges which is also close to Camusdarach Beach, where Local Hero was filmed.
Sea Eagle & Golden Eagle Lodge
Both lodges sleep 4 guests. Downstairs both lodges have a relaxing double bedroom. Upstairs the property has a twin room accessed by an angled ladder. Inside you will find a neat galley kitchen with electric cooker, ceramic hob, microwave oven and fridge. On the lower level is a bathroom with bath/shower and open plan Living/dining room with TV and DVD player. The Lodges are designed to make maximum use of the gorgeous West Coast light with patio door leading out to a veranda overlooking the Sound of Sleat. There is also a guests' washing & drying facility at the main house. Secure parking is available for two cars. All bed linen, towels and electricity is included. Up to two well behaved pets are welcome by prior arrangement. (Small pet supplement applicable)
There are various boat Boat trips from Mallaig to Knoydart, Small Isles (Eigg, Rum, Muck & Canna) and the Isle of Skye. Calmac sails to Skye daily and The Shearwater departs from Arisaig Marina taking you on a relaxing trip or day out to the Small Isles where you may well see dolphins, whales, porpoises and seals in their natural habitat. There is also trout fishing available on Loch Morar which is the deepest freshwater Loch in Europe. Legend has it that Morag a prehistoric monster graces the waters of Loch Morar.
Adventures await you
An exciting trip while staying with us is a journey on the Steam train which travels from Mallaig to Fort William and vice versa daily, during the summer season. The train journey was voted by wanderlust as one of the best in Europe and the train crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct made famous in the flying car chase scene in Harry Potter. Your base in Traigh is perfect for accessing Aonach Mor Ski and outdoor sports centre (approx a one hour drive).
If you fancy a round of golf your only a short walk to Traigh Golf Course. Golf has been played at Traigh since about 1900. Traigh Golf Course was designed by well-known Scottish golf architect John Salvesen. Cunningly using the natural contours of the hills that rise up from the beach, he created ‘a fair challenge to all levels of golfer - but a course that is great fun to play on, so that one wants to play it again'.Sea Eagle and Golden Eagle Lodges offer a relaxing escape for couples and families of four looking to unwind and follow a different rhythm of life. Sunsets, beach stolls and special time together in one of the most beautiful West Coast locations.
To Book contact Eilidh - Email : email@example.com Tel: 01687 450645
Jan 01 - Mar 23 £370
Mar 23 - May 25 £480
May 25 - Jun 29 £540
Jun 29 - Aug 31 £670
Aug 31 - Nov 2 £480
Nov 2 - Dec 20 £370
Dec 20 - Dec 27 £480
Dec 27 - Jan 03 £540
All electricity, towels and bedding is provided. Please note dogs are welcome by arrangement (pet supplement £20 per pet per stay - please bring own pet bedding).
Deposit £150 per week and property available from 4pm on date of arrival until 10am on date of departure. There are washing and drying faciliities available for guests of the lodges, at the main house.
Couples Lodges only - 10% discount outwith school holidays.