- Stay in a traditional highland gatehouse with mesmerising views of the Inner Hebrides
- Minutes walk to the gorgeous Traigh beach with it's white sugar sands and dunes.
- Surrounded by wild natural landscape and woodlands for a beautifully tranquil stay.
- Iconic location close to the Silver Sands beach of Morar, immortalised in the film Local Hero.
Good To Know
- Closest railway station is Arisaig - and you can catch the Hogwart's Express made famous in that flying car chase in Harry Potter over the Glenfinnan viaduct to Morar station.
- Visit Glenfinnan Monument, climb Ben Nevis, go skiing at Nevis Mountain Range.
- Dogs welcome (by prior arrangement) and with miles of beautiful beach out front - perfect for beach runs and long walks.
- Secure private parking by the property for two vehicles.
- 50% discount available on golf tickets for guests wishing to play neighbouring Traigh Golf Course.
- Foodies will love the local dining out options - fine dining at the Old Library in Arisaig or the former SOE estate house Arisaig House are 10 minutes away by car.
- For more relaxed dining in the village you can choose between Cafe Rhu and the Arisaig Hotel or a little further afield you can experience Glenfinnan House Hotel or the quirky Glenfinnan Dining Car which is a refurbished railcoach offering snacks and lunches.
- For the most amazing handmade breads, foccacias, spelt, sourdough, lattes, cakes and gigantic meringues head to the Old Quay Bakehouse in Mallaig. They also sell awesome artisan pizzas on the crannog at the end of the pier.
- Excellent hotel dining out options at Arisaig, Morar and Mallaig. Fresh seafood available from Andy Race.
- Don't miss a trip to Andy Race's for fresh creel caught langoustines, hand dived scallops, mussels and fresh local fish. You can pick up a fruits de mer combo at the local fishmongers or try some of Jaffy's award winning smoked kippers.
- Head out on horseback with Silversands Trekking Centre near Arisaig and discover the natural beaches from the saddle.
- Play a round at Traigh Golf Course, the most Westerly course on the UK mainland under minutes walk away.
- Hire sea kayaks from Arisaig kayaks close by.
- Take a wildlife cruise with Arisaig Marine and go whale watching and looking for dolphin and seals.
- Day trips to the Inner hebrides, Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Canna and Rum.
- Hire bikes, hit the swimming pool or take a bespoke fishing trips with Minch adventures.
- Beach strolls, camp fires on the beach, walking in Roshven, climbing the munros on Knoydart and scaling the Glenfinnan Hills are some of the adventures just waiting to happen.
- Hire sea kayaks and go out round the skerries for the day from Arisaig.
This beachside Gatehouse couldn't get much closer to the white sugar sands of Traigh Beach with it's mesmerising views over to the Inner Hebrides and the Isles of Muck, Rum, Canna and Skye.
The white sandy beaches at Traigh, near Arisaig, epitomise the ideal West Coast of Scotland beach with sheltered bays, expanses of silvery sand, a backdrop of coastal grassy machair and great views to The Small Isles beyond. There is an abundance of hill walking both high and low level in the area. Great beaches for swimming, kayaking, beachcombing, rockpooling, wildlife spotting and picnicking.
Golf, beaches, rest and relaxation.
You'll find it all here in the beautiful West Coast of Scotland at Traigh - the Gaelic word for beach. Across the single track road from Traigh Gatehouse are a series of white sandy beaches complete with a wonderful collection of dunes - ideal for sunbathing, exploring, walking or beachcombing. Out on the horizon lie the islands of Eigg, Rum, and Skye. 'Beachaholics' will love the property which is also close to Camusdarach Beach, where Local Hero was filmed.
The Gatehouse is set immediately adjacent to glorious white sandy beaches and the challenging golf course of Traigh. The property sleeps up to 10 guests enjoying extensive sea views with a large kitchen/dining room and sitting room with cosy open fire. Downstairs there is a double bedroom opening into a large children's bedroom with twin beds, bunks, bathroom. Upstairs there are two twin bedrooms with en-suite showers and additional guests toilet. The property also has a utility room for outdoor gear. There is secure parking for 3 cars.
There are various boat trips from Mallaig to Knoydart, Small Isles (Eigg, Rum, Muck & Canna) and the Isle of Skye. Calmac sails to Skye daily and The Shearwater departs from Arisaig Marina or taking you on a relaxing trip or day out to the Small Isles where you may well see dolphins, whales, porpoises and seals in their natural habitat on a day out to the Small Isles. There is also trout fishing available on Loch Morar which is the deepest freshwater Loch in Europe. Legend has it that Morag a prehistoric monster graces the waters of Loch Morar.
Adventures await you
An exciting trip while staying with us is a journey on the Steam traintravels from Mallaig to Fort William and vice versa daily, during the summer season. The train journey was voted by wanderlust as one of the best in Europe and the train crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct made famous in the flying car chase scene in Harry Potter. Your base in Traigh is perfect for accessing Aonach Mor Ski and outdoor sports centre (around one hour drive).
If you fancy a round of golf your only a short walk to Traigh Golf Course. Golf has been played at Traigh since about 1900. Traigh Golf Course was designed by well-known Scottish golf architect John Salvesen. Cunningly using the natural contours of the hills that rise up from the beach, he created ‘a fair challenge to all levels of golfer - but a course that is great fun to play on, so that one wants to play it again'.
Life's definitely a beach at Gatehouse perfect for large families or two couples with children looking for a beachside adventure and lots of fresh air and natural beauty at every turn.
To Book contact Eilidh - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01687 450645
Jan 05 - Mar 23 £710
Mar 23 - Apr 20 £970
Apr 20 - May 25 £820
May 25 - Jun 01 £1290
Jun 01 - Jun 29 £970
Jun 29 - Aug 31 £1470
Aug 31- Sep 14 £970
Sep 14 - Oct 12 £820
Oct 12 - Nov 02 £970
Nov 02 - Dec 20 £710
Dec 20 - Dec 27 £1290
New Year £1470
All electricity, towels and bedding is provided. Please note dogs are welcome by arrangement (pet supplement £20 per pet per stay - please bring own pet bedding).
Deposit £200 per week and property available from 4pm on date of arrival until 10am on date of departure.
Parties of four will receive a 10% discount outwith school holidays at time of booking.
50% discount on weekly golf tisckets for guests wishing to play neighbouring Traigh Golf Course.