- Cosy apartment just a few minutes walk to the gorgeous Traigh beach with its white sugar sands and dunes.
- No light pollution - perfect for star gazers.
- Surrounded by wild natural landscape and woodlands for a beautifully tranquil stay.
- Iconic location close to the Silver Sands beach of Morar, immortalised in the film Local Hero.
Good To Know
- Closest railway station is Arisaig - and you can catch the Hogwart's Express made famous in that flying car chase in Harry Potter over the Glenfinnan viaduct to Morar station.
- Visit Glenfinnan Monument, climb Ben Nevis, go skiing at Nevis Mountain Range.
- Dogs welcome (by prior arrangement) and with miles of beautiful beach out front - perfect for beach runs and long walks.
- Secure private parking by the property for two vehicles.
- Foodies will love the local dining out options - fine dining at the Old Library in Arisaig or the former SOE estate house Arisaig House are 10 minutes away by car.
- For more relaxed dining in the villlage you can choose between Cafe Rhu and the Arisaig Hotel or a little further afield you can experience Glenfinnan House Hotel or the quirky Glenfinnan Dining Car which is a refurbished railcoach offering snacks and lunches.
- For the most amazing handmade breads, foccacias, spelt, sourdough, lattes, cakes and gigantic meringues head to the Old Quay Bakehouse in Mallaig. They also sell awesome artisan pizzas on the crannog at the end of the pier.
- Excellent hotel dining out options at Arisaig, Morar and Mallaig. Fresh seafood available from Andy Race.
- Don't miss a trip to Andy Race's for fresh creel caught langoustines, hand dived scallops, mussels and fresh local fish. You can pick up a fruits de mer combo at the local fishmongers or try some of Jaffy's award winning smoked kippers.
- Head out on horseback with Silversands Trekking Centre near Arisaig and discover the natural beaches from the saddle.
- Play a round at Traigh Golf Course, the most Westerly course on the UK mainland under minutes walk away.
- Hire sea kayaks from Arisaig kayaks close by.
- Take a wildlife cruise with Arisaig Marine and go whale watching and looking for dolphin and seals.
- Day trips to the Inner hebrides, Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Canna and Rum.
- Hire bikes, hit the swimming pool or take a bespoke fishing trips with Minch adventures.
- Beach strolls, camp fires on the beach, walking in Roshven, climbing the munros on Knoydart and scaling the Glenfinnan Hills are some of the adventures just waiting to happen.
- Hire sea kayaks and go out round the skerries for the day from Arisaig.
Retreat to this snug west coast apartment - 'Beachaholics' can stroll for miles, where the wildlife surrounds you - just a stones throw from the white sands of magical Traigh Beach, Arisaig.
The white sandy beaches at Traigh, near Arisaig, epitomise the ideal West Coast of Scotland beach with sheltered bays, expanses of silvery sand, a backdrop of coastal grassy machair and great views to The Small Isles beyond. Great beaches for swimming, kayaking, beachcombing, rockpooling, wildlife spotting and picnicking.
Golf, beaches, rest and relaxation.
You'll find it all here in the beautiful West Coast of Scotland at Traigh - the Gaelic word for beach. Across the single track road from Tigh na Bruaich holiday apartment are a series of white sandy beaches complete with a wonderful collection of dunes - ideal for sunbathing, exploring, walking or beachcombing. Out on the horizon lie the islands of Eigg, Rum, and Skye. 'Beachaholics' will love this property which is also close to Camusdarach Beach, where Local Hero was filmed.
Tigh na Bruaich
The apartment sleeps 5 guests comprising of one double room, a second bedroom with one double and one single bed. The kitchen has an electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave oven, fridge, dishwasher and clothes washer/dryer. There is also an open plan living/dining room with a cute balcony overlooking the mesmerising water of the inner Hebrides with views out to the enchanting islands of Eigg, Rum, and Skye.
This first floor apartment has a bathroom with bath/shower and its own private external entrance/exit. There is secure parking for two vehicles. All bed linen, towels, and electricity are provided in the rental tariff. The flat can also accommodate up to two well-behaved dogs accepted (small pet surcharge applies). There is an abundance of hill walking both high and low level in the area. Guests can enjoy bird watching or take to the water and hire canoes nearby from Arisaig sea kayaks.
There are various boat trips from Mallaig to Knoydart, Small Isles (Eigg, Rum, Muck & Canna) and the Isle of Skye. Calmac sails to Skye daily and The Shearwater departs from Arisaig Marina taking you on a relaxing trip or day out to the Small Isles where you may well see dolphins, whales. porpoises and seals in their natural habitat. There is also trout fishing available on Loch Morar which is the deepest freshwater Loch in Europe. Legend has it that Morar a prehistoric monster graces the waters of Loch Morag.
Adventures await you
An exciting trip while staying with us is a journey on the Steam train which travels from Mallaig to Fort William and vice versa daily, during the summer season. The train journey was voted by wanderlust as one of the best in Europe and the train crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct made famous in the flying car chase scene in Harry Potter. Your base in Traigh is perfect for accessing Aonach Mor Ski and outdoor sports centre (approx one hour drive).
If you fancy a round of golf you're only a short walk to Traigh Golf Course. Golf has been played at Traigh since about 1900. Traigh Golf Course was designed by well-known Scottish golf architect John Salvesen. Cunningly using the natural contours of the hills that rise up from the beach, he created ‘a fair challenge to all levels of golfer - but a course that is great fun to play on, so that one wants to play it again'.
Tigh na Bruaich is the perfect escape for beach lovers a snug west coast apartment where you can get away from it all - together.
To Book contact Eilidh - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01687 450645
Jan 01 - Mar 23 £370
Mar 23 - May 25 £480
May 25 - Jun 29 £540
Jun 29 - Aug 31 £670
Aug 31 - Nov 2 £480
Nov 2 - Dec 20 £370
Dec 20 - Dec 27 £480
Dec 27 - Jan 03 £540
All electricity, towels and bedding is provided. Please note dogs are welcome by arrangement (pet supplement £20 per pet per stay - please bring own pet bedding). Deposit £150 per week and property available from 4pm on date of arrival until 10am on date of departure. There are washing and drying faciliities available for guests of the lodges, at the main house.
Couples only rate for Tigh na Bruaich apartment - 10% discount for bookings outwith school holidays. All electricity towels and bedding is provided. Short breaks available low season. Property available from 4pm on date of arrival until 10am on date of departure. 50% discount available on golf green tickets for guests wishing to play neighbouring Traigh Golf Course.
Guests Comment :
"A restful week in this lovely apartment. We really appreciate the thoughfulness of everything provided. Thank you."