Peat Inn, by St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
- Uber stylish interior décor and every room with its own private en suite and top of the range kitchen.
- Private Hydro spa with hot tub and in-house physiotherapist, available to book during your stay.
- Optional in-house chef the perfect solution for a cook's night off.
- 2 private short game golf areas, 5 pitching mats, 6 holes and 2 bunkers, your own private 270-yard driving range or book onsite coaching with the Hawkswood House Golf PGA Professional.
- Two stunning reception rooms with log burners and spacious light filled conservatory with dining facilities.
- An 8 and 16 seater vehicle can be arranged in advance for guests transfers and personal charters.
Good To Know
- Secure on site parking available for guests.
- Shuttle bus charter available on request please arrange with Hawskwood House in advance of arrival (terms and conditions apply).
- The property offers an optional housekeeping service inclusive in the rate for stays of a week or more for a linen and towel change.
- If you wish In-house catering to prepare full Scottish Breakfast then add a supplement of £20 per person per day when booking.
- Enjoy dining al fresco in the impressive Mediterranean barbecue and outdoor patio area - perfect for entertaining or simply relaxing with friends and family.
- Renowned restaurant the Peat Inn is a short distance from Hawkswood House.
- St Andrews offers a wide choice of both fine and casual dining.
- A chef can be arranged in advance if you wish to dine in the house or an advanced food shopping service is available on request at time of booking.
- Guests complimentary starter hamper for guests on arrival.
- Visit St Andrews close by. An historic town also known as the ‘home of golf' and great for shopping, art galleries, Botanic Gardens and museums with stunning golden beaches. Stuffed with cafes and restaurants such as Rocca Grill, to cosy coffee shops and ice cream parlours.
- St Andrews Cathedral was originally a centre of pilgrimage with the largest church in Scotland. The museum has an excellent collection of sculptures including a superbly carved Pictish sarcophagus.
- Visit the British Golf Museum, which is situated not far from 18th Green of the Old Course.
- Picturesque East Neuk, is a string of fishing villages depicting a gentler way of life and a lovely day trip from Hawkwood House or visit the Secret Bunker, St Andrews Aquarium, St Andrews Castle and the Scottish Fisheries Museum.
- For your city fix Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow are all easily accessible by car.
A five star country house vibe - gorgeously grown up and deliciously decadent original farm buildings fuse with a private hydro spa, optional in-house chef, two private short game golf areas and a private 270-yard driving range.
An exclusive luxury lodge
Hawkswood House is your own exclusive luxury lodge. This 5 bedroomed property is designed with comfort at every turn, spacious, light filled and the perfect accommodation venue close to St. Andrews. There are 5 bedrooms each with its own has luxurious en-suite. There are two immaculately presented reception rooms with log burners which offer a fabulous guest relax area after a day's activities. You'll find two large flat screen TV's with full Sky packages including sports in the sitting room and in the conservatory, tailor made to keep everyone happy; perfect for families with different viewing preferences.
Throw open the large French windows that lead out to the summer terrace and enjoy post dinner drinks or a nightcap under the night sky. On the first floor the terraced balcony provides the perfect setting for breakfast or evening drinks in the warmer months. There's a top of the range kitchens for parties who wish to self-cater or the in-house team can arrange for all staffing requirements to a private Chef catering for breakfast and dinner. With five ensuite bedrooms, up to 10 guests can enjoy Hawkswood House in absolute privacy and comfort. Four of our five bedrooms are zip and link, which can be configured as doubles or twins as required. The kitchen is a cooks dream, well appointed with an oven, microwave, steam oven and induction hob and all the equipment and gizmos you could possibly desire for your stay. There are two tall fridge/freezers, two dishwashers, two sinks and a large dining table utility area as well as a washing machine and dryer. There's a large boot room, which offers plenty of space for all your golf kit and outdoor clothing.
Your own exclusive putting driving range on site
Located in St Andrews & Fife in Scotland, Hawkswood House just 15 minutes away from St Andrews Links, the ideal location for golfers looking to play The Old Course or for people on a Scotland Golf Tour. Fully equipped to provide the most luxurious experience featuring your own private putting and chipping green in the garden. Hawkswood House caters specifically for the Golfer. There's a custom built private Short Game Area designed and built by a golf professional, to provide the perfect practice area for honing your short game. Hawkswood House has 5 pitching mats, 6 holes and two bunkers, providing a wide range of lies and distances. This offers the opportunity to practice a variety of shots on your very own private practice area as well as use of a private 250-yard driving range on the Estate for all guests.
Private hydro spa facilities
Unwind beautifully in your own Hydro Spa, with no less than 43 state-of-the-art jets that relieve-tension in targeted areas including your back, neck, shoulders and calves by cascading up and down your back, a perfect way to relax and unwind. Enjoy dining al fresco with the impressive Mediterranean barbecue and outdoor patio area. Perfect for entertaining or simply relaxing with friends and family. Enjoy a Starter Hamper on arrival and also included in your weekly rate are services for a linen and towel change, for stays of a week or more. If you wish in-house catering the team can prepare a full Scottish breakfast for a daily supplement. Guests may wish to use the BBQ, book the chef to arrange dinner of head out to the Peat Inn restaurant, which is 2 minutes-drive away. Hawkswood Country Estate also has an 8 and 16 seater vehicle available for hire by guests, which requires to be booked in advance of arrival. Transport requirements must be booked in advance. Any additional transfers are chargeable. (Transport hours are between 08.00 and 20.00 hours seven days a week).
The local area
Close by, St Andrews, best known as the ‘home of golf' is a delightful historic town which also offers excellent shopping, art galleries, Botanic Gardens and museums, and magnificent golden beaches. It also has far more restaurants and cafes than you would expect for a town of its size, ranging from fine dining, like the fabulous Rocca Grill, to cosy coffee shops and ice cream parlours.
In its heyday St Andrews Cathedral was a centre of pilgrimage and the largest church in Scotland. The museum has an excellent collection of sculptures including a superbly carved Pictish sarcophagus. You can also visit the British Golf Museum, which is handily situated not far from 18th Green of the Old Course. For something a little different, East Neuk is a string of fishing villages for which the word 'picturesque' might have been invented. Other recommended day trips include the Secret Bunker, St Andrews Aquarium, St Andrews Castle and the Scottish Fisheries Museum. For a quick city fix Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow are all accessible by car.
Hawkswood House offers a true luxury experience. Relax in your own private lodge in total privacy with family and friends, knowing that everything you could possibly want has already been beautifully taken care of.
NIGHTLY RATES :
Jan 2019 £750
Feb 2019 £750
Mar 2019 £800
April 2019 £800
May 2019 £900
June 2019 £990
July 2019 £990
Aug 2019 £990
Sep 2019 £990
Oct 2019 £800
Nov 2019 £800
Dec 2019 £750 (excl. festive)
Jan 2020 £750
Feb 2020 £750
Mar 2020 £800
April 2020 £800
May 2020 £900
June 2020 £990
July 2020 £990
Aug 2020 £990
Sep 2020 £990
Oct 2020 £800
Nov 2020 £800
Dec 2020 £750
Xmas 2020 £990 (23rd - 28th Dec incl.)
New Yr 2020 £1,050 (29th Dec - 2nd Jan 2021 incl.)
Guests Comments :
"Our visit to Hawkswood House was perfect in every way - All 8 of us enjoyed the beautiful home and setting. The owners, John and Mary-Jo were as nice and helpful as they could have been! Our experience was top shelf all the way - including coaching us around the country, fine dining at home with chef's cooking, golfing practice right outside our door! It was a wonderful time, one which will be hard to match, but hopefully repeated soon!"
"Beautiful property with every amenity - in a stuning location. Hawkswood House was the perfect place to stay with our family while attending our son's graduation at the University of St. Andrew's. We aprecciated the opportunity to practice our golf right outside the back door and everybody had lots of room to relax and enjoy this spacious and lovely house.
"Spectacular - Beautiful location, wonderful accommodations and a delightful host in Mary Jo and John. This property is truly special and can only be appreciated by seeing it. If you are a golfer you will be amazed by the private driving range complete with free balls and the putting and chipping area. Honestly would give it a sixth star if I could."
"Best place to stay in Scotland - this property is amazing. The attention to detail is incredible. The owners are so warm and friendly and make you feel as if you are part of the family. I cannot recommend this property enough. We were a group of 8 golfers and everyone was pleased and we were lucky enough to christen the brand new driving range. Cannot wait to make a return trip and see what great new additions they have made. Want to again say a big thank you to John, Mary-Jo and Joanne you could not have made my third trip to Scotland any better because it was the best!"
"The only place to stay in St Andrews - From the time we were picked up, in the beautiful Mercedes shuttle bus, to the time we were delivered back to the train station the service and hospitality was nothing short of impeccable. The Hawkswood House was ideal for the 3 golfers and warm and cozy for the ladies; this home was more than suitable regardless of the occasion for the visit. Furthermore, all the rules and costs were clear and concise and there was no "nickel and diming" or other hidden fees. There's nothing but praise for the Hawkswood House and the staff and truthfully no other place you should stay. Thank you for a great time and great experience."