Craigmoss Highland Homes Plockton Studio
Achnandarach, Plockton, Scotland
- Outdoor seating and patio area for alfresco dining.
- Woodburning Stove with supply of wood.
- Close to local pub within 2 miles.
- Gorgeous woodland opposite the house.
Good To Know
- Free Wi-fi throughout.
- Off-road parking for 1 car.
- All one level, mobility friendly.
- Freeview Freesat TV.
- No charge for pets.
- One basket of logs supplied per rental.
- Dine out at the Plockton Shores Restaurant on the shores of Loch Carron, a small friendly restaurant with a local flavour open all year round Tues to Sat 9am - 9pm. Spectacular views across the bay (including sailing, wildlife, a castle and even palm trees!).
- Visit the Plockton Inn, open all year round and children and dogs are very welcome. Martin the barman lands the famous Plockton Prawns and Kenny, the proprietor takes the finest seafood and smokes it in his smokehouse.
- The Plockton Hotel is the only waterfront hotel.They use the very best of local Highland produce including Plockton langoustines, Skye shellfish, fresh West Coast fish landed at Gairloch and Kinlochbervie. Located on the edge of Loch Carron.
- Visit the Glenelg Inn where you can sample real ales. There is a choice of restaurant dining or good pub food with a log fire.
- Waterside fish restaurant, Kyle of Lochalsh Hotel, Loch Bay Restaurant, Isle Ornsay Hotel or An Crubh on Skye which offer great dining out options. For special occasions visit the award winning Three Chimneys on Skye or Lady Claire's Kinloch Lodge Hotel.
- Calum's Sea Trips - take a seal and dolphin trip with crew of the ‘Sula Mhor' waters of Loch Carron and experience a wildlife cruise. April to October.
- Visible wildlife in Plockton is focused mainly on the sea with numerous gulls, including the common, herring, glaucous and greater and lesser black-backed,, puffins and oyster catchers.
- Traditional Music is available at the Plocktpn Inn on Tuesdays from April onwards 9.30pm -11pm and again on Wednesdays at the Plockton Inn 9-11pm
- At Sea Kayak Plockton, learn and develop paddling skills and enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the Scottish Highlands from a totally different perspective.
- Closer by, Eilean Donan Castle at Dornie is a fully restored Jacobite castle and one of the premium tourist attractions in Scotland, with a newly built Visitor Centre, giving a unique insight into the life of a Highland Chief. Also visit Bernera Barracks at Glenelg or the Brochs.
- Biking The local moors and woodlands around Plockton offer great mountain biking directly from the village; a full days challenging ride can be had over the Lochalsh Peninsula without the need for the car at all!
Be at one with nature and enjoy relaxed west coast living in Achnandarach the heart of West Coast of Scotland.
Plockton Studio offers a fabulous highland studio apartment for up to four guests in just under ¾ an acre of gardens in the heart of Wester Ross. The studio is a self contained separate lettable wing of Parth Galen, wch comprises part of the spacious family house sleeping 8 so can be rented alone for fouras the Studio or booked along with Parth Galen to sleep up to 12 for larger groups on request.
Your luxury Studio accommodation
The main living area is open plan with high ceilings which flood the studio with morning and evening light. The views across the sea to the Cuillin mountains on Skye are absolutely stunning. The lounge area complete with Free view TV/DVD. Returning in the evening to Parth Galen Studio you can sit in front of the wood burning stove and relax with that favourite bottle of wine or try one of the local restaurants, many of which specialise in serving some of the fantastic seafood dishes for which the west coast is famous. There is a dining table and chairs for four, a well equipped kitchen with all modern appliances, microwave, fridge with ice box, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine and two spacious bedrooms (double bed and two single beds) with modern shower room. Plockton Studio also has its own patio area, bounded by a low wall with outdoor dining furniture, which creates an ideal spot to enjoy a drink whilst savouring the incredible sea and mountain views.
Set in under an acre of private garden grounds garden grounds in Achnandarach which is right in the heart of the west coast of Scotland. It is a stone's throw from the Skye Bridge, Eilean Donan Castle and within minutes of the beautiful village of Plockton. The property offers a tranquil and relaxing stay in a superb setting in the heart of Wester Ross.
Plockton Studio is ideal for visitors who enjoy walking, cycling, fishing, canoeing, sailing or simply relaxing away from the crowds in one of the most scenic areas of the Highlands. The surrounding area is a haven for wildlife an ideal haven for photographers and bird-watchers with ever changing scenery, sunsets and skies. Rich in natural flora fauna and wildlife wake up to surround sound nature. Watch otters play first thing or at last light, red deer on the hill and inquisitive seals bobbing on the tide. Cheeky pine martins play in the woods and birdlife is rich in number including red-throated divers and corncrakes There are some wonderful walks direct from the property and with the Torridon mountains, the Skye Cuillins, MacLeod's Tables and the Five Sisters of Kintail mountain ranges all within easy reach; hill walkers and climbers are spoilt for choice.
Plockton and the surrounds
Just a few miles away is the pretty, popular village of Plockton, a bustling, friendly community set around a sheltered bay, providing excellent facilities for shopping and dining out on the seafront. Made famous as the venue for the television series Hamish Macbeth, it is well worth a visit. With its picturesque flower-filled gardens, little winding streets and pretty cottages lining the foreshore it's easy to see why it has also become a haunt for artists. Plockton is often described as the Jewel in the Highlands due to its charming seaside location, pretty cottages and surprising tropical atmosphere, caused by the mild climate, with palm trees thriving along the seafront. The sheltered waters of Plockton attract small yachts throughout the year and the village caters well for its visitors with a selection of quality cafes and pubs all looking out across the bay. There's also a small general store for convenience alongside the few gift and craft shops, whilst the active village community host events and art exhibitions throughout the year. Plockton is a popular tourist resort due, in no small part, to the TV series Hamish Macbeth, which was filmed there, but also because of its charm and the friendly ambience it offers, which sees tourists return year after year.
There's plenty to experience on your holiday at Parth Galen. Take one of Calum's Seal Trips, and venture out onto the calm waters of Loch Carron to experience a wildlife cruise with a difference or head to Gavin Maxwell's Camusfearna immortalised in the book Ring of Bright Water. The Skye Bridge is just a short drive away, offering easy access for discovering this magical Island and the romantic Eilean Donan Castle which is an instantly recognisable and highly instagrammable location is a must see and just an easy drive from your base at Plockton. Kyle of Lochalsh is 6.7 miles, Dornie just 11 miles drive and you can be on the coast in 5 miles from Plockton.
Your adventure begins here
Take a day trip to which has distilleries and history, scenery and culture to experience. Skye is one of the largest and best known Scottish islands and is particularly famous for its spectacular mountain scenery. It is also home to some dramatic history, diverse wildlife and rugged mountain beauty. The island of Skye makes for a great holiday destination with many visitor attractions, endless walking routes and fabulous restaurants. Due to its popularity with tourists, you will find many craft shops and cottage museums. As for sports, you can visit the swimming pool in Portree, play golf at Sconser and Skeabost or go pony trekking. Watersports available on the island include diving, canoeing, windsurfing and yachting. Skye is also the ideal place for fishing and birdwatching. Lochalsh is truly highland territory full of clans and castles, hills of heather and views of lochs to the sea beyond.
Visit the village of Plockton, a picture perfect location or Scotland's highest waterfall, The Five Sisters of Kintail. Where ever you go you are sure to be surrounded by some truly awesome scenery. In the summer months there are many colourful wild flowers to be seen and if you visit later in the season you can enjoy the heather in full bloom.There are numerous walks through native woods, across open moorland, around the coast and crofting townships. You may be lucky and spot the elusive otter or the rare pine marten and attractive flowers and plants to be found around the margins of the traditional crofting townships of Drumbuie, Duirinish and Plockton.The woodland walks at Lochalsh House offer more sheltered seclusion overlooking Loch Alsh amidst old policy trees under-planted with a mixture of Rhododendrons, Bamboos, Ferns, Hydrangeas and Fuchsias.
Your highland escape awaits you in this stunning highland holiday home on the West Coast of Scotland.
From £399 - £590
Details of Booking:
Normal booking period - Saturday to Saturday. Earliest arrival time 16:00 and latest departure time - 10:00.
25% deposit on booking and balances payable 8 weeks prior to arrival. Short stays on request.
"Friendly welcome and very relaxed atmosphere. Good location for visiting Skye with opportunities to visit other locations in the area and away from the tourism of the island."
"Beautiful accommodation with friendly hosts. Highly recommend and located just outside Plockton in a picturesque and quiet location with private parking."
"We decided to see some of our own country this year as we generally holiday abroad and have always wanted to see Skye. We were delighted we did. The house is slightly out of the way but this is part of the enjoyment of tha Highlands and Islands and once we got there we were greeted by our hosts Harry and Isabelle who proved to be friendly, informative and wonderful hosts. This little gem is definitely worth a visit and we will definitely be planning a return visit"