Roshven, Lochailort, Glenuig, Scotland
- We love the open plan double height ceiling in Cameron Lodge.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- Denby crockey, crystal and your own ice maker for those holiday martini moments!
- 2 living rooms one configured to take a 65" 4K TV with PS4 games console and 4 wireless controllers, lazy bean bags - the perfect gaming pad!
Good To Know
- Stargazers will appreciate the beautifully clear and unpolluted night skies. Lochaber is set between three Dark Sky Discovery sites, ("Milky Way Class"), to the North, East and West and additionally an "International Dark Sky Place" to the West.
- The house has wifi throughout and secure parking on site for up to 6 cars.
- Travel cot available on request.
- Visit the Glenuig Inn or the Lochailort Inn offering good pub meals, local ales and refreshments.
- For relaxed dining a little further than Roshven in the nearby villlage of Arisaig you can choose between Cafe Rhu and the Arisaig Hotel.
- Former SOE (Special Operations Executive) estate house Arisaig House or The Old Library at Arisiag are approx 30 minutes away by car and a superb option for a special celebratory meal.
- There's a fantastic selection of smoked fish, meat and cheeses all with locally sourced produce at The Ardshealach smokehouse - a short drive away in Glenuig.
- Play a round at Traigh Golf Course, the most Westerly course on the UK and commutable from your stay.
- Hire sea kayaks from Arisaig kayaks or take a wildlife cruise with Arisaig Marine and go whale watching and looking for dolphin and seals.
- Day trips to the Inner hebrides, Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Canna and Rum.
- Beach strolls, camp fires on the beach, walking in Roshven, climbing the munros on Knoydart and scaling the Glenfinnan Hills are some of the adventures just waiting to happen.
- During your stay you may wish to travel by train on "The Jacobite" which makes its way from Fort William to Mallaig and back, pulled by a steam train which affords even greater opportunity to appreciate the scenery with the romance of a bygone age that only a steam locomotive can create.
- There are numerous opportunities to take in the local area by boat, from cruises on Loch Shiel to sailings to the small isles and to Skye.
- There is an enormous variety of wildlife native to the area from Sea Eagles, Ospreys and Puffins to Red Deer, Red Squirrels, Pine Martins and aquatic wonder in the form of Orca, basking sharks, Minke whales and numerous species of dolphins. Roshven lies within the world renowned, Lochaber Geopark, which contains not only the UK's highest mountain, deepest loch, (and shortest river), but also some of the world's oldest geology with the added benefit of being easily accessible.
- There are many "Rock Routes" across Lochaber which provide a fascinating insight into the formation of this ancient, rugged and breathtaking landscape.
An ultra-smart Finnish lodge with breath-taking shoreline views and stunning design credentials combine luxury living with privacy, nature and unparalleled comfort. This stunning luxury lodge offers a contemporary and luxurious living space for up to 8 guests with jaw dropping views and total privacy from every angle.
Stunning shoreline setting
Situated on a shoreline setting in Roshven, on the West Coast of Scotland, Cameron Lodge is within the world renowned, Lochaber Geopark, which contains the UK's highest mountains, deepest lochs teaming with wildlife, flora and fauna. Lochaber is also known as the Outdoor Capital of the World where guests can enjoy, sea kayaking, hill walking, bird watching, mountain biking, skiing, geo-caching, stalking, golf, pony trekking and many other outdoor activities on their doorstep.
Upon entering Cameron Lodge the main living area comprises of a stunning open plan, double height space incorporating living, dining and cooking with a wall of floor to ceiling windows to maximise the views. A log burner occupies the centre of the house creates a homely and intimate atmosphere during the winter nights. The ground floor has under-floor heating throughout and the patio doors provide access to the terrace and outside table and seating. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the latest gadgets and gizmos a cook could ask for. The owners have spared no expense with Denby crockery and crystal wine and drinks glasses for guests use.
Utra stylish layout
Coffee lovers will delight in the provision of a Nespresso coffee maker. The utility room houses a washing machine, tumble dryer and additional fridge freezer with built in ice maker perfect for that martini moment. There are two high chairs for family use and also an iron and ironing board available. The property enjoys two living rooms. Leading on from the utility room through the boot room is a second living area with a vaulted ceiling. This space is the perfect gaming pad and built to accommodate a 65" 4K TV with PS4 games console, 4 x wireless controllers and a selection of games; seating is catered for with 4 large and very comfortable bean bags. Ideal for the teenagers in the group who want their own space to stretch out away from the adults.
Cameron Lodge sleeps up to 8 guests comfortably in 4 bedrooms. The first of four bedrooms is on the ground floor and has a super king size bed. The bedroom is dual aspect and has a contemporary en-suite with bath and large walk in shower. There is ample storage in the wardrobe. The stairs lead you to a galleried landing from which the remaining three bedrooms are accessed. Two of the bedrooms have super king size beds and en-suites, one with bath, with the fourth bedroom having a king size bed. All bed linen provided is luxurious Egyptian cotton and a selection of goose down duvets is available in 4.5, 9.0 and 13.0 tog respectively. All bedrooms have ample storage, hair dryers, full HD flat screen TVs with Freesat, on demand and Netflix.
All bathrooms are contemporary spaces designed to help you relax. The ground floor shared WC / shower room is fitted with a double shower which has a seat to truly soak away the stresses of modern day living.
Stargazing and wildlife abound
Stargazers will appreciate the beautifully clear and unpolluted night skies. Lochaber is set between three Dark Sky Discovery sites, ("Milky Way Class"), to the North, East and West and additionally an "International Dark Sky Place" to the West. There is an enormous variety of wildlife native to the area from Sea Eagles, Ospreys and Puffins to Red Deer, Red Squirrels, Pine Martins and aquatic wonder in the form of Orca, basking sharks, Minke whales and numerous species of dolphins. There are many tours and "Seafaris" locally that provide the opportunity to observe these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
To reach Roshven by car head to Fort William on the maginificent Road to the Isles A830 where you will pass the famous Glenfinnan monument and the Glenfinan Viaduct immortalised in that flying car chase by little wizards Harry Potter and friends. (Roshven is a 3 hour drive from Glasgow, 3.5 from Edinburgh and 2 from Inverness). Take the left turn sign posted for Lochailort after the Lochailort Inn on the A861, and travel 5 miles to Roshven. A relaxing way to travel is with the Scotrail sleeper which leaves Euston in London at 9pm in the evening and takes you through along one of Europe's finest railway lines, voted in the Top 5 in the world, by travel magazine Wanderlust.
Cameron Lodge offers an unrivalled holiday location perfect for family gatherings, small celebrations and time with special friends. The backdrop is spectacular and the sunsets are breathtaking - where you can relax, rewind and reconnect in total luxury.
9th Feb 2018 - 6th April 2019 £1500
6th April 2019 - 27th April 2019 £2050
27th April 2019 -25th May 2019 £1900
25th May 2019 - 22nd June 2019 £2150
22nd June 2019 - 07 Sept 2019 £2400
7 Sept 2019 - 21 Sept 2019 £2000
21 Sept 2019 - 26 Oct 2019 £1900
26 Oct 2019 - 09 Nov 2019 £1500
09 Nov 2019 - 21 Dec 2019 £1250
21 Dec 2019 - 28 Dec 2019 £2700
28 Dec 2019 - 04 Jan 2020 £2700