Beach Cottage, Gardenstown
Gardenstown, Aberdeenshire, North East coast, Scotland
- Beach Cottage enjoys a superb elevated position commanding spectacular views of the bay, beach and sea.
- This traditional whitewashed fishing cottage is 100m from the sandy beach out front.
- A private enclosed front area with beach view seating arrangement and guests BBQ.
- The top floor lounge and the master bedroom are both double aspect with large picture windows overlooking the bay.
Good To Know
- Gardenstown, on the North East coast is approximately one hours drive from Aberdeen airport and one and 1/4 hours from Aberdeeen railway station.
- Wifi throughout.
- Vehicles are parked in a car park very close tothe property.
- Up to 2 well behaved pets welcome and pet bowls and towels available for their use.
- 2 lounges complete with televisions with in built DVD players ideal for families with young children.
- Dine out at the Gamrie Arms, the local pub with evening meals, serving spirits, beer and wine.
- Fresh local seafood can be purchased from the fishing markets in Macduff or Peterhead.
- Supplies can also be purchased from the local Spar in the village.
- The Pennan Inn in the nearby village of Pennan offers evening meals, booking essential.
- The Seafront Cafe overlooks Macduff harbour and is a great lunch spot.
- Try Annie's cakery in macduff for holiday sweet treats.
- The Heritage Centre at the harbour with daily summer opening excluding Sundays have a great collection of local items and images showcasing the the history of Gardenstown.
- RSPB Troup Head Gamrie, The high cliffs of Troup Head provide a spectacular setting for Scotland's only mainland gannet colony. Thousands of kittiwakes, guillemots and razorbills, along with several other species, including puffins.
- The North East coast is an excellent base for exploring the Malt Whisky Trail. Each of the 8 distilleries on the Trail is within easy driving distance.
- The Museum of Scottish Lighthouses, situated in Fraserburgh, is the first lighthouse built on mainland Scotland and a purpose-built museum.
- Take a trip tot he nearby iconic village of Pennan immortalised in Bill Forsyth's award winning film ‘Local Hero' in 1983 where the celebrated red telephone box, a main feature of the film, still stands.
- Visit the Macduff Aquarium which is great for families or the Smiddy Banff where you can make your own jewellery.
Beach Cottage is situated in the historic fishing village of Gardenstown. The village is the largest of three fishing villages on the North East coastline and sits alongside Pennan and Crovie only 8 miles from the town of Banff and Macduff.
This is serious whisky and castle trail country and there are numerous distilleries and castles to visit. Visit the Lighthouse Museum at Fraserburgh or view the live link to the Gannet colony at RSPB Troup Head. Take a trip to Royal Deeside or visit the stunning art collections at Duff House in Banff. Take a boat cruise to look at seal colonies or the Moray Dolphins in action, golf courses abound and there are numerous beaches and coves to visit and walk with the family.
The village is very welcoming with good facilities including a pub by the harbour sheltered harbour which is great to fish from, sandy beach and an 11th century chapel with a footpath along the cliffs to Crovie. A great local walk when the tide is out, (2 miles approx) takes you along the bottom of the cliffs from Gardenstown to Crovie. Beach Cottage is pet friendly and there are some great walks for four legged guests along with pet bowls and dog towels available for their use.
Spacious inside, Beach Cottage, spanning three floors can sleep seven guests over two double bedrooms, one room with bunk beds and a single bed. The master bedroom is en-suite and all rooms enjoy stunning views. Perfect for families with children the property has two separate lounges one with its own stove and each lounge has their own TV's, including a smart TV and integrated DVD players. The kitchen is beautifully presented with a breakfast bar, internet radio and all the utensils you require for your stay.The property is heated by a back boiler and the owners provide guests with all wood, firelighters and matches for their stay. There are also free standing heaters available for guests use if desired.
Seals are often seen on the beach and dolphins and whales have been sighted in the bay. Most of the beach is sand but there are some rocks which provide endless entertainment for rock pooling. There is a private enclosed front area with seating taking in the sea views whilst enjoying a BBQ. There are 2 steps to access the front garden area from the single coastal road which leads to a shared car park. Luggage can be dropped off at the cottage and then cars safely parked up during your stay.
Rentals run from Saturday to Saturday. The peak rental periods are Easter, from 6th July 2019 until September, October school holidays, Christmas and New Year weeks.
Short breaks are available on request outwith peak periods. 3 nights minimum stay from £95 per night Monday to Thursdays and from £105 per night if it includes a Friday or Saturday night stay. Check in from 3 pm and check out is 10 am.
School Holidays / New Year £700 per week
Christmas week £650 per week
Easter Week and October school holidays £600 per week
"We had a lovely time staying in Nicola's Cottage. The Cottage is beautifully decorated, very spacious and spotlessly clean. Each room has amazing sea views and it's a challenge deciding on where to sit in the evening. I'd say the second sitting room on the top floor is the best before heading downstairs to sit in front of the log burner. The beach is on the doorstep and the friendly local Hotel is only a short stroll away. This whole area is a real hidden gem and we'd love to return to the Cottage and Gardenstown in the future. Nicola and Roger were charming hosts."
"Beach front cottage describes this house perfectly. All windows with sea view, and sea literally just out the door. Very quiet, beautiful beach, lovely to listen to sea lapping. House was extremely clean with all you could want for a home from home weekend away."
"This house is situated right on the front at Seatown. It has an amazing second-floor lounge with two windows giving great views out to sea. We were lucky enough to watch pods of dolphins two days in a row in the bay. The house is nicely furnished and has everything you would need for a comfortable stay. It's been done to a high standard and really does feel like a home from home. Would definitely recommend this house."
"We loved our stay in Gardenstown. The cottage was wonderful with amazing views. Great size to accommodate our party of 6 adults. It was very comfortable, clean and stylish. We loved the extra lounge on the top floor which is light and airy gives the opportunity to make the most of the stunning views. The beach is wonderful and our dogs loved their morning and evening walk here. The locals are very friendly. This is a great location for exploring the North East coastline."
"We loved the modern spacious house and it's stunning location. Well-equipped with lovely personal touches. Can't wait to return."