- Cosy farm cottage located on a family-run organic farm.
- Guests are welcome to get involved with the animals and enjoy the fresh organic produce sold on site.
- Guests can enjoy Private Yoga classes tailored to their requirements in the studio beside the cottage.
- Enjoy your own private west facing patio.
- Stunning 220-degree views of the surrounding countryside and out to sea.
Good To Know
- Property is ideally suited to couples but babies are very welcome too.
- Accessible for visitors with disabilities as all on one level.
- Free, off road parking on site.
- Non -smoking.
- Not suitable for dogs.
- Wi-fi throughout.
- BBQ available for guests use.
- West Bastlebog Farm offers fresh eggs daily, organic reared lamb, mutton, pork, bacon, gammon and sausages available to buy from your hosts.
- Jim Clark Café Bistro in Duns - open every day until 5pm and Friday and Saturday until 9pm (serving evening meals). Booking ahead recommended.
- Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant Main Street, Swinton an award winning restaurant, open every day, serving food 12-2pm and 6-9pm. Booking ahead recommended .
- Chirnside Hall Hotel Restaurant, Chirnside offers £40 per head for four courses with excellent local reviews.
- Waterloo Arms Hotel,Chirnside offering general pub food with good reviews.
- Reivers Fish and Chips, Chinese Restaurant and Take away also located in Duns.
The Allanton Inn - Beautiful Award-winning restaurant. Booking ahead essential.
Address: Main Street, Allanton, Duns TD11 3JZ Phone: 01890 818260
- Perfect location to explore the local area with scenic walks possible at the Lammermuir Hills and hiking trails on the Cheviots.
- Nearby Manderston House in Duns is wonderful to visit and Roxburgh Castle at Kelso is around 30 minutes' drive away.
- Fishing opportunities on the River Tweed and local reservoirs.
- There is a popular nearby golf club and many cycle routes in the area
- Historic Berwick upon Tweed and its wonderful beaches is under 30 minutes' drive away.
A peaceful, one-bedroom organic farm-stay retreat in the Scottish Borders for couples; yoga classes, walks galore, farm animals, wildlife spotting, hiking, museums, or long romantic beach strolls, in the pretty conservation village of Gavinton.
Your romantic Borders hideaway
This cosy farm cottage has recently been renovated to a very high standard with underfloor heating throughout and is set in a tranquil rural environment. An unforgettable farm-stay in this farmhouse annexe offers an idyllic space where couples can relax and unwind away from their usual busy lives, for a restorative break. Recently refurbished with thoughtful touches throughout, the property offers a well-equipped, contemporary kitchen with combi oven/grill/microwave and dishwasher. The brightly lit kitchen and dining room is east facing; from its window guests can enjoy beautiful sunrises and soak up the morning sun over their breakfast for the gentlest start to the day. In warmer weather guests can enjoy the private, west facing patio for al fresco dining and the beauty of the pollution free, star filled skies at night. In the cooler months the property is perfectly snug; the living room has a cosy wood burning stove, smart TV and comfy seats that are ideal for relaxing nights in.
After a day's exploring and all that clean fresh air, turning in for the night will be a restorative experience with no traffic or noise to disturb you. The bedroom at West Bastlebog is a tailor-made setting for an excellent night's sleep with black out curtains and luxury comforts including Egyptian Cotton bedding and Hungarian goose down pillows. The owners have a passion for soul soothing décor and have decorated the bathroom in a deep Hicks blue, stylishly completed with a shower over the long bath and heated towel rail.
Fresh organic produce and personal Yoga instruction
West Bastlebog sits on a 50 acre, family-run organic farm with over 100 apple trees and where hens raise their own chicks, the animals enjoy instinctive foraging for their own foods and no chemicals are used resulting in tasty, natural produce which is available for guests to buy direct from their hosts. Guests can readily enjoy taking walks around the farm which is home to sheep, geese, hens and pigs or simply enjoy spotting the local wildlife.
Ashtanga-based flow Yoga nay be arranged privately subject to availability for guests should they wish. All classes finish with a lovely guided relaxation with all mats, bolster and props provided.
Tucked way in a pretty village location
West Bastlebog Farm is located in the quaint conservation village of Gavinton just a few miles outside of Duns. The area offers lots to do, see and visit - there's something for everyone. The walking routes on the Lammermuirs and hiking trails on the Cheviots are both within easy reach. This part of Scotland boasts many stately homes and castles including Manderston House in Duns and Roxburgh Castle at Kelso. The area is particularly popular with cyclists; the Tour of Britain, British Cycling's premier road cycling event passed through Gavinton and Duns in 2019. There are several excellent cycling routes in the area.
Keen anglers are also well catered for with local reservoirs and the River Tweed. Duns Golf Club is a widely acclaimed course and is just a few minutes' drive from West Bastlebog. At the mouth of the River Tweed, Berwick upon Tweed, England's most northerly town, is around 25 minutes away by car from West Bastlebog. Berwick is well known for its sandy beaches and riverside walks, it also has many art galleries and is steeped in history with several museums to explore and learn about the town's past.
Prices range from £90 per night for a minimum of two nights and from £595 per week.
"Andrew and Alexas' place is a gem. A peaceful and comfortable home from home. A great location to explore the Borders from and I loved my couple of hours in my wellies on the smallholding! Thank you for the warm welcome and thoughtful touches. Highly recommended'
"We recently had a lovely, relaxing stay at West Bastlebog. The house was warm and cosy. It was great to explore the farm with the animals and we also enjoyed some organic free- range eggs and cake! Would highly recommend and we hope to come back again soon!"
"Friendly welcome, spotless throughout the whole annexe, wonderful lemon drizzle cake waiting in the kitchen, relaxed evenings in front of the log burner, nice & cosy. Certainly go back & recommend"
"Genius level 2 member, so have stayed at various locations over the years. This has to be one of best stays i have had. Everything was perfect, location, host, accommodation. Could not have asked for anything more, will definitely be returning."
"The lovely friendly homely feeling and all the added extras including the fresh ground coffee home-made cake fresh eggs etc were out of this world we will def be back would recommend to everyone x thank you Alexa."
"You want for nothing in this perfect, self-contained accommodation with the nicest hosts you could meet. Truly a perfect stay."
"Beautiful, quiet location. Wonderful, friendly hosts in Alexa & Andrew. The annexe was perfect and the small wood-burning stove clinched the deal. I had been left 6 eggs, teabags and ground coffee as well as a beautiful Lemon Drizzle cake which - to my eternal shame - I dared not try. Thank you very much!"