- Food lovers will relish having fun creating great meals with everything they need at their fingertips.
- Fire your own pizzas on the wood-fired pizza oven or grill burgers on the charcoal barbecue.
- Rustle up a latte on the Heston Blumenthal coffee machine before setting off on your adventures.
- Enjoy the woodland setting with red squirrels and woodpeckers in the wildlife garden.
- Four individually designed bedrooms with fabulously comfortable beds.
- Teenagers chill out zone upstairs with bean bags and plenty of plugs and sockets for devices.
- Snuggle into comfy sofas in front of the wood burning stove.
- Amazing location on the Old Logging Way walking and biking trails.
Good To Know
- Secure parking on site.
- High speed Wi-Fi throughout.
- 47inch Smart TV with a selection of over 700 films.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome. There is also an enclosed garden and outside tap for hosing down muddy paws.
- Help yourself to herbs from The Green Lodge herb garden.
- Superb local food suppliers and traditional butcher.
- If you can tear yourself away from The Green Lodge, there are plenty of great dining out options to choose from:
- Walk to the wonderful Rothiemurchus Farm Shop and the Druie Cafe.
- For good pub meals and folk music evenings head to The Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore.
- Visit the La Taverna restaurant, just 15 minutes on foot from The Green Lodge.
- Aviemore village (20 mins walk) has lots of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
- Tennis courts and swimming as well as clay pigeon shooting, horse-riding, kayaking, water sports, gorge walking, rafting, skiing and sledging can all be enjoyed from your base at The Green Lodge.
- Play the championship 18 hole Spey Valley golf course with its breathtaking views to the Lairig Ghru
- Wild swim in the refreshing waters of Loch Morlich and Loch an Eilein
- Stand Up Paddleboard from Loch Insh to the local pub.
- Visit the Aviemore Reindeer Centre, Highland Wildlife Zoo, Highland Folk Museum or Arts and Crafts centre.
- Take the Strathspey Steam Train in Aviemore for a nostalgic journey.
- Youngsters will love the variety of activities on offer such as the Treezone zipwires, mountain biking tracks and bike hire locally.
It's heaven for food lovers, with a superbly well-equipped cook's kitchen and wood fired oven - in the most sought-after woodland location in Aviemore.
An unbeatable luxury woodland retreat
Just five minutes' drive from the centre of Aviemore, and surrounded by peaceful woods that are home to numerous families of red squirrels. Let the kids loose to explore the woods on the network of footpaths surrounding the lodge while you unpack - there are so many facilities within an easy walk that you'll hardly need the car again.
Your highland home has been furnished specially for family gatherings: lovely shared spaces with lots of comfy seating and beautifully furnished throughout with special attention to the finer details. The Green Lodge will particularly appeal to all generations holidaying together, especially guests who enjoy active days and lots of home comforts.
Superbly equipped kitchen - a cook's paradise
Nearby there are plenty of great places to eat out (check out the amazing digital guidebook for recommendations), but you might struggle to drag yourself away from The Green Lodge when you can rustle up tasty meals in the exceptionally well-equipped cook's kitchen. The sturdy kitchen table comfortably seats eight, giving families and groups of friends the space to enjoy leisurely meals and make special memories together. There's also a slow cooker, so you can throw stuff in it in the morning and come back from your bike ride to a meltingly good casserole, and a herb garden planted up for you to use. Start the day with a latte made by the state-of-the-art Heston Blumenthal coffee machine, and get creative with the barbecue and the traditional Italian wood burning pizza oven - you'll find a video tutorial in the digital guidebook, and all the tools you need.
You are perfectly placed to get out into the great outdoors, being surrounded by hikes and rides of varying lengths and for all abilities - from a gentle cycle on woodland tracks to the ruined castle (and ice cream shop!) on Loch an Eilein, to challenging hillwalking and munro bagging. Plan your day's route off the OS map that covers an entire wall, and borrow any of the maps and guidebooks for your outings.
Back home after the day's activities - zip wires? mountain biking? tennis? feeding the reindeer? - older children will appreciate the chill space on the top landing, with bean bags, lots of chargers, and Wi-Fi. After dinner, curl up on the sofas and watch the flames in the wood burning stove (help yourself to all the logs you like from the log store), or a film on the 47inch smart TV, or choose one of the many board games to play.
For the smallest members of your party there is a cot, highchair and stair gates at the foot and the top of the stairs. You'll find books, toys and games to play in the living room, and the back garden has been enclosed to contain the most adventurous tot, while a short toddle through the woods will bring you to the indoor and outdoor play parks at the Coylumbridge Hotel.
Wake up refreshed after a blissful night's sleep
There are four beautiful and individually-designed bedrooms: three upstairs and one downstairs. Guests wax lyrical about the supremely comfortable beds, and the sumptuous bedding.
Upstairs there is a master ensuite shower room, and a family bathroom with a tub. The lovely downstairs twin bedroom is perfect for those who prefer not to climb stairs, and the downstairs shower room and WC has been fitted with grab rails. The ground floor of the house is fully wheelchair accessible.
One or two well-behaved dogs are welcome: four legged guests are beautifully provided for with a secure enclosed garden, outside hose point for washing down muddy paws, and dog bowls and baskets on hand. Thank you for understanding that dogs are not allowed on the furniture or into any of the bedrooms.
There are wonderful walks all over the national park, but one loop in particular is perfect for that early morning or late afternoon dog walk. Step out of the door and plunge into the woods, going through the most glorious and varied scenery with breathtaking views of the Cairngorms.
Unforgettable family get togethers in an amazing woodland location.
Rates and Booking Information
The Green Lodge Aviemore is available for three night stays for most of the year. Weekly rates start at £1303. Please check availability by clicking on the red link on the tiop of the listing.
"Such a stunning house - there's nothing more satisfying than stumbling across a new holiday home, especially when the interior instantly makes you feel cosy, warm and welcome. Such a stunning house! Thank you Helen for everything!"
"Beyond amazing - just returned from what I could only describe, as one of the best Christmas weeks that I've had. Having spent weeks on the internet looking at all the different accommodations in Aviemore, we landed on our feet picking Green Lodge. It is beyond amazing!! The lodge is equipped to a very high standard with everything that you would need to get you through the week and even a forgot me box with all the little bits you may have forgotten to bring inc toothbrush, battery's, plasters etc. The beds and bedding is of a very high quality and have to say, soooo comfortable. There is also the most amazing coffee machine which we found to make the most amazing coffee and was used a great deal. The lodge itself is in a perfect location. It's a short 10-15min walk into the heart of the village, but more importantly in the heart of some of the most amazing walks and scenery that the Cairngorm area has to offer. The ski resort is also only a 10 minute drive up the road, so perfect for all outdoor activities. I'd just like to end by saying a big thankyou to all the staff at the Green Lodge for making our Christmas week so special. What you do at Green Lodge is 5 star plus."
"Great lodge, great hospitality and perfect location - would recommend this to anyone (as long as they don't book the weeks when we want to go back there!)"
"Staying at the Green Lodge was a treat - We had an excellent few days, weather was so kind we had great cycles and walks enjoying the autumn colours. My parents were very sad to leave early! We had a relaxing damson gin in the sitooterie after a cycle and lots of family games by the fire. Your kitchen is fab, perfect for a family catch-up over an evening meal and we loved your coffee maker! Staying at green lodge really was a treat, thank you. We wish you well with your lovely rental and hope to be back!"
"Perfect location - this is a great 5* self-catering property. Perfect location to explore the Cairngorms National Park & Speyside. Walking & cycling from your door ... and water sports on nearby Loch Morlich & Loch Insh. Aviemore is a good stroll away. It is wonderfully comfortable - has been designed and furnished with real love and attention to detail ... not just with guests in mind but also connecting with the property's location. Dog-friendly with a fab outdoor area including a pizza oven, the kitchen/diner is a great size (lovely coffee machine!) and the bedrooms are super-comfy. We loved the giant wallpaper map in the hallway - spying the day's adventures. Enjoy it."