- Four generous bedrooms which can be made into superking doubles or twins.
- Perfect for large families or groups of friends Auchentoshan sleeps a maximum of 8 but more cottages can be bookedif you need more space.
- Cottage spans two floors, there are two luxurious bath/shower rooms.
- Well equipped with a 50" smart TV, a DVD player and iPod sound system.
Good To Know
- Relax in your own patio, garden and BBQ area
- Outdoor furniture furniture for alfresco dining
- Sunlit rooms have gorgeous views all round.
- A cosy woodstove sits below a lovely oak mantle great for family gatherings.
- Large flatscreen TV great for films in the evening.
- Monsoon shower a real treat after a walk in the hills or day out in the city. Auchentoshan has a luxury groundfloor bathroom and upstairs luxury shower room.
- Welcome hamper with milk, butter, bread, eggs, cereals, jam, marmalade, shortbread, cakes, tea and coffee.
- Complimentary mini bottle of Malt Whisky on arrval
- Local dining out options include 4 friendly restaurants in the village as well as the array of Glasgow eateries and restaurants for an evening out.
- Cameron House. the Lodge on the Loch and La Barca La Barca in Helensburgh are just some that will all tempt your tastebuds if choosing to dine out.
- Hillwalking on your doorstep on the Kilpatrick Hills or go bird and wildlife spotting.
- Rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing, horse riding paintballing and falconry or sailing all closeby.
- Golf courses 10 miles from your base at Auchentoshan.
- Discover the Antonine Wall world heritage site, the Crane Visitor Centre in Clydebank or Dumbarton Castle.
- Take a tour of Auchentoshan distillery 1 mile away.
- Climb up Ben Lomond, take a boat trip or discover the Campsie Fells.
- Visit Glengoyne, one of the distilleries featured in Ken Loach's wonderful film The Angels' Share.
Luxury self catering
The Auchentoshan is one of five individually styled luxury self-catering cottages at Gavinburn sleeping 6 guests in twins or super king doubles to suit your party, half way between Glasgow and Loch Lomond. On the scenic Kilpatrick hills overlooking the River Clyde and Erskine Bridge.
Originally built in the 1800s to house estate visitors, the cottage now provides a unique location from which to explore the vibrant city of Glasgow, the stunning beauty of Loch Lomond, the Trossachs National Park and the capital city of Edinburgh, less than an hour’s drive away.
The perfect relax
The perfect relaxing break with everything from wood burning stoves to fluffy pillows, a surround sound of nature, stepping out onto a doorstep to natural paradise. You dont get much closer to the hills than a stay at Auchentoshan, it's also rich in wildlife flora and fauna and an excellent mountain biking base.
The Kilpatrick Hills provide excellent hill walking opportunities, from leisurely woodland walks to brisk hill climbs, and you can also go rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing, horse riding and sailing. There are some top quality golf courses within 10 minutes of the cottage, and there are ample opportunities for bird and wildlife spotting or for the more adventurous there's paintballing or falconry.
The beautifully maintained cottages sit high up facing south, so are bright and sunny and look over green fields and woodland down to the river and way beyond; the hills and moorland behind are a haven for interesting flora and fauna. You won't get better views.
Rich in history you can visit the Antonine Wall world heritage site or the Titan Crane Visitor Centre in Clydebank. Take in Dumbarton Castle, the nearby whisky distilleries and the rugged islands off the west coast.
Things to note:
Auchentoshan is available for weekly stays and a quieter times, 3 night weekend breaks or 4 night midweek breaks. Short breaks at peak times charged at full week rates. Flexi arrivals but this cottage generally changes over on a Friday with a 2pm entry until 10am on your date of departure.
The Auchentoshan is one of 5 luxury cottages available to book here. Glenmorangie (sleeps 2/1 bedroom) Glenlivet (sleeps 4/2 bedrooms), Glengoyne (sleeps 4/2 bedrooms), and The Macallan(sleeps 4/2 bedrooms). When booked together it's perfect for corporate retreats!
Guests Comments :
"Perfect in every way - These cottages were a fantastic find
for us! Working frequently in the area for up to a month at a time, we were
desperate to find accommodation that allowed us some home comforts and the
ability to cater for ourselves. We found that....and so much more!
We've already stayed twice in the Glenmorangie (one-bedroom end of row cottage) and immediately made sure to book for all of our events for the next year.
Fantastic location with breath-taking views over the River Clyde/Erskine Bridge - sunrise and sunset -wow! Well-equipped. Spotlessly clean. Large walk-in shower. Comfortable. Parking available. Conveniently situated for Loch Lomond in one direction...Glasgow the other.
And to add even more positives - a lovely 'welcome basket' awaits you on arrival stocked with milk, butter, bread, eggs, jam/marmalade, cereals, shortbread, teacakes and a small bottle of the local whisky. All communication with Alex was clear, helpful and friendly - another bonus! We highly recommend these cottages."
"Like coming home - We have just completed our week break at Gavinburn cottages. This was our second visit this time staying in Glenmorangie cottage. Beautiful house with every home comfort and outstanding views. Loved seeing the cows and sheep on opening the curtains each morning.Gavinburn is ideally situated for sightseeing in this area by public transport or further afield by car. Very well placed for golfers as many courses nearby and I am sûre Alex could give you more information on these than myself .Great for visiting family as we did.We hope to come back with the grandchildren . Children would love to see the animals and play in the garden and explore the hills behind the cottage. Only the famous scottish weather let us down. Thank you so much to Alex and Leigh-Anne without whom this paradise would not exist. They are wonderful hosts."
"Best accommodation ever with panoramic views and hielan coos - This had to be one of the best returns to Scotland we have had, staying three weeks in the Glenmorangie Cottage. The owners Alex and Leigh - Ann,had thought of everything to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable with a food and drinks package on arrival and checks to see that we had arrived and settled in OK. We discovered that the location of the cottages is excellent with the airport close by, Glasgow City only a short drive away and Loch Lomond and the Trossacs on our doorstep.
We found the views from the Cottages south east over the
Erskine Bridge and south west across the River Clyde to Greenock to be
spectacular and it's even better to watch the sun go down or see the bridge in
all its glory when the lights come on. It's just like living in a farm with
hielin coos feeding in the fields around the cottages, sheep and they're newly
born lambs playing in the burn that runs through the fields, the most beautiful
horses in the paddocks as you drive too and from the cottages and not to forget
the wildlife with eagles flying above, foxes running past and the occasional
hare bouncing through the long grass.
Also, if you fancy a wee walk in the Old Kilpatrick Hills then, you're almost there. We also discovered that just North of the Cottages is Loch Humphrey, a popular walk with the locals and if you have time I recommend that you don't miss the opportunity to walk to the top and see the views from there. Also, it's a great spot for a picnic.Finally, I would recommend Gavinburn Cottages to anyone looking for accommodation with very high standards in the best ever location you could ask for.
"Where to start - These cottages are in such a wonderful location...for both City visits and touring the Loch Lomond and Trossachs national park as well as jaunts to coastal villages and towns. Our cottage was just as described and extremely comfortable perfect when travelling with a dog with walks just on the doorstep. I cannot thank Alex enough for looking after us so well."
"Best stay ever - Having already stayed in and reviewed the Glenmorangie cottage some 10 months earlier, we're delighted to say that our experience the second time around matched that of the first! Suffice it to say that the cottage was as comfortable (and the stay as memorable) as our earlier visit and, as our hosts, Alex and Leigh-Ann were extremely attentive to say the least - the net result being another fantastic stay! Many thanks and all the best!!"