- We love that it's two minutes walk to the first tee of Old Course, St Andrews.
- A romantic roll top bath for luxurious soaks after a game of golf.
- Large sunlit rooms and sun-trap breakfasting area with outdoor furniture.
- The golf memorabilia in this elegant 19th Century property pays tribute to this historic towns links with the game of golf.
Good To Know
- Wifi throughout and BT TV digital channnels available for guests.
- Unique golf package can be booked from £140 pp - three rounds of golf of St Andrews Links including the world famous Old Course.
- Three night winter special offer £160 per night for up to 4 guests on application.
- The excellent restaurant in St.Andrews - Forgan's - is a must hosting weekend ceilidhs or specially curated wine and dinner pairing events.
- The Seafood Restaurant provides fine dining in an extraordinary location; a five minute walk.
- Playfair's at the Ardgowan Hotel is just across the road from your apartment.
- For scrumptious takeaway fish and chips, The Tail End Restaurant and Fish Bar is highly recommended, and only a couple of minutes away.
- A little further afield; The Peat Inn and The Grange Inn.
- Scotland's Secret Bunker and a best-kept secret for over 40 years. Hidden beneath an innocent Scottish farmhouse, a tunnel leads to 24,000 square feet of secret accommodation.
- Sample some whisky and gin at The Eden Mill distillery and brewinh centre.
- Take the youngsters to experience the St Andrews Aquarium, Scottish Deer Centre has 14 species of deer from around the world, Fife's only wolf pack, brown bear, otters and other rare Scottish species including the wildcat. The Raptor World Bird of Prey centre holds frequent flying demonstrations. Adventure playgrounds (indoor and outdoor), treetop walk, cafe, shops and more!
- Play on the world famous Old Course and visit The British Golf Museum.
- On a headland nearby are the ruins of St. Andrews Castle, with its medieval bottle dungeon. The architecture is outstanding at the University of St. Andrews and you can walk the grounds, founded in 1413. Martyrs' Monument was erected in 1842 in memory of the protestant reformers who had been executed in St Andrews some 300 years earlier, before and during the Scottish Reformation.
Prepare to be wowed at this golfers paradise; a five star elegant townhouse apartment, short walk to the first tee of Old Course with roll top bath and relaxing sunlit rooms, centrally located in the historical coastal town of St Andrews.
Your elegant St Andrews apartment
This historic traditional Fife townhouse circa 1890 has been beautifully restored and offers an elegant five star graded stay in St Andrews, the home of golf. On the first floor, just one flight up from street level, you step into the lounge area and walk through to a light and airy morning room. There's a well equipped kitchen perfect for preparing meals while on holiday. The bathroom is equipped with a romantic Victorian style "slipper bath". Leading out from the morning room is a deck area that overlooks a secluded garden with outdoor furniture, perfect for alfresco drinks or morning coffee. A spiral ornamental staircase leads to the second floor where there are three double bedrooms, each with a king sized bed (an additional single bed is in the front room). Two of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities. The lounge, which has large windows overlooking the street, is spacious with its high ceilings and original Victorian cornices. For the golf lover, the room is elegantly decorated with unique artwork and golfing memorabilia. There is a TV with BT Digital channels, DVD player with a large selection of movies for guests use, music system and good WIFI throughout. The morning room, which is connected to the kitchen, is a warm family room with dining facilities and casual seating. The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, spin dryer, oven, hob and microwave oven.
Location, location, location
St. Andrews Golf Apartment is located close to the beach; within two minutes walk of the world famous Old Course, and just around the corner from the hustle and bustle of the centre of this lovely coastal town. Turn left outside the front door and you are immediately enveloped in golfing culture. Turn right and you are into an historical wonderland of the castle, the harbour and the folklore of the cathedral. The town's centre is full of character, with its many varied shops, bars and restaurants. As well as being the "home of golf", St. Andrews boasts one of the leading universities in the United Kingdom that is 600 years old. St. Andrews is also an ancient ecclesiastical centre that has had a long and turbulent international history which makes for fascinating walking tours and browsing. St. Andrews is a dream location for walking, whether along the West Sands, made famous by the film "Chariots of Fire", or cliff walking with stunning panoramic views along the Fife Coastal Path. The Coastal Path is easily tackled in sections with a bus service that links the picturesque fishing villages of this most attractive coastline. Located on north street, opposite the Ardgowan Hotel, Albany Apartments is approximately one hour from Edinburgh Airport by car, or ten minutes from the nearest mainline train station, Leuchars.
Golf lovers need look no further, and the best place to start is St Andrew Links Trust from which you can obtain details about all the St Andrews golf courses as well as facilities to make bookings, including the Old Course and Castle Course. No golfing visit to St Andrews would be complete without a game at Kingsbarns Golf Links, located just 15 minutes from St Andrews. Acclaimed as one of the best recent golf course developments, it provides challenging golf along a stunning coastline and there are fantastic "hidden gems" of Scottish golf, rich in golf history at Elie Golf House Club just 20 minutes from St. Andrews, and the Balcomie Links at Crail Golfing Society, the 7th oldest Golf Club in the world also about 20 minutes drive. Or play at one of the courses used until recently as a venue for Final Qualifying for The Open Championship when it is in St. Andrews, Lundin Golf Club or Scotscraig Golf Club, the world's 13th oldest Golf Club. Guests can choose to book an exclusive package direct through the St Andrews Links Trust where rounds of golf including the world famous Old Course can be arranged from £140 on request.
Bookings are accepted for a minimum period of 4 nights, starting on any day of the week. The property is let at a rate calculated on a nightly basis, which varies with the time of year. Lettings for over periods of 14 nights benefit from a discount. Details can be obtained by contacting the property owner direct.
Winter special offer £160 per night sleeping 4 guests.
Guests Comments :
Ideal location - as the title suggests the apartment is in the perfect location for any stay in St Andrews. 400 meters from the first tee and 18th green of Old Course. Ideal for a family or a group of golfers. Response and communication with the owner is first class. I'd have no hesitation recommending this apartment to anyone considering a booking. Its ideal!
"Fantastic apartment, rich in golf history - accomodations are superb, with a very comfortable living room, kitchen and deck in addition to the three bedrooms and baths. Nine iron to the old course. Landlord is very easy to work with, rates are great - much, much better than hotel rooms for a small group or family."
"Perfect golf holiday - beautiful property, very comfortable, all the amenities we needed. Decorated tastefully with an abundance of golf memorabilia to take in and enjoy. Great location and just minutes walk to shops, restaurants, pubs and the first tee of the old course. St. Andrews is a lovely town with a lot to see and do. My wife, family and I are looking forward to our return."
"Quality golfers accommodation in the heart of St Andrews - very good accomodation on two levels. Sleeps six comfortably with three bathrooms. The apartment has everything one needs and has the additional facility of a small balcony and garden at the rear. The lack of parking spaces may be an issue for some but we always managed to find somewhere requiring only a short walk. Would highly recommend."
"Absolutely stunning!! - My three boys and I went on vacation to Scotland in May 2016 and couldn't have asked for a better trip! A big reason we had such a wonderful time was because of our accommodations here at Alastair's flat. The flat has a perfect location considering it is approximately a one minute walk to the old course and 30 second walk to the Dunvegan. Not only is it located perfectly, but it is also beautiful on the inside. It is decorated with beautiful art memorabilia and has all the furnishings you need such as TV, Wi-fi, clothes washer, etc. We would recommend this to anyone that is considering staying the night in St.Andrews. It let our family feel like we lived in St.Andrews and allowed us to embrace the culture and the wonderful things the city had to offer. Hopefully we will be back soon and we will definitely be staying at Alastair's flat again!"
"Superb apartment, rich in golf history - This apartment greatly exceeded our expectations, and blows the doors off a hotel room. Incredible location, comfortable bedrooms, with a living room, full kitchen and backyard deck just a pitching wedge from the Old Course. Fantastic, original golf memorabilia creates a real sense of history. Highly recommend."
"Perfect location for a stay in St. Andrews - we spent wonderful days in this house. Although we had bad weather conditions the house was cosy with central heating and the possibility to put on the electric fire. Unfortunately we could not enjoy the lovely terrace! Just a few hundred meters from the first tee of the Old Course, you can easily walk there, but also just a few minutes to all the shops and restaurants on market street. Easy booking process and - thanks to Alastair! - very uncomplicated check in. We would chose this house again and recommend it to all our friends."
"A home from home in St. Andrews - we rented this apartment recently for 5 days recently. Absolutely first class ! Plenty of space, lovely fresh linen on beds and a glorious garden to sit in. Everything you could want for a relaxing break and so central for town and beach. Will def book again."
"Great break in St Andrews - very well located for all amenities this house was very well equipped, comfortable and ideal for a group of three couples, the house was warm and ideal for a relaxing four night break."
"Thank you - Great spot for golfers and visitors. Spotlessly clean and welcoming. Alastair had done a great job in preparation for his visitors."
"Perfect location - Alastair's home is wonderful. You could not ask for a better location. A five minute walk in to the Old Course and the center of town. House was clean and fully stocked with linens. The bedrooms were spacious and full of charm. Much thanks for allowing us to stay for the week!"