- Renovated to an exceptionally high standard with luxury furnishings.
- Wood burning stove for cooler months.
- Ideally located in a small village near Inverness beautifully renovated to the highest standard throughout.
- We love the uninterrupted views over the Beauly and Moray Firths; home to a school of Bottlenose Dolphins.
- Doorstep to shoreside living - there are a number of lovely beaches nearby.
Good To Know
- Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms.
- Good mobile signal.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- The city of Inverness is just 10 minutes away - you can go there by a regular bus service if you want to leave the car behind. The village of North Kessock has a pub and shop, all within easy walking distance.
- You'll be spoiled for choices for great places to eat, whether its a coffee and a cake in Inverness to fine dining in the City.
- 2 minutes walk from the Cottage you'll find the North kessock Hotel and White Cottage Coffee Shop.
- Visit The Dores Inn in a spectacular setting on the shores of South Loch Ness approx. 8 miles from Inverness, offering good pub meals and steaks.
- Rocpool Reserve, an Albert Roux creation with Michelin Star. Booking essential. 5-star dining luxury in the heart of Inverness, fresh ingredients, simply prepared.
- Café 1 - simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere - an Inverness favourite.
- There are a number of great restaurants, cafes and bars serving seafood, Chinese, Indian, Highland fare or traditional pub food in Inverness.
- Hootenanny's and Macgregor's Bar often host live music and traditional sessions where you can hear fiddles and pipes into the small hours.
- The River House is situated on the banks of the River Ness, serving fresh seafood and shellfish, sourced locally and beyond.
- Visit the new restaurant at Fortrose IV10.
- Look out for the dolphins from the foorstep of your shoreside cottage!
- Drive to the romantic Eilean Donan Castle or take a Loch Ness cruise which sails daily up Loch Ness with stunning scenery amid dramatic highland landscapes.
- Whisky lovers will love the distilleries on the famous Strathspey Whisky Trail.
- High quality salmon fishing literally on your doorstep including stalking, shooting. golf and more or go dolphin spotting on the Moray Firth.
- Inverness has great shopping, bars and restaurants where MacGregors Bar or Hootenanny's often feature live traditional Scottish folk music.
- Take in the magnificent ruins of Urquhart Castle, Clava Cairns or walk the Great Glen Way.The spectacular wildlife, deep purple mountains and waterfalls, haunting lochs and beautiful beaches are yours to explore.
- Make the trip to Culloden from your accommodation you can walk through Culloden Battlefield, scene of the final conflict of the Jacobite Rebellion, or visit Cawdor Castle to discover its links to the tragic story of Macbeth.
Shore View Cottage has simply stunning views over the Beauly and Moray Firths home to a school of Bottlenose Dolphins and close to Loch Ness, history, castles, Culloden Battleground and the highland city of Inverness - explore the Highlands and stay in luxury.
Luxury shoreseide living
This charming cottage conversion offers luxury shoreside accommodation on the seashore in a small village on the Black Isle, just north of Inverness. This cottage has been restored to an exceptionally high standard throughout whilst retaining its character and charm. There is ample seating for a family for 6 with calming contemporary colour-schemes throughout and a flat screen TV with satellite channels for evening entertainment. Tastefully fitted with high quality flooring and furniture complete with a wood-burning stove perfect for relaxing in front of, during the cooler months. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with appliances including a fridge/freezer, oven, hob and grill, dishwasher and microwave. Inside you will find three bedrooms comprising of the Master bedroom complete with bathroom en-suite located on on the ground floor whilst the other 2 bedrooms, one double one twin are up on the first floor. The property also has two bathrooms and an enclosed garden. The patio area is ideal for breakfast al fresco or for a relaxing glass wine as the sun set over the Beauly Firth and towards the mountains on the west coast. Many of the rooms also boast gorgeous views of the surrounding scenery where visitors often delight in seeing dolphins swimming past as they relax in the garden.
A tranquil village location
Shore View Cottage is in the perfect location for exploring the Scottish Highlands; Loch Ness is just 30 minutes away. The property sits on the edge of the village of North Kessock and has a tea shop, pub and convenience store all within walking distance of the cottage. Dolphin cruises are available on the Moray Firth and there is a pony trekking centre just 10 minutes away and golf courses can be found at both Inverness and Fortrose. Naturally, being so close to the sea, there are many lovely beaches nearby. There is an enclosed garden so very safe for children - and there is lots for them to do in the area. Being by the sea, there are lovely beaches nearby you can go there by a regular bus service if you want to leave the car behind. The village of North Kessock has a tea shop, pub and shop, all within easy walking distance.
The city of Inverness is a great place to explore and is just 10 minutes' drive away and there are regular bus services available locally should you wish to leave the car behind. You might like to visit Inverness Castle, Inverness Cathedral or Inverness Botanic Gardens or Inverness Museum and Art Gallery during your stay. Other attractions within a few kilometres of the property include Chanonry Point Lighthouse, Clava Cairns which are well-preserved Bronze Age ruins, Fort George or Beauly Priory. You can walk through Culloden Battlefield, scene of the final conflict of the Jacobite Rebellion, or visit Cawdor Castle to discover its links to the tragic story of Macbeth. Follow the Outlander trail - you can pick up an Outlander map from Visit Scotland information centre before you go. Drive to the romantic Eilean Donan Castle or take a Loch Ness cruise which sails daily up Loch Ness with stunning scenery amid dramatic highland landscapes - Look out for Nessie! The spectacular wildlife, deep purple mountains and waterfalls, haunting lochs and beautiful beaches are yours to explore.
Rates : From £180 per night. Minimum 3 night stay
"What a magnificent place to stay we wished we could have stayed longer. Absolutely fabulous."
"If you expect the best this will be what you get. An amazing cottage with everything you could want including a spectacular view. Hazel has really hit the mark with all the extra touches and has set the benchmark high. Would thoroughly recommend and would love to return. Thanks Hazel."
"A lovely cottage with everything you could need. Wish we could have stayed longer!"
"Hazel was very warm and welcoming after we made a same day booking. The cottage is beautiful, with modern decor and very clean. The location was lovely and perfect for our journey through Inverness. Cot for my toddler was a bonus! Hope to stay here again."
"Shore Cottage is a lovely place to stay - we had great August weather, so the views were amazing - easy to get to, easy to get around to Black Isle etc - there is loads of room, super kitchen and lots of outside sitting possibilities if the weather is good. Hazel is a great hostess."