- 10 foot stunning glass balcony with breathtaking views across the Solway Firth.
- Built in wine chillers.
- Moments away from the Carrick Shore and sandy beach of Carrick Bay.
- Peaceful and tranquil location with numerous beautiful walks all around.
- Set in 3/4 acres of coastal garden and garden paths with secluded patio for al fresco dining and raised decking area perfect for nightcaps.
- Trevor Leat willow sculptures.
Good To Know
- Full Sky Package for guests use.
- Wi-Fi throughout.
- Ample car parking with shared space for further 3 cars
- Useful outside storage shed for bicycles.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- Up to 2 well behaved pets welcome - pet towels available.
- Charcoal BBQ in situ for relaxing evenings with friends.
- Plenty of great dining out options available; Gatehouse (4 miles drive) - Gather at Laggan Outdoor, with spectacular views over the coastline, Galloway Lodge, The Cally Hotel, Masonic Arms.
- Kirkcudbright (8 miles drive) - The Selkirk Hotel, Polarbites - for excellent Fish & Chips, Mulberries Cafe and The Station House Cookery School's new restaurant.
- Castle Douglas (15 miles drive) - Mr Pooks Kitchen, Designs Gallery & Cafe, Carlo's Italian, Threave Garden.
- A walkers paradise plentiful low level coastal walks and more challenging routes Rockliffe to Kippford, River Dee Walk from Kirkcudbright, Loch Trool Loop, Galloway Forest Park, Glenkiln Reservoir Walk, Criffel Circular walk and many others to enjoy.
- Wild swim in Carrick Bay, safe for kayaks, windsurfers or canoes.
- Visit Kirkcudbright (8 miles) with an active fishing fleet. The artists historical town Kirkcudbright Galleries, The Whitehouse Gallery, for artwork, jewellery and crafts.
- Head to Gatehouse of Fleet (4 miles) to Cardoness Castle, a 15th century Tower house or see an old working Mill.
- Be enchanted by Threave Castle at Castle Douglas (15 miles) which was a seat of the powerful "Black" Earls of Douglas and take in Threave Gardens or Drumlanrig Castle.
- Cream O' Galloway icecream makers and adventure park or The Cocoa Bean Company chocolate makers adventure park.
- 7 Stanes Glentrool with massive cycling trails.
- Dumfries Ice Bowl ice skating rink.
At the end of one of South West Scotland's most stunning coastal driveways, rests Owl Cote a breathtaking glass decked beauty, overlooking Carrick Bay just steps from the shore with stunning views over the Solway Firth; stylish seashore living for making memories with family or special friends.Enjoying an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Located just 3 miles from Gatehouse of Fleet, the safe Carrick shore is a place of unspoilt natural beauty boasting a picturesque sandy beach. This haven of peace and tranquillity is reflected in the overall beauty and charm of the area.
There are numerous beautiful walks to be had at the beach and around Carrick shore and visitors can also enjoy swimming, sailing, windsurfing or canoeing in the bay.
The house is situated steps from the shore of Carrick Bay and its 3 bedrooms sleep 5 in luxurious surroundings. A first floor glass balcony provides breath-taking views over the Solway Firth and towards the Murray Isles and beyond.
Large French doors, with glass panels either side (a 10 foot glass balcony) lead out onto a large balcony with glass panelling for uninterrupted views for miles. A multi fuel log burning stove for cooler nights; comfortable seating and cosy furnishings complete the relaxed layout of the living room at Owl Cote.
Equipped with a flat screen TV, DVD, CD player and complimentary Wi-Fi as well as a good selection of family board games and books to read for cosy nights in when you want to relax and switch off after a days exploring. The owners have thoughtfully provided a box of beautiful Capiz shells which guests are encouraged to leave a message on after their stay to create an organic natures visitor book.
There's a spacious kitchen with beautiful views over the Galloway hills, fully equipped to comfortably cater for 8 - 10 people with a large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, fan assisted oven, hob and extractor fan, and two built in wine chillers. There's also a cosy single bedroom with 3ft bed and a carefully placed velux affords amazing starry views on clear nights.
Owl Cote is beautfuly maintained and has just undergone extensive redecoration with new carpets throughout to entrance, hall, stairs landing and sitting room, crisp new linens and towels, new roman blinds in the master and single bedroom as well as a plump new Sofa for guests to enjoy.
The ground floor hosts the Master Bedroom with an impressive 6ft super king bed and en-suite bathroom with under floor heating (bath with shower over) and cleverly concealed washing machine and tumble drier, heated towel rail, shaver point and ample mirrors and lighting. The master bedroom leads out to a secluded sitting/eating area ideal for morning coffee al fresco. A third twin room with two 3ft beds and en suite shower room with under floor heating offers flexibility in bedding arrangements for your party.
Beautifully sited the property sits in approximately ¾ acres of typical coastal garden with a small pond, which is safely fenced off and planted, with a thoughtful mix of local plants, which support the local wildlife. There's also a useful outside storage building (18' x 12)' available for guests secure storage of bicycles and small craft. A secluded patio has comfortable garden furniture and a charcoal barbeque for your use in the summer months as well as a newly added raised deck to compliment the position of the house and allow the views to be enjoyed all year round.
Owl Cote enjoys an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Countless beautiful walks from your front door onto the beach and around Carrick shore are on hand as well as numerous cycle tracks, historical visits, shopping, art galleries or adventure Parks for the 'littlies". Wake up with a wild swim, go sailing, windsurfing or canoeing out front in the bay. For a less energetic day just allow the wild beauty of this beachfront haven to soothe your soul and relax back in good company with your friends and family.
Terms and Conditions :
2020/2021 COVID SPECIFIC. During these uncertain times, the property will undertake to honour Guests' refund requests where a guest cancellation is either the sole and direct result of a Government edict which results in the Guest being unable to travel or a Covid specific illness relating to any of the booking party. Proof of the latter may be required to verify a full refund.
In all other non-Covid situations effective December 2020 onwards the property owner strongly recommends all clients take out their own Holiday Insurance Policy.
Should guests have to cancel their booked holiday at Owl Cote and or The Birds Nest, please note that the following refund policy applies:- Once payment is received, the deposit or full payment amount will only be refunded if:-
1. There is 12 weeks or longer from the date of cancellation to the arrival date. We will always endeavour to find a new date to transfer the cancelled booking to.
2. The deposit or total amount will only be refunded if the cancelled dates are rebooked for the same period at the same rate.
3. We reserve the right to charge an administration refund fee of £10.00
4. Bookings run from FRIDAY to FRIDAY, with arrival at 16.00 and departure at 10.30. However, do always enquire as alternative arrival dates may be possible. A deposit of 50% of the total stay is payable on reservation, with the balance becoming due either 6 weeks prior to arrival or immediately should the booking be within the 6 weeks of arrival date.
OWL COTE and THE BIRDS NEST are STRICTLY non-smoking properties.
DOGS are welcome (chargeable) by prior arrangement. Maximum of 2 dogs, £15 per dog
Rental costs are fully inclusive of laundry/all utilities and fuel and cleaning.
Departing guests are requested to re-set the fire and replenish the wood and coal on departure. All rubbish should be removed to the house bin, located on roadside towards Knockbrex Castle.
Dogs and young children are the sole responsibility of the Rentor throughout the duration of their stay at OWL COTE and particular care must be taken when using the balcony and opening of kitchen windows. In particular, children must not be left unsupervised near the pond area at any time and the gate surrounding the pond must remain closed at all times.
Rates : Weekly rates from £605 per week.
Guests Comments :
"Thank you for a beautiful cottage in a stunning location. Very relaxing. The Gathering was excellent for lunch only a few miles away at Laggan. The world feels normal here, and I don't want to go home. (Anita, Paul & Dusty)"
"A wonderful few days of peace and quiet away from the mayhem and madness of the world outside. (David and Alex")
"Thank you for such a delightful stay. We have been blessed with the most amazing weather and some beautiful skies. Loch Trool and Woods of Cree are highly recommended. The sunrises and sunsets have to be enjoyed from the bay, especially at low tide and see the birds dipping in the sand. A really lovely getaway for a week! (Oli & Jane H)"
"Hello AGAIN! Another fantastic week at Owl Cote. Just wonderful. Looking forward to returning. (Glenn & Elaine W)"
"We had a wonderful relaxing week in your beautiful cottage. Discovered a beautiful corner of Scotland that I will never forget. (Frankie R)"
"A Gem! Luxurious holiday house. We sat in all the different garden seating spots and enjoyed the pond and garden. Saw rabbits and a stoat! Walks along the beach and exploring the surrounding towns and villages. Had a wonderful time. Many thanks (Chris C)"
"We had a wonderful holiday in Owl Cote & Birds Nest, and so good to spend time with all the family after being separated by lockdown. We had lots of fun on walks and went swimming in the bay Thanks for letting us stay in your beautiful homes. (Iain, Margy, Alice, Cameron, and the crew!)"