- 10 foot stunning glass balcony with breathtaking views across the Solway Firth.
- Built in wine chillers.
- Moments away from the Carrick Shore and sandy beach of Carrick Bay.
- Peaceful and tranquil location with numerous beautiful walks all around.
- Set in 3/4 acres of coastal garden and garden paths with secluded patio for al fresco dining and raised decking area perfect for nightcaps.
- Trevor Leat willow sculptures.
Good To Know
- Full Sky Package for guests use.
- Wi-Fi throughout.
- Ample car parking with shared space for further 3 cars
- Useful outside storage shed for bicycles.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- Up to 2 well behaved pets welcome - pet towels available.
- Charcoal BBQ in situ for relaxing evenings with friends.
- Plenty of great dining out options available; Gatehouse (4 miles drive) - Basecamp at Laggan Outdoor, with spectacular views over the coastline, Galloway Lodge, The Cally Hotel, Masonic Arms.
- Kirkcudbright (8 miles drive) - The Selkirk Hotel, Polarbites - for excellent Fish & Chips, Mulberries Cafe and The Station House Cookery School's new restaurant.
- Castle Douglas (15 miles drive) - Mr Pooks Kitchen, Designs Gallery & Cafe, Carlo's Italian, Threave Garden.
- A walkers paradise plentiful low level coastal walks and more challenging routes Rockliffe to Kippford, River Dee Walk from Kirkcudbright, Loch Trool Loop, Galloway Forest Park, Glenkiln Reservoir Walk, Criffel Circular walk and many others to enjoy.
- Wild swim in Carrick Bay, rent kayaks, windsurfers or canoes.
- Visit Kirkcudbright (8 miles) with an active fishing fleet. The artists historical town Kirkcudbright Galleries, The Whitehouse Gallery, for artwork, jewellery and crafts.
- Head to Gatehouse of Fleet (4 miles) to Cardoness Castle, a 15th century Tower house or see an old working Mill.
- Be enchanted by Threave Castle at Castle Douglas (15 miles) which was a seat of the powerful "Black" Earls of Douglas and take in Threave Gardens or Drumlanrig Castle.
- Zip wires, clays and segway fun at Laggan Outdoors.
- Cream O' Galloway icecream makers and adventure park or The Cocoa Bean Company chocolate makers adventure park.
- 7 Stanes Glentrool with massive cycling trails.
- Dumfries Ice Bowl ice skating rink.
At the end of one of South West Scotland's most stunning coastal driveways, rests Owl Cote (totally refreshed for 2019) a breathtaking glass decked beauty, overlooking Carrick Bay just steps from the shore with stunning views over the Solway Firth; stylish seashore living for making memories with family or special friends.Enjoying an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Located just 3 miles from Gatehouse of Fleet, the safe Carrick shore is a place of unspoilt natural beauty boasting a picturesque sandy beach. This haven of peace and tranquillity is reflected in the overall beauty and charm of the area.
There are numerous beautiful walks to be had at the beach and around Carrick shore and visitors can also enjoy swimming, sailing, windsurfing or canoeing in the bay.
The house is situated steps from the shore of Carrick Bay. Owl Cote was totally refurbished during 2012, and its 3 bedrooms sleep 5 in luxurious surroundings. A first floor glass balcony provides breath-taking views over the Solway Firth and towards the Murray Isles and beyond.
Large French doors, with glass panels either side (a 10 foot glass balcony) lead out onto a large balcony with glass panelling for uninterrupted views for miles. A multi fuel log burning stove for cooler nights; comfortable seating and cosy furnishings complete the relaxed layout of the living room at Owl Cote.
Equipped with a flat screen TV, DVD, CD player and complimentary Wi-Fi as well as a good selection of family board games and books to read for cosy nights in when you want to relax and switch off after a days exploring. The owners have thoughtfully provided a box of beautiful Capiz shells which guests are encouraged to leave a message on after their stay to create an organic natures visitor book.
There's a spacious kitchen with beautiful views over the Galloway hills, fully equipped to comfortably cater for 8 - 10 people with a large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, fan assisted oven, hob and extractor fan, and two built in wine chillers. There's also a cosy single bedroom with 3ft bed and a carefully placed velux affords amazing starry views on clear nights.
Owl Cote is beautfuly maintained and has just undergone extensive redecoration with new carpets throughout to entrance, hall, stairs landing and sitting room, crisp new linens and towels, new roman blinds in the master and single bedroom as well as a plump new Sofa for guests to enjoy.
The ground floor hosts the Master Bedroom with an impressive 6ft super king bed and en-suite bathroom with under floor heating (bath with shower over) and cleverly concealed washing machine and tumble drier, heated towel rail, shaver point and ample mirrors and lighting. The master bedroom leads out to a secluded sitting/eating area ideal for morning coffee al fresco. A third twin room with two 3ft beds and en suite shower room with under floor heating offers flexibility in bedding arrangements for your party.
Beautifully sited the property sits in approximately ¾ acres of typical coastal garden with a small pond, which is safely fenced off and planted, with a thoughtful mix of local plants, which support the local wildlife. There's also a useful outside storage building (18' x 12)' available for guests secure storage of bicycles and small craft. A secluded patio has comfortable garden furniture and a charcoal barbeque for your use in the summer months as well as a newly added raised deck to compliment the position of the house and allow the views to be enjoyed all year round.
Owl Cote enjoys an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Countless beautiful walks from your front door onto the beach and around Carrick shore are on hand as well as numerous cycle tracks, historical visits, shopping, art galleries or adventure Parks for the 'littlies". Wake up with a wild swim, go sailing, windsurfing or canoeing out front in the bay. For a less energetic day just allow the wild beauty of this beachfront haven to soothe your soul and relax back in good company with your friends and family.
Jan 5/12/19/26 £645
Feb 2/9/16/23 £645
Mar 2/9/16/23/30 £645
Apr 6/27 £749
Apr 13-20 £849
May 4/25 £1019
May 11/18 £949
June 1/8/15/22/29 £949
July 6/13/20/27 £949
Aug 3/10/17/24/31 £949
Sept 7/14/21/28 £775
Oct 5/12/19 £775
Oct 26 £575
Nov 2/9/16/23/30 £575
Dec 7/14 £575
Dec 21st onwards Christmas / New Year 2020 (please enquire)
Terms and Conditions :
Weekly rentals Saturday to Saturday between April and October. 3 night short break stays stays are available outwith this period, with mid week arrivals possible on request.
A deposit of £140.00 is payable on reservation, with the balance becoming due either 8 weeks prior to arrival or immediately should the booking be within the 8 weeks of arrival date.
An additional £100.00 Damage Bond cheque will be requested on confirmation of booking, which will be returned once the property has been vacated in the same condition as at the rental start date, and the return of all keys. Each lost key will be charged at £20.00.
Guest Comments :
"Thanks again, we have had another great holiday at Carrick. Love the new decor, looking forward to next year." - The Richardson family
"Owl Cote you have delivered every time! You have clearly thought through everything a family needs to have a wonderful holiday. We have discovered a remarkable place and are already planning our return." - Helen and Johnny
"A lovely holiday home – lovely views – will visit again when the children are older – thank you for the lovely warm welcome."- Kate, Andy, Finlay and Georgia
"A little piece of luxury mixed with beautiful views. A wonderful place to relax and spend time with friends." - Dr Shah and friends
"Thank you Vicky and Ian for letting us stay at Owl Cote, we have had a lovely time here, fab views from the balcony over Carrick Bay, such a restful place to escape too. We very much hope to return soon and will tell our friends." - J and K Penny
"We have had a lovely stay here. The house is so comfortable & cosy & a great place to relax. We’ve all recharged our batteries during a very restful stay. We’ll definitely be back." - The Styles-Dey family