- A stunning location set within the dramatic landscape of Macleod's Tables, two flat-topped mountains that dominate the landscape of North West Skye.
- Pad across warm floors with underfoor heating on the ground floor of the property.
- We love the large kitchen with huge windows that let in loads of light and fabulous double height living room giving a real sense of space.
- Cosy up by the woodburning stove the perfect relax after a days adventures.
- Stylish interiors and luxury bedlinens.
- Pure waters straight from a natural water supply from the local spring.
Good To Know
- Book with confidence Osdale Cottages has a flexible cancellation policy.
- This stunning remote location is accessed via a farm track please note it is not suitable for cars with a low suspension.
- Osdale Byre and the owners second property Osdale Farmhouse sit within the same large plot that is fenced off from the surrounding farmland.
- There is private parking directly outside the Byre for two cars.
- Osdale is 3 miles from Dunvegan village with access to local shops and services and 25 miles from Portree.
- Osdale Byre has one bedroom upstairs, otherwise all amenities are on the ground floor so suitable for those with mobility issues.
- Up to three pets are most welcome (small pet housekeeping charge applicable).
- Osdale Byre can be booked with Osdale Farmhouse for a holiday for up to 8 people and 6 pets.
- From food vans to fine restaurants, Skye makes the very best of the wonderful produce on its doorstep.
- Osdale is 3.5 miles from The Three Chimneys Restaurant, which enjoys an international reputation for fine food.
- Michelin-starred Lochbay and Michelin-recommended Edinbane Lodge are only a 20-30 minute drive away.
- There are also excellent local restaurants in Dunvegan, including The Old School Restaurant and The Dunvegan.
- Glendale Café Lephin provides a warm welcome on your way to Neist Point Lighthouse.
- For a traditional pub, Edinbane Inn and the Old Inn at Carbost are very welcoming, with great food, drinks and live music.
- For those that want to enjoy the Osdale kitchen, fishmongers ‘Just Hooked' in Portree and the Oyster Shed in Carbost offer excellent local fish and shellfish.
- Loch Dunvegan is a 20-minute stroll away.
- A great location for accessing all that Skye has to offer being close to Dunvegan Castle, Coral Beach and Neist Point and many quiet spots on your doorstep.
- Superb walking opportunities for all levels of fitness, low level gentle walks as well as more challenging climbs from your doorstep at Osdale Byre.
- Discover an array of Scottish wildlife close by including deer, sea eagles, seals, dolphins and otters.
- Skye has a cornucopia of natural, historicial, archeaological and cultural places to explore all are driveable from Osdale Byre,
- Visit Talisker or Torabhaig distillery to learn about Skye's malt whisky.
- Climb The Old Man of Storr take a trip out to Neist Point Lighthouse or the iconic Quiraing
- Learn about the magic fairly flag at Dunvegan castle or visit The Fairy Glen and the instagrammable Fairy Pools.
A boutique hideaway sitting beneath Macleod's Tables, two flat-topped mountains that dominate the landscape of North West Skye - luxury, peace and seclusion await you in this 1870's converted barn with sheepskins, luxury touches and expansive views.
If it's total relaxation, seclusion and tranquillity you seek then a stay at Osdale Byre delivers on every level. Set in a jaw dropping location and offering guests the quickest relax you'll be rewarded with magnificent views towards the Cuillin ridge and Loch Dunvegan.
With stylish interiors and luxury bed linens the Byre provides a warm and relaxing base for friends and families to explore all that Skye has to offer, sleeping 4 guests with room for up to three well behaved pets. Attention to detail at every turn from local sheepskins, luxury bedlinens and thoughtfully chosen pieces throughout, make for a very special stay.
5 star location
The cottages are located on the Isle of Skye's North West peninsula, called Duirinish. The wilderness of the Macleod's Tables provides a majestic backdrop and offers plenty of great walks straight from your doorstep. Although only 3 miles from Dunvegan with local shops and good places to eat your location offers real privacy and you still get to enjoy that remote island feel with wide open spaces to explore. Access to Skye's famous attractions - Neist Point, Coral Beach, and Dunvegan Castle are all nearby as are some of Skye's best restaurants including The Three Chimneys, Edinbane Lodge and Loch Bay.
Step inside Osdale
Osdale Byre has a large reception room with TV, DVD, bluetooth speaker and a generous open plan kitchen with huge windows which flood with sunlight during the day. The double height living room heated by a cosy wood-burner is perfect for evenings. There's also a large boot room with washing machine and tumble dryer. It also has two bedrooms - one downstairs, with its own en-suite bathroom, the other upstairs - and both can be used as either a double (with a super-king-size bed) or a twin. The configuration cleverly offers flexible sleeping arrangements for up to four adults with a large boot-room and room for pets to stretch out.
Nestling beneath the Macleod's Tables the property offers commanding views from Dunvegan over towards the Cuillin mountain range. It is reached via a farm track with livestock from the neighbouring farm often grazing along the way. Originally built in the 1800s, the Byre has been restored to provide superb open plan holiday accommodation. Enjoy sitting by the huge windows and gaze over farmland watching the varying wildlife. Why not rustle up something fresh and local with all the amazing produce available on the island from fresh langoustines, hand dived scallops to local venison and enjoy a local whisky as the sun sets after dinner. The kitchen is designed for social occasions and as the evenings draw in you can gather in the living area with the double height ceilings and crackling wood burning stove for some memorable family time after a days adventure on the island. The Byre is beautifully dog friendly with walking galore and when you return home there is underfloor heating for wet paws or you can make good use of the large boot room, a great place to rub down muddy dogs and store any wet stuff. The owners of The Byre also own Osdale Farmhouse close by, being your only neighbour, so it offers a great option for extended numbers or larger family groups as both cottages can be booked sleeping up to 8 in total if taken together or equally unique as individual cottages sleeping up to 4.
The easiest way to reach the Isle of Skye is via Kyle of Lochalsh and the Skye bridge. By car it takes about 2 hours to reach Kyle from Inverness, and 4 1/2 hours from Glasgow and Edinburgh. From Kyle it is another 1 1/4 hours by car to the Osdale Cottages. The drive cuts across the middle of Skye with stunning scenery to admire along the way, including the Cuillin mountain range.
Osdale Byre offers a very special location for accessing all that Skye has to offer being close to Dunvegan Castle, Coral Beach and Neist Point and many quiet spots on your doorstep with an abundance of Scottish wildlife - look out for the deer, sea eagles, seals, dolphins and otters close by.
Low season from £725
Mid season from £925
High season from £1125
Check in is from 1600 and check out is by 1000 and The Byre accepts up to 3 pets at £10 per pet per week or part-week.
booked this property for it's excellent cancellation flexibility - fully
expecting to have to use it, due to the pandemic. However, we happily were
allowed to travel from Tier 2, at a time when most of the rest of the world was
locked down. Our stay was utterly blissful."
"The cottage was immaculate, the communication from the owners was spot on, and it was the perfect change of scenery and escape after months of working from home. Beds were SO comfy, and the whole living space was gorgeous. Even in late November - when the forecast was pretty rubbish - we only had 1 day, in our whole week, of genuinely bad weather. The rest of the time we got out for some stunning walks, and had a burst of sunshine every single day. "
"We were really touched by the welcome of dog-biscuits, eggs, butter, home-baked bread etc. The decor/ furnishings are top notch, and the underfloor heating is so lovely in winter. It was too mild for us to try out the fantastic looking wood-burner. We'd highly recommend and would definitely come back. Thanks so much."
"A lovely comfortable cottage that was fully equipped. The views you can see are for miles and we saw a deer just at the fence. We would definitely go back to the Byre and stay again; it's location was perfect for touring the area."
"Loved the cottage, it was so comfortable, a real home from home, perfect for us and our dog."
"Wonderful property with amazing views, really couldn't be improved upon."
"I spent a wonderful week at Osdale Byre. The house is beautifully decorated and felt like a home away form home. The views from the cottage are absolutely stunning, and the location is perfect. Lucy and Anne made me and my dog feel very welcome, which I especially appreciated as a woman traveling on her own. I highly recommend staying here and hope to be back again soon!"