Mountview Luxury Pod
Baddidarroch, Lochinver, Scotland
- Outdoor hot tub takes glamping to a whole new level.
- Wake up with uninterrupted waters edge views.
- Gorgeous sundeck for alfresco dining.
- Gas BBQ - bring the steaks!
- Outdoor chimnea feature for a chilly evening.
Good To Know
- Pets welcome
- On site parking
- 2 night minimum stays on the North 500 Route
- Stay connected wifi included.
- There are several excellent quality restaurants locally which are very busy in the season and require pre-booking with last orders usually by 8pm.
- Locally you can dine at Peets restaurant or An Cala cafe both at the harbour. For fresh seafood and Tapas visit Caberfeidh Restaurant. There are three hotels to choose from The Culag, Inverlodge and Kelesku and all dining out options serve fresh seafood.
- Try the famous pies from the Lochinver Larder.
- Guests complimentary whisky and shortbread on arrrival!
- Cam Mac Boat Trips offer coastal boat tour departing from Lochinver Marina and Highland Stoneware produces local hand-thrown pottery.
- Hermit's Castle (15 mins from Achmelvich Beach) built in the '50s and despite appearances, it's only just big enough to stand inside it. There's a small fireplace and sleeping area - quite a quirky location!
- Climb Suilven, it may be only 731 metres high, but its unique outline, challenging remoteness and superlative views make it one of the finest mountains in Britain.There's also the Assynt range of Cul Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Cul Beag to be bagged.
- The stunning beach of Achmelvich sands with its turquoise clear waters and sugar white sand is close by.
- North Coast Sea tours by boat are an excellent day trip while staying with us.
An unforgettable waterside glamping retreat for 2 with bubbling hot tub out front, with lipstick skies and ocean views - a picture perfect pitch on the North 500 route.
If sea-loch and river fishing wet your appetite you won't be disappointed with this luxury pod's shore side location. Stroll along the seashore, shell collecting, bracing coastal walks or for the more adventurous the hills to scale. Bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts wont be disappointed with the locals; graced by the presence of the majestic Golden Eagles or watch the Sea Eagles, Seals, Otters and Dolphins play in around your doorstep.
Wake up beautifully - to die-for views of Lochinver across to the Assynt mountains of Canisp and Suilven reveal themselves when you step out of your pod each morning. The perfect place to escape to if you want a quick retreat from the hustle and bustle where you can relax in your own private hot tub. Sleeping two guests and located on the iconic North 500 route, yet only a 10 minute stroll to the village of Lochinver you can be as connected or as private as you choose.
Out front there's a private deck bathed in light and as the sun sets across the sparkling waters in front of your pod, the warm evening light casts a romantic glow as the day draws to an end.
The pod will sleep 2 adults in a full size double bed with linen and towels as well as luxury bathrobes and hairdryer provided and it also has its own small bathroom/wet room with toilet, shower, and sink.
Also supplied are toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. If you fancy a cook's night in, there is a small kitchen area which includes a sink, mini fridge, mini oven, kettle and toaster and although there is no full sized cooker there is a mini oven for your use during your stay.
Fresh coffee on the deck - no problem.. there's a cafitiere provided along with a started pack of sugar, tea and coffee and access to a freezer 20 meters from your pod.
Relax and listen to your music with a Bose docking station or download a film on the good Wi-Fi - everything has been taken care of for you, right down to the gas BBQ on the deck for instant use. Relax on the alfresco furniture for outside dining.
This luxury pod offers more than a luxury glamping experience it is pitch perfect - where you can escape from it all and still be gloriously connected.
"Something very different for a night. The pod is very clean and well equipped for our one night stay. The owners greeted us and showed us where everything was and had set up the hot tub for us. Great view out over the Harbour/town centre. Very quiet and private. Breakfast was described as continental but included bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, croissants etc. Would definitely stay again." - 2018
"This is the first time that we've stayed in a Pod and it was absolutey terrific. Even although the weather wasn't the best, the Hot Tub experience made up for everything. It really was a relaxing and chilled two night stay for us both. The Pod is very well equipped, spotlessly clean, well decorated and warm and has everything you need for your stay. Even although my husband is 6ft 5 he had no difficulties with the size of the pod and wet room. The decking area with hot tub is closed off on each side with wooden fencing making the area very private and quiet. There is also an outside fire pit and BBQ area on the decking with plenty of room to move around. The owners were lovely and friendly without being intrusive and it's obvious that they take pride in their accommodation as every need is catered for. The location of the Pod was only a 35 minutes car journey from Ullapool which made it ideal for us as we were coming off the ferry from Lewis. The pod is about a 20 minute walk to the village of Lochinver where there is plenty of lovely restaurants to choose from, with even more opening up in the summer months. You won't be disappointed." - 2018