- Stay in a traditional 150 year old stone built croft.
- Outdoor hot tub with gorgeous sundeck for alfresco dining.
- Wake up with uninterrupted waters edge views.
- Bathroom underfoor heating, pad across warm floors.
- Cosy woodburning stove with fuel provided.
Good To Know
- Just 10 mins walk to Lochinver village.
- Sleeps 3.
- Pets welcome.
- On site parking at rear of cottage.
- North 500 Route.
- Stay connected wifi included.
- There are several excellent quality restaurants locally which are very busy in the season and require pre-booking with last orders usually by 8pm.
- Locally you can dine at Peets restaurant or An Cala cafe both at the harbour. For fresh seafood and Tapas visit Caberfeidh Restaurant. There are three hotels to choose from The Culag, Inverlodge and Kelesku and all dining out options serve fresh seafood.
- Try the famous pies from the Lochinver Larder.
- Guests complimentary highland tea tray on arrival with a delicious welcome cake!
- Cam Mac Boat Trips offer coastal boat tour departing from Lochinver Marina and Highland Stoneware produces local hand-thrown pottery.
- Hermit's Castle (15 mins from Achmelvich Beach) built in the '50s and despite appearances, it's only just big enough to stand inside it. There's a small fireplace and sleeping area - quite a quirky location!
- Climb Suilven, it may be only 731 metres high, but its unique outline, challenging remoteness and superlative views make it one of the finest mountains in Britain.There's also the Assynt range of Cul Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Cul Beag to be bagged.
- The stunning beach of Achmelvich sands with its turquoise clear waters and sugar white sand is close by.
- North Coast Sea tours by boat are an excellent day trip while staying with us.
Set back from the seashore, this idyllic converted traditional croft house Mountview Cottage on the iconic North 500 route - hugging the coastline of the Scottish Highlands with ocean-view decking and large outdoor hot tub with mood lighting.
Transport back in time to one of the few 150 year old fully renovated croft houses in Baddidarroch but with all the bells and whistles you could ask of a luxury highland stay.
If sea-loch and river fishing wet your appetite you won't be disappointed with this shore side location. Stroll along the seashore, shell collecting, bracing coastal walks or for the more adventurous the hills to scale. Bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts wont be disappointed with the locals - graced by the presence of the majestic Golden Eagles or watch the Sea Eagles, Seals, Otters and Dolphins play in around the doorstep of Mountview Cottage.
Wake up beautifully - to die-for views of Loch Inver across to the Assynt mountains of Canisp and Suilven reveal themselves when you draw back the curtains each morning. The perfect place to escape to if you want to read, walk, curl up on the couch or relax in your own private hot tub. Sleeping three guests and located on the iconic North 500 route yet only a 10 minute stroll to the village of Lochinver you can be as connected or as private as you choose.
There's nothing better than a real log fire, oodles of fuel and good company for a cosy night in after a brisk walk on the hills and the attention to details with quality fittings throughout makes for a very comfortable holiday cottage stay in the highlands. Out front there's a conservatory bathed in light and as the sun sets across the sparkling waters in front of the house the warm evening light casts a romantic glow as the day draws to an end.
Fitted with an electric hob, microwave, oven, dishwasher and washing machine you have everything to make your stay a home from home. Stay connected with good Wi-Fi throughout for streaming and downloading your latest films or switch on the Smart TV for a film night in with friends and family.
2 bedrooms both beautifully arranged for your stay, one with an oak king size bed and complimentary oak furniture and the second with a single bed, double wardrobe and dressing table. There's a walk in shower/wet room and you can pad across warm floors courtesy of the under-floor heating.
Mountview Cottage adjoins the owner's property but has been discreetly renovated so that the property faces in a completely different direction ensuring your optimum privacy throughout your stay. Mountview cottage offers more than a holiday - it is the perfect slowdown and reboot with a completely different rhythm for life.
Short breaks of two nights or more may be booked November to March excluding Christmas and New Year which are weekly lets.
"Another relaxing stay at Mountview Cottage. Different beach every day for the dogs where they just ran mad, where there was no livestock. Cottage yet again was at its usual high standard. Was lovely to arrive in dark to a warm cottage and light left on for us and a lovely tea tray with homemade fruitcake, thanks Susan. Would definitely recommend a stay here and will definitely be booking again."
"Really love this area and the accommodation certainly enhanced our
holiday . Sat in the hot tub and looked at the stunning views . Several
good places to eat in Lochinver which is about a mile away, it’s a nice walk .
Would definitely recommend"
"Wonderful week at Mountview Cottage. We found the accommodation very well equipped with everything we needed and more. Really appreciated the large enclosed garden where our dog was safe to roam . Made full use of the hot tub and enjoyed the wonderful beaches and scenery of the area . We were lucky to have such warm weather . Would love to return"