- Floor to ceiling glass, breakfast in bed to die for views.
- Infra red sauna, hot tub on your own private decking in total privacy
- Award Winning honeymoon hideaway.
- Artisan hand made copper roof.
- Wild flower meadow from the same cut of turf as used at the London Olympics
- Set in ancient woodland
- In - house masseuse available on request
- Watch otters feast at dawn, pine martins, dolphins, porpoise and stags.
- 2 Pets very welcome by special arrangement.
Good To Know
- Bedroom sleeps 2 super king-size romantic french antique canopy bed (can also be twin)
- Luxury robes & towels provided, hot tub, pro-running machine, dressing table, large ensuite spa bathroom, freestanding bathtub, vanity unit, marble dresser, monsoon walk-in shower, double sauna
- Complimentary bathroom toiletries.
- Wood burning stove, underfloor heating throughout.
- Open plan kitchen with bread maker, Nespresso machine, wine keepers, induction hob, microwave, Bose sound dock, dishwasher, WiFi, TV, DVD player and Weber Gas BBQ.
- Port on arrival and complimentary bottle of bubbles.
- Forest walks and low level walks as well as three munros on our doorstep.
- 5 minutes walk to mainland Britain's remotest pub Guinness Book of Records and local Pottery and Tearoom.
- In house Seafood platters to order, fresh local langoustines, scallops, mussels, salmon , hand dived scallops, homemade breads and dips.
- Local restaurants for dining out options.
- Knoydart is known as mainland Bitain's last wilderness.
- Bike hire locally or take aguided walks with our local ranger guides.
- 4 x 4 Tours available - discover about the Highland Clearances, Knoydart Community Buy Out and the local history of the blackhouses.
- Go wildlife watching on dolphin/whale tours. Island hopping with fast rib adventures half and whole day hires.
- Explore a deserted beach with a romantic picnic or learn to haul a creel and cook your catch on an open fire with Minch Adventures.
- The Hide is desgned for couples with the added flexibility of being able to take two children by special request.
- Cot available on request.
Take romantic luxury to new heights with an
award-winning hideaway for two with hot tub and sauna, built for
indulgence and blissfully secluded in the Scottish Highlands.
If you want to give your romantic getaway the upgrade it deserves, arranging a stay at the winner of Lux Magazine's ‘Best Honeymoon and Romantic Getaways 2017' may well be a good place to start!
Knoydart Hide, beautifully positioned on Scotland's refreshingly rural Knoydart Peninsula (known as "Britain's last wilderness"), is the proud winner of multiple awards, and has featured on several prestigious lists, such as The Times' ‘Top Five Romantic Boltholes'.
Overlooking Loch Nevis, half an acre of ancient secluded woodland awaits you, with beech trees, Scots Pine and a carpet of wildflowers framing a majestic mountain landscape you'll want to take your time gazing over.
The South-facing Knoydart Hide has been lovingly crafted from blended wood, copper artisan roofing and Danish glass floor-to-ceiling windows that ensures it blends beautifully with its natural surroundings, as well as allowing plenty of natural light to flood inside all day.
You'll arrive at your private paradise by water taxi, and once inside, you'll soon discover that staying in the wondrous wilderness can also include unrivalled five star luxury. Antique furnishings, floor to ceiling window frames throughout and stylishly detailed flourishes are all set off by heated Italian floor tiles, ensuring the two of you are kept warm and cosy throughout your stay.
Featuring a floodlit outdoor hot tub and infra-red sauna, a freestanding bath overlooking the forest, and an authentic Danish wood burner, it isn't hard to see why this magical hideaway is so celebrated by couples searching for a romantic escape to remember for a long time to come. Simply snuggle yourselves into the soft luxury bathrobes for two, crack open your complimentary fizz, and get ready to relax.
The living area is designed with both beauty and romantic relaxation in mind, with unique local art adorning the walls, a Danish woodburner to warm your toes, and timeless furnishings to relax on, including a Napoleonic mahogany sofa and an antique dining table with chairs - the ideal setting for endless romantic feasts.
Catering can be arranged for you; though if you decide to cook you'll find a contemporary kitchen that features everything a culinary master could wish for...including a selection of cookbooks for inspiration, and a Nespresso machine to help you ease into your mornings. Wander down to the village for coffee and cake, the local pub is a 10 minute walk from you and there are local dining out options who embrace the slow food movement and the freshest of local produce.
Of course, with so much breathtaking scenery all around, you may prefer a sizzling al fresco supper. Simply fire up the gas Weber barbecue and soak up the views on the wraparound decking - oh, and be prepared to say hello to the friendly local wildlife, too!
Bedtime has never felt sweeter than when pulling back the crisp cotton sheets on an antique superking canopy bed, in a room featuring outstanding private floor to ceiling private forest views. Why not inspire a perfectly dreamy mood by indulging yourselves with a soak in the freestanding bath first? A roomy monsoon shower also awaits you in the opulent bathroom, together with an infra-red double sauna and plenty of sweet-scented toiletries...not to mention amazing views from the windows. You may very well find you spend the majority of your stay escaping the outside world in your very own Scottish hideaway!
For an extra helping of luxury, why not step outside and into the sunken, perfectly lit beachcomber tub, featuring one of the best hot tub views you'll find in the whole of Scotland, and providing the most amazing setting for stargazing in the unpolluted night sky? You may even catch the Aurora up make a wish on a shooting star!
If you feel in need of even more relaxation, why not book an in-house massage and feel yourself drift away to new levels of relaxation?
You may feel so indulged that you won't feel the need to venture out at all. If you do, you'll find Knoydart itself blissfully free from distraction, with no street lighting, pollution, roads or mobile masts to be found. The perfect place to reconnect and get away from it all - together. Wifi throughout lets you keep in touch when you want to.
Knoydart has a vibrant local community with a full program of highland ceilidhs and traditional folk music held locally which you are very welcome to dip into while staying at Knoydart Hide.
If you're a keen walker and familiar with un-signposted ramblings, you'll love exploring the forest. You can also take a private Land Rover tour, take a cookery class for two, or even charter a boat to haul creels and catch langoustines and lobsters for dinner while watching the local wildlife stags, eagles, pine martins, seals, dolphin and otters breakfast at dawn up. Go minke whale spotting, wild swimming or order a picnic to take to your very remote island by boat for lunch.
If you've always wondered what being in the lap of luxury really means, then with a stay at Knoydart Hide you're sure to find out. So grab your loved one and whisk yourselves away to the wondrous wilderness, where pure, unadulterated indulgence awaits.
Things to note
Mobile in-suite massage services are available, no smoking permitted, pets are welcomed on prior arrangement at a cost of £30 per dog per stay (maximum 2 dogs), pet bowls/towels/treats are available, short breaks are possible, enquire for details.