- BBQ for guests use.
- Large outdoor space with 3 acres of land for families to enjoy in the grounds.
- Open fire.
- Stunning views.
- Close to the beach.
Good To Know
- Head to the beach from Knockinaam House. There's also a Shop approx 4 miles.
- Please kindly note this is a pet free home.
- High chair and cot available on request.
- Safe ample parking for 6 cars.
- Bike storage available.
- For dining out options you can choose from several restaurants all within driving distance by Crown Hotel,Campbells and The Harbour House and Fernhill Hotel all in Portpatrick.
- The house also has a BBQ with alfresco patio dining out area and furniture for family gatherings with friends.
- The Old Colfin Creamery is 1 mile walk from Knockinaam andrecommended for lunches and evening meals close by.
- Knockinaam Lodge Hotel offers fine dining and a culinary experience for celebratory stays only 1mile from the house.
- Close to glorious beaches a firm favourite is Luce Bay beach. Gorgeous scenery and a lovely climate - the Gulf Stream makes for a mild climate all year round.
- Walk the Mull of Galloway Trail, a footpath from Stranraer to Galloway.
- Visit the Mull of Galloway, Scotland's most southerly point, home and the location of an RSPB reserve with a great variety of species including guillemots, kittiwakes and puffins.
- Take the circular walk round the cliff top to see if you can spot pods of porpoises in the bay.
- There are no fewer than five stunning gardens to visit including Logan Botanic Gardens, Castle Kennedy Gardens, Ardwell and Glenwhan.
- The Galloway Forest offers exceptional walking and cycling, including the world famous 7Stanes cycle trail. It is also a designated Dark Sky Park.
- There are several golf courses within easy reach of Knockinaam House including Portpatrick and Wigtownshire County, an 18-hole true links course.1 hour to Turnberry.
- Get active go zip wiring with the kids, or sail to Ireland for the day!
Bow fronted beauty for families nestled in the Lee of Knockinaam Wood just 5 minutes drive from the traditional fishing village of Portpatrick.
A stay at Knockinaam House offers both privacy and comfort for up to 8 guests looking for a luxury self-catering stay near Portpatrick .
Ideally equipped for a large family and friends with three double rooms and one twin room overlooking tranquil rolling hills with a glimpse of the Irish Sea beyond. The House has large French windows leading from the dining hall which allows the outside in and creates a beautiful space for socialising. Outside there is a relax area with paved area and outdoor furniture and with over 3 acres of land outside to run and play families will enjoy the freedom a holiday at Knockinaam provides.
The house has a BBQ for alfresco dining perfect for making the most of the stunning location. The kitchen at Knockinaam has been thoughtfully stocked with all the cooking utensils and equipment you will need for a family stay. When you want a cook's night off there are plenty of great options for dining out with there are plenty of great restaurants, cafés and bars to suit special occasions, light lunches and family gatherings.
Entertainment comes by way of 2 Freeview Smart TV's and DVD player with Sky Freeview TV channels or you can cosy up by the open fire in the sitting room for relaxing nights in. Your accommodation comprises of 3 double bedrooms and one twin bedroom. The master bedroom at Knockinaam has an en-suite shower room and there's an additional shower room and bathroom on the first floor with cloakroom downstairs for guests use. All season duvets are provided super-warm for winter and extra light for the summer as well as plump soft pillows.
The house is centrally heated throughout with an open fireplace in the living room, which ensures the house is always warm, and all heating, electricity and a starter supply of firewood is included in your rental. There's wifi throughout for keeping you connected.There's plenty of room at Knockinaam with space inside for drying waterproofs and storing outdoor gear, private parking on site for up to 6 cars and secure bike storage.
The wildlife at in and around this beautiful area includes a rich and diverse habitat for birds being close to the Mull of Galloway Scotland's most southerly point, home and the location of an RSPB reserve with a great variety of species including guillemots, kittiwakes and puffins.
A 5 minutes drive will take you to Portpatrick a quaint and picturesque traditional fishing village. There are a number of beautiful gardens at the Rhins of Galloway and a visit to the lighthouse and its visitor centre makes for fun day out with the family. Take a circular walk round the cliff tops or experience the Logan Botanic Gardens and Castle Kennedy Gardens. The famous 7 Stanes cycle traii in the Galloway Forest offer endless cycle tracks and paths to explore for all ages. Knockinaam is close to several golf courses including Portpatrick and Wigtownshire County, an 18-hole true links course. For walkers Knockinaam is close to the Southern Upland Way and the beach is under 5 miles from your holiday house perfect for beach strolls, shell collecting and beachcombing. With little or no light pollution and as a designated Dark Sky area, you can sit back in an evening and catch a glimpse of the Milky Way, Orions Belt, the Big Dipper or wish upon a shooting star.
Knockinaam House has all the comforts of home with special touches throughout yet offers privacy, and luxury, where you can get close to nature, relax amongst friends and create some very special family memories.
Weekly rentals from £575 to £1050 per week.
Couples discounts available on request.
Low Season : From £575
Mid Season : From £690
High Season : From £780
Peak Season : From £940
Festive Season From : £1050
A deposit of £200, payable on booking. Balance due strictly 4 weeks before arrival. In the event of cancellation, deposit and balance are non-returnable. As with all standard bookings we recommend holiday insurance.
"Amazingly Gorgeous House - This house was stunning, my mum and dad wanted to move in. The decor is lovely and so comfortable feeling. It's a home from home. It is so spacious, with 3 double beds and a table. The downstairs and really large with a stunning big kitchen and seating area, separate large dining and 2 sitting areas one with a log fire. Our family loved the forest surrounding the house and the outside area the kids loved playing in. The house was spotless and lovely and warm when we arrived. We loved our weekend here, the kids plus granny and grandad never wanted to leave. Will be back next year."
"Fantastic Stay - We had a great holiday at the Knockinaam house. There was my parents, my wife and I and our 20 month daughter and my sister, brother in law and little boy of 5 months. Even with all of us the cottage seemed spacious and allowed us to have a lovely time. Very well laid out with a lovely big central kitchen and large dining table. 3 toilets and 4 bedrooms meant we were not on top of each other and the 2 livings rooms meant we had one for playing with the kids and one for relaxing in the evening when they had gone to bed. It's a lovely location too. My daughter loved seeing the cows & sheeps from the front garden porch every morning. It's nice and quiet but your not far at all from port patrick or stranraer or the many beaches. I would also highly recommend the nearby old colfin creamery for food . I would highly recommend the cottage for a family looking to get away from it all.
"Superb Location Amazing House - The house is set in its own grounds with a large patio and plenty of space for the kids to have a run and explore. Next door is a large field with 10 sheep and views across farmland and forest in all directions. The house has 4 large bedrooms and excellent wifi and kitchen. Two lounges as well for relaxing in the evening. A great location to explore the Rhins and further afield. We were 4 adults and 3 children but there was tons of space for all of us. Highly recommended and with the sun out every day until 9.30pm and temperatures hitting 25 there are no complaints".