- Renovated to an exceptionally high standard with luxury furnishings.
- We love the private barrel sauna with stunnong views of the garden.
- Uninterrupted sea views from the private garden and many of the rooms.
- Watch dolphins swim past whilst enjoying the private decked terrace and garden.
- Open plan living space with wood burning stove for cooler months.
Good To Know
- Sleeps 4.
- Good mobile signal.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- You'll be spoiled for choices for great places to eat, whether its a coffee and a cake in Inverness to fine dining in the City.
- 2 minuteswalk from the Cottage you'll find the North kessock Hotel and White Cottage Coffee Shop.
- Visit The Dores Inn in a spectacular setting on the shores of South Loch Ness approx. 8 miles from Inverness, offering good pub meals and steaks.
- Rocpool Reserve, an Albert Roux creation with Michelin Star. Booking essential. 5-star dining luxury in the heart of Inverness, fresh ingredients, simply prepared.
- Café 1 - simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere - an Inverness favourite.
- There are a number of great restaurants, cafes and bars serving seafood, Chinese, Indian, Highland fare or traditional pub food in Inverness.
- Hootenanny's and Macgregor's Bar often host live music and traditional sessions where you can hear fiddles and pipes into the small hours.
- The River House is situated on the banks of the River Ness, serving fresh seafood and shellfish, sourced locally and beyond.
- Visit the new restaurantt at Fortrose IV10.
- Look out for the dolphins from the foorstep of your shoreside cottage!
- Drive to the romantic Eilean Donan Castle or take a Loch Ness cruise which sails daily up Loch Ness with stunning scenery amid dramatic highland landscapes.
- Whisky lovers will love the distilleries on the famous Strathspey Whisky Trail.
- High quality salmon fishing literally on your doorstep including stalking, shooting. golf and more or go dolphin spotting on the Moray Firth.
- Inverness has great shopping, bars and restaurants where MacGregors Bar or Hootenanny's often feature live traditional Scottish folk music.
- Take in the magnificent ruins of Urquhart Castle, Clava Cairns or walk the Great Glen Way.The spectacular wildlife, deep purple mountains and waterfalls, haunting lochs and beautiful beaches are yours to explore.
- make the trip to Culloden from your accommodation you can walk through Culloden Battlefield, scene of the final conflict of the Jacobite Rebellion, or visit Cawdor Castle to discover its links to the tragic story of Macbeth.
Watch dolphins whilst relaxing in the garden of this beautifully restored, luxury seashore cottage - close to castles, history, battlegrounds and Loch Ness the perfect base for exploring Inverness and the Scottish Highlands.
Beautifully restored coastal cottage
A former fishermen's net drying house, beautifully converted and now offering luxury accommodation on the seashore in a small village on the Black Isle, just north of Inverness. This cottage has been restored to an exceptionally high standard throughout whilst retaining its character and charm. The open plan living space centres around the wood burning stove, with ample seating for relaxing in front of the fire during the cooler months and the contemporary kitchen offers generous worktop space and is well equipped with modern appliances including a fridge/freezer, oven, hob and grill, dishwasher and microwave.
There is also a separate utility room with a washing machine and drying room. Well-proportioned bedrooms have been completed with quality, colour coordinating furnishings and can happily accommodate up to 4 adults and 2 children in two bedrooms comprising of 1 double, 1 twin and 1 double sofa bed. The cottage benefits from an enclosed garden perfect for children and a cot and highchair are available upon request. From the outdoor decked space, where there is a BBQ and a table and seating for 4, you can readily enjoy views over the Beauly Firth towards the mountains on the west coast; many of the rooms also boast spending views of the surrounding scenery. Visitors often delight in seeing dolphins swimming past as they relax in the garden.
In an idyllic village location
Fisherman's Cottage is in the perfect location for exploring the Scottish Highlands; Loch Ness is just 30 minutes away. The property sits on the edge of the village of North Kessock and has a tea shop, pub and convenience store all within walking distance of the cottage. Dolphin cruises are available on the Moray Firth and there is a pony trekking centre just 10 minutes away and golf courses can be found at both Inverness and Fortrose. Naturally, being so close to the sea, there are many lovely beaches nearby. There is an enclosed garden so very safe for children - and there is lots for them to do in the area. Being by the sea, there are lovely beaches nearby you can go there by a regular bus service if you want to leave the car behind. The village of North Kessock has a tea shop, pub and shop, all within easy walking distance.
The city of Inverness is a great place to explore and is just 10 minutes' drive away and there are regular bus services available locally should you wish to leave the car behind. You might like to visit Inverness Castle, Inverness Cathedral or Inverness Botanic Gardens or Inverness Museum and Art Gallery during your stay. Other attractions within a few kilometres of the property include Chanonry Point Lighthouse, Clava Cairns which are well-preserved Bronze Age ruins, Fort George or Beauly Priory. You can walk through Culloden Battlefield, scene of the final conflict of the Jacobite Rebellion, or visit Cawdor Castle to discover its links to the tragic story of Macbeth. Follow the Outlander trail - you can pick up an Outlander map from Visit Scotland information centre before you go. Drive to the romantic Eilean Donan Castle or take a Loch Ness cruise which sails daily up Loch Ness with stunning scenery amid dramatic highland landscapes - Look out for Nessie! The spectacular wildlife, deep purple mountains and waterfalls, haunting lochs and beautiful beaches are yours to explore.
Rates : From £165 per night.
"Fisherman's cottage surpassed our expectations, Hazel Bell gave us a lovely warm welcome which got our holidays off to a great start. The cottage is done to a very high standard comfortable and beautifully situated , all you need has been thought of and provided for. If we come back to North Kessock we would not hesitate to book with Hazel Bell again."
"The view was beautiful and right by the sea. Easy access to town. House was very clean, warm and modern and felt homely. Also loved the touch of having a Christmas tree as we stayed in December. The host was very accommodating. Will definitely stay again."
"Simple, nicely decorated with beautiful sea view & quiet neighbourhood. A place to spot dolphins & seals. (Keep a look out!! They will follow the tide in)"
"Everything. It was home from home. All the little things made a big difference. I would 100% recommended this property. The best we have stayed in. Thank you."
The house was just fantastic and the owner decorated the house with an excellent taste. It felt like coming home, it was the perfect location.
Everything was perfect Amazing cottage A perfect home with all comforts. Amazing place! Perfect all the way. Attention to details, space, comfort, clean, location, everything. We wish we have stayed much longer. Thank you, Hazel!
More than well equipped and loved the little touches like fresh flowers. Fantastic views and great location.