- Large outdoor hot tub perfect for sunset sipping and star gazing.
- Outdoor decking, perfect for summer BBQ's.
- We love the stunning cathedral styled ceiling with natural stone central chimney breast feature. with in built sundial that gorgeous large open plan living room/kitchen with vaulted ceilings in the living room and wood burner.
- Warm underfoot with underfloor heating throughout and wood burning stove.
- Waterfront location where you can watch the yachts peacefully slip by.
Good To Know
- Wifi throughout.
- Please kindly note that this is a pet free property due to ponies and hens on the nearby croft.
- Secure parking close by.
- Travel cot, child table and chair available on request.
- Shortbreaks of 2 nights or longer in low season.
- Dining out locally offers a fabulous array of eating experiences.
- Former SOE estate house Arisaig House or The Old Library at Arisaig are just 10 minutes away by car.
- In the fishing village of Morar you can choose from friendly local inns where folk music abounds at The Steam Inn and The Clachan. The Fish market restaurant offers daily catches and the West Highland Hotel has a gorgeous dining room overlooking Mallaig and the small isles with fine dining for celebratory stays.
- Buy freshly baked handmade breads, foccacias, spelt, sourdough, lattes and cakes to go at the Old Quay Bakehouse in Mallaig or why not try Artisan pizzas on their crannog at the end of the pier.
- For relaxed dining in the nearby villlage of Arisaig you can choose between Cafe Rhu and the Arisaig Hotel or a little further afield you can experience The Glenfinnan House Hotel or the quirky Glenfinnan Dining Car which is a refurbished railcoach offering snacks and lunches.
- The walking is outstanding in every direction from the Roshven Hills, Glenfinnan, Mallaig to Tarbet and day trips to Knoydart.
- The Land, Sea and Islands Centre in Arisaig village has a fascinating display on the connection between the SOE and Arisaig to discover.
- For the freshest of seafood and shellfish visit the local fishmongers Andy Race or try some of Jaffy's award winning smoked kippers.
- Book a trek with Silversands Trekking Centre near Arisaig and discover saddlebound miles of beach riding.
- The most Westerly course on the UK mainland , Traigh Golf is close by with a stunning 9 hole small course.
- Explore the coastline with Arisaig Sea Kayak Centre who offer guided Kayak tours for guests by direct prior booking.
- Arisaig Marine offers whale watching trips - go looking for dolphin and seals or take a day trips to the Inner hebrides, Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Canna and Rum.
- Book a Sea fishing adventure with Minch adventures or let them guide you by open canoe on Loch Morar.
- Catch the Hogwarts Express (Jacobite steam train) in the summer months from Fort William to Mallaig over the Glenfinnan monument.
A luxury lodge at the head of Rhu in Arisaig with wildly romantic views of the bay and the islands of Eigg and Rum, with a bubbling outdoor hot tub and crackling wood burning stove.
Location, location, location.
Eshaness has it all. Situated in its own grounds on croft land at the head of Rhu in Arisaig and offers a stunning holiday location for 6 guests. Superb accommodation commanding the finest views of Arisaig Bay and the islands of Eigg and Rum and further afield lie the islands of Skye, the Small Isles, Knoydart Peninsula and Ardnamurchan (Britain's most westerly point) all waiting to be explored.
Beautiful sugar white sandy beaches are yours to enjoy and it's also one of the best locations in the west coast for launching kayaks from the bay at Arisaig letting you explore the islands off the Rhu peninsula. Walking or biking enthusiasts will delight in it's scenic and safe biking routes along the coast as well as its close proximity to stunning beaches, and what is considered one of the most beautiful nine-hole golf courses in the world. Its idyllic location, luxury accommodation and outdoor hot tub make it the perfect holiday getaway.
Your luxury lodge
Eshaness offers three beautifully furnished bedrooms (sleeping a maximum of 6 guests). The rooms comprise of one king size double master room with shower room, built in wardrobe, en suite shower and toilet, a twin-bedded room and one further double bedroom with Velux windows and access to an upstairs sitting area. Open plan sitting room / kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, bathroom, utility room, and sitting area upstairs. All bed linen and towels are provided and electricity is included in the tariff. A travel cot can be provided on request as well as a high chair and toddler small table for the little people in your party.
There is an open plan sitting room/kitchen area and the kitchen has everything you could possibly wish for, ideal for al your holiday catering requirements with oven and separate grill, microwave, dishwasher, solid plate hob and fridge/freezer. Patio doors open out from the kitchen onto the decking and you can relax with your breakfast coffee at the outdoor picnic table. Pull up a deck chair and pour yourself a glass of fizz while you keep an eye on the BBQ. The downstairs sitting room has Freeview TV and DVD player for relaxing film night in. For guests comfort, Eshaness house also has recently installed air conditioning and free Wi-Fi so you can remain cool and connected during your stay. Pad across warm floors underfoot on the underfloor heating throughout and in the cooler months there's a cosy log burning stove to curl up in front of. Upstairs there is a quiet cosy sitting area with superb views through a glass balcony where you can watch the ever-changing light on the croft out front. There is also a separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer great for walking and wet weather gear.
Architecturally designed with featured windows throughout to maximise the amazing views across Arisaig Bay to the Scurr of Eigg and peaks of Rum with a stunning natural feature stone chimney which reaches up to the cathedral ceiling and incorporates a sundial. It is a delight in the evenings to relax and watch the setting sun sliding behind the islands.
Eshaness is located within walking distance of Arisaig Shop, train station, 10 minutes on foot, (passing the Harry Potter Bridge), bus stop, local hotels and Arisaig Marina where it is possible to take trips on the MV Shearwater to the islands of Eigg, Rum and Muck. Its situation on the family croft is a delight with ponies and hens nearby and is only a 5-minute walk into Arisaig village. During the summer, take a trip on the MV Sheerwater from Arisaig Boatyard out to the islands of Eigg, Rum and Muck with regular sightings of porpoises and whales. There is also Traigh Golf nearby, situated by the beaches and is the most westerly golf course perfect for a round of 9 holes when the mood takes you. There is so much to do from the front door of Eshaness without having to get in the car! You can walk or cycle to explore the Rhu Peninsula with its fantastic views and abundance of wildlife including deer, otters, buzzards and seals. The Larrochmore Gardens make for an enjoyable walking experience no matter what time of year and are particularly delightful in springtime. There is also a great opportunity for open water swimming in the bay.
You are spoiled for choice for places to eat out. There's fresh seafood landed all within 7 miles of your doorstep, venison and some great pubs with lively Scottish folk music. Don't forget to pay a visit to the Crofters Rest at the Arisaig Hotel where the Arisaig Acoustic Club usually has some live traditional music with fiddles, pipes and accordions most Sunday afternoons.
The beaches are one of the most stunning features of the local area and have a carribean-esque feel with emeralds and turquoise waters to set off the white sands and sparkling clear waters. The largest beach at Camusdarach was made famous in the film ‘Local Hero' and is one of the west coast's best kept secrets. Fort William is known as the Outdoor capital of the UK and in just a 45 min drive you can be at the base of Ben Nevis, Scotland's highest mountain. The bike tracks in summer are phenomenal as are the views from the gondola. Stop off for a spot of lunch at the top. In the winter you can go snow boarding, skiing and sledding at the Snowsports Centre. Ben Nevis is also the host to the 6-day bike trials and the MTB downhill championships where the world descends in Fort William for the very best mountain biking in the world. In Arisaig you have the Land, Sea and Islands centre where you can learn all about the SOE Special Operation executive and the history of the changing landscape of the surrounding area.
Mallaig is a 15 min drive taking the coastal route and is the local fishing port with numerous places to drink and eat. There are friendly local pubs and seafood restaurants as well as craft shops, electric bike hire and wildlife cruises on the water. You can take the ferry from Mallaig to Skye with your car or head to the Small Isles for an adventure before returning to your base at Eshaness.
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Eshaness. Everything you need in a holiday home and more. Great location with lovely views to Eigg and Arisaig Bay. Superb"
"The best accommodation in Arisaig; love the views and the outdoor Jacuzzi!"
Conditions of Booking:
Prices range from £820 (low season) to £1200 (high season). Electricity and bed linen are included in the price. Guests are able to enter the property from 4 pm onwards on day of arrival and vacate by 10 am on day of departure.
Easter, Whit Week, June, July, Aug, Sept £1200
March, April, May, October from £1000
November, December, January & February from £820
Christmas and New Year (on application)
Let's are on a weekly basis Saturday to Saturday but short breaks are also available off season (November until early March) with a minimum of 2 nights. Please kindly note that this is a pet free property due to the neighbouring hens and ponies on the croft, thank you.
Electricity and bed linen are included in the price. Short breaks are also available off season (minimum of 2 nights). Guests are able to enter Eshaness from 4pm on day of arrival and vacate by 10am on the day of departure. Eshaness is non-smoking throughout thank you and children are to be supervised in the hot tub at all times.