- Lawned garden with shared courtyard, garden furniture and barbecue
- 4-acre natural shared woodland.
- Craigadam has a private pond in the garden 5 yards away from the house and a loch in the grounds 800 yards away.
- Romantic orchard on the grounds.
- 3 bathrooms all rooms en-suite.
- African,Florentine, Scottish and themed rooms.
Good To Know
- Biomass central heating.
- All electrivity, towels and linen provided for your stay.
- Wi-Fi included.
- Travel Cot and Highchair on request.
- Pets welcome on request (leads required and small surcharge applies thank you.)
- Secure Bike Store.
- Ample parking on site for up to 3 cars.
- Guests Welcome pack on arrival.
- BBQ available for guests.
- Craigadam House is situated close to Craigadam Country House Hotel where guests can choose to book breakfast and or evening meals on request.
- The owners also run a Country Larder farm shop nearby where guests of the Cottage can purchase fresh local produce such as lamb, pheasant, venison, royal game sausages delivered to the cottage for your stay.
- Choose from an array of excellent dining out options and local pubs including The Laurie Arms Hotel in the Hough of Urr, Nico's Greek restaurant in Castle Douglas and Luigis Restaurant in Dalbeattie.
- Try Clay pigeon shooting avalable nearby from Andrew Case.
- The Galloway Sailing Centre offers great sailing opportunities for fun days out on Loch Ken with family and friends.
- Visit Dalbeattie Castle or Threaves Castle and Gardens.
- Troon Ayr and Turnberry Golf Courses are all within 50 miles of Craigadam with choices of 9 or 18 holes or challenge your self on the Solway Links course at Southerness.
- Ideally located for daytrips to Dumfries House (approx 1hr 20mins).
- Take a day trip to Drumlanrig Castle. Plenty of beautiful woodland walks and paths to explore in and around Craigadam Cottage.
- Craigadam is close to 5 of the 7 Stanes, home to some of Europes best mountain bike trails including 7 Stanes Dalbeattie, Mabie, Ae,Kirroughtree and Glentrool.
Swap bustling city life for this quirky stone built African, Florentine and Scottish theme roomed cosy cottage, on an estate with its own private orchard and pond. This charming self-catering cottage with three en-suite twin bedrooms sits in the private Craigadam estate with its own orchard.
Craigadam Cottage is a stones throw from Craigadam Country House Hotel as part of the estate grounds where you can be as independent or spoiled as you choose. Enjoy being catered for if you on request with breakfasts or evening meals available in the hotel exclusively for guests of Craigadam Cottage and Country House. Guests are very welcome to use the hotel's facilities free of charge, including a snooker room and bar for relaxing after a day out on the hills.
Beautifully presented this refurbished detached cottage is located in a hugely popular area with walkers and cyclists of all abilities. All rooms are en suite twins and have been thoughfully presented with comfortable furnishings with Freeview TV in all rooms as standard. The luxury fitted kitchen offers all youll need for a comfortable stay with cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. Throw open the downstairs French doors to the garden space where there's a Gas BBQ for alfresco dining and gather by the orchard in the evening for pre-dinner drinks or dining alfresco.
Craigadam has a Biomass central heating installed and the rental includes all electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi for guests use. If required a travel cot and highchair can be made available on request. Out front there is a beautiful lawned garden and there is also a secure bike storage area for guests bringing bicycles with them on their stay. Families are very welcome at Craigadam - please note that the property has an unfenced pond in the garden 5 yards away from the front door and a loch in the grounds 800 yards away.
The well known Dalbeattie 7 Stanes cycling trail is close to Craigadam and there are many stunning sandy beaches and forest trails to go explore together. The surrounding area offers a wealth of activities including golf courses, sailing, horse riding, cycling, walking and fishing including tennis courts and swimming pools in nearby Kirkcudbright, Castle Douglas and Dumfries.
The many coastal villages of the Isle of Whithorn, Port William, known as the ‘Machars of Galloway' and presented with the ‘Pride of Galloway' award, and the popular village of Portpatrick with stunning views over the North Channel to the Irish coast are all waiting to be explored. You can even take a day trip to Ireland from Cairnryan. Dumfriesoffers some great shopping with a diverse cjice of good restaurants, culture, museums and a theatre. Castle Douglas is also known as Scotlands Food Town and is also a great destination to visit while on holiday here.
The estate has its own Country Larder Shop which stocks quality home produce including organic lamb, pheasant, venison, Royal game sausages, patés and more. You can pre-order online or through the shop in advance of arrival with fresh produce delivered direct to the Cottage.Your only moments away from nature when stepping outside your front door, including deer, sheep, Highland Cows and Red Kites. Go exploring along the many beautiful beaches along the Solway coast, the nearest being approx. 10 miles away. Dumfries and Galloway is rich golfing country with no less than thirty-four golf courses of varying kinds. Troon, Ayr and Turnberry, are all within fifty miles of Craigadam. All the courses have different settings; choose from links courses to hill slopes inland with a choice of 9 or 18 holes and a variety of challenges.
Experience a round at Thornhill where Andrew Coltart honed his skills or try the challenge of the famous Solway links course at Southerness, designed by Mackenzie Ross in 1947. Tee off at Stranraer, the last course to be designed by James Braid or admire the views from Colvend or Wigtownshire County. With a choice of 30 courses you will be spoiled for choice whether its a serous golfing break or just getting a few rounds in while on holiday. There are also several driving ranges and golf professionals locally to help you hone your skills. Off the course, you'll find a warm welcome in the clubhouse or the local pubs and restaurants and the courses are family friendly.
Craigadam is perfectly placed for 5 of the 7 Stanes, home to some of Europes best mountain bike trails including 7 Stanes Dalbeattie, Mabie, Ae, Kirroughtree and Glentrool. You cant help but unwind on a holiday at Craigadam. Ideal for special celebrations, birthdays, famliy stays or getaways from the hustle and bustle of city life where you can be as active or as relaxed as you choose.
£150 per night, sleeping 6 guests. Pets welcome on request (a small surcharge applies).
Guests Comments :
"Thanks celia and richard for a great week in the cottage. We really enjoyed our stay. The cottage was great, the rooms really big and the daily gifts of fresh bread and cakes were a great touch. The boys enjoyed snooker too on your full size table. Cycling was fantastic on very quiet lanes. Hope to see you again."
"Lovely place to stay great accommodation and associated guest accessible areas ,staff very friendly ,I'd go again for sure."
"Lovely place and fabulous hosts! We arrived to a home make cake!! Definitely worth a stay!"
"Craigadam has its own charm we could not resist. We were staying as 2 couples with 2 kids under 2 and we had a wonderful time. Lodge is perfect size for 2-3 couples with kids and all bedrooms are a great size and on-suite bathrooms. Breakfast in the main house was amazing and we really enjoyed our stay. We had a really crap weather for a day but staying in the lodge was very enjoyable and the sheltered central courtyard was a nice option on a rainy day. There was even a sandpit available that our children enjoyed a lot. Hopefully next time we will be able to explore walks available straight from the lodge. Also, the location offers a lot of attractions within up to 20mins drive - especially for the little ones. We can't wait to be back to see other things we missed out on this occasion."