Carrick Shore, Gatehouse of Fleet, Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 2DT, Scotland
- Four remote controlled velux windows situated aboved the bed which star gazers will love!
- Moments away from the Carrick Shore and sandy beach of Carrick Bay.
- Peaceful and tranquil location with numerous beautiful walks all around.
- Raised decking area perfect for nightcaps under the stars, sunsets with sauvignon or morning coffee alfresco.
Good To Know
- 2 TV's with Freeview for guests use.
- Secure parking on site.
- Wall mounted radiators and heated towel rail in bathroom.
- A small wood store shed which has sunloungers at the rear of the bothy.
- Up to 1 well behaved pet welcome.
- Charcoal BBQ in situ for relaxing evenings.
- Plenty of great dining out options available; Gatehouse (4 miles drive) - Basecamp at Laggan Outdoor, with spectacular views over the coastline, Galloway Lodge, The Cally Hotel, Masonic Arms.
- Kirkcudbright (8 miles drive) - The Selkirk Hotel, Polarbites - for excellent Fish & Chips, Mulberries Cafe and The Station House Cookery School's new restaurant.
- Castle Douglas (15 miles drive) - Mr Pooks Kitchen, Designs Gallery & Cafe, Carlo's Italian, Threave Garden.
- A walkers paradise plentiful low level coastal walks and more challenging routes Rockliffe to Kippford, River Dee Walk from Kirkcudbright, Loch Trool Loop, Galloway Forest Park, Glenkiln Reservoir Walk, Criffel Circular walk and many others to enjoy.
- Wild swim in Carrick Bay, rent kayaks, windsurfers or canoes.
- Visit Kirkcudbright (8 miles) with an active fishing fleet. The artists historical town Kirkcudbright Galleries, The Whitehouse Gallery, for artwork, jewellery and crafts.
- Head to Gatehouse of Fleet (4 miles) to Cardoness Castle, a 15th century Tower house or see an old working Mill.
- Be enchanted by Threave Castle at Castle Douglas (15 miles) which was a seat of the powerful "Black" Earls of Douglas and take in Threave Gardens or Drumlanrig Castle.
- Zip wires, clays and segway fun at Laggan Outdoors.
- Cream O' Galloway icecream makers and adventure park or The Cocoa Bean Company chocolate makers adventure park.
- 7 Stanes Glentrool with massive cycling trails.
- Dumfries Ice Bowl ice skating rink.
A luxury beachside bothy for two, overlooking Carrick Bay; a tranquil escape with views to die for, above bed remote controlled stargazer windows with cosy wood burning stove for relaxed nights in with someone special.
With a spot on location you don't get closer to the sea than this. Bird's Nest is on the shore of Carrick Bay, Gatehouse-of-fleet and next to Owl Cote the owners second property (sleeping 5), but discretely separate - The Bird's Nest all 600 sq. of luxury new build designed for an intimate beachside escape for two.
Flooded with natural daylight the property is an open plan design with one large room cleverly designed with separate areas for cooking, eating, sleeping and relaxing and a separate designated bathroom area. Goose down duvets and sumptuous linens are provided. The kitchen has a fridge freezer, microwave with grill, kettle, toaster, 2-ring hob, cutlery, crockery and cookware.
If you fancy a spot of outdoor cooking there's a two-ring hot plate and charcoal barbeque available as well, or why not take your sauvignon out onto the raised deck at Bird's Nest and enjoy the stunning sunsets over Carrick Bay.
A wood burning multi fuel stove is just what you want for curling up in the evenings on a winters night and relaxing in front of the fire or choose from 2 TV's offering a Freeview package for guests.
Guests can make the most of the amazing Dark Skies with 4 remote controlled velux windows above your bed for stargazers to enjoy instant access to the glittering night sky above.
There are numerous beautiful walks to be had at the beach and around Carrick shore. For chilled out days and relaxing you can take gentle strolls along the seashore and enjoy the stunning views from your front door. For the more adventurous there are lots of places to visit of historical interest with galleries, shops, restaurants, fishing villages, castles, zip wires, chocolate factories and even an ice-cream factory. Segway fun and zip wire adventures can be had at Laggan Outdoor Centre or visit the Castle and Gardens at Threave.
The area is renowned for it's walking - low level, hills, coastal or scenic you will be spoiled for choice. Don't forget to take your bikes if you enjoy trail riding as 7stanes offers exhilarating and energetic routes for all levels of MTB as well as gentler cycle paths.
Secure parking for guests' cars is available onsite.
Birds Nest enjoys an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Wake up with a wild swim, go sailing, windsurfing or canoeing out front in the bay. For a less energetic day just allow the wild beauty of this beachfront bothy to soothe your soul and allow special reconnection time for two.
(Minimum 3 nights required. Flexible arrival days all year.)
Sept 2nd - Dec 15th £450 week
Xmas / New Year £650
Jan 5th - Mar 30th £375
April 6th - Sept 7th £575
Sept 14th - Dec 14th £450
Terms and Conditions :
Weekly rentals Saturday to Saturday between April and October. 3 night short break stays stays are available outwith this period, with mid week arrivals possible on request.
A deposit of £140.00 is payable on reservation, with the balance becoming due either 8 weeks prior to arrival or immediately should the booking be within the 8 weeks of arrival date.
An additional £100.00 Damage Bond cheque will be requested on confirmation of booking, which will be returned once the property has been vacated in the same condition as at the rental start date, and the return of all keys. Each lost key will be charged at £20.00.
Guest Comments :
"What an amazing break we have had. Too short and we will be back certainly. Thank you for the wine and cake! Much appreciated". - Jes and Jean, Cumbria
"Had a lovely sunny break in The Birds Nest. So peaceful and relaxing. Love the furnishings and style of the studio. Everything made for a relaxing holiday and we would love to come back again! Thank you." - Holly and Ruaraidh,Glasgow
"We have just had an amazing holiday in this beautiful cottage. Fantastic country, great weather and the Wine and Cake was much appreciated. Thank you!" Adele & Wayne - Hartlepool
"A welcome return to the Birds Nest, and this time with my Sister Sarah. A weekend full of memories" -.Vicki J
"A beautiful cosy cottage for two in a beautiful place. This is our 4th visit to Carrick,. Thank you. - J & B Armitage
"A really cozy nook. Very enjoyable and hopefully we may be able to return some day in the future. - Marlene & Barry
"A very special week with mixed weather but who cares when you come "home" to the Birds Nest! A brilliant base for exploring places half familiar and seeing family at Mossyard. Many thanks". - Rebecca, Mike and Sprout!