- Four remote controlled velux windows situated aboved the bed which star gazers will love!
- Moments away from the Carrick Shore and sandy beach of Carrick Bay.
- Peaceful and tranquil location with numerous beautiful walks all around.
- Raised decking area perfect for nightcaps under the stars, sunsets with sauvignon or morning coffee alfresco.
Good To Know
- 2 TV's with Freeview for guests use.
- Wi-Fi throughout.
- Secure parking on site.
- Wall mounted radiators and heated towel rail in bathroom.
- A small wood store shed which has sunloungers at the rear of the bothy.
- Up to 1 well behaved pet welcome.
- Charcoal BBQ in situ for relaxing evenings.
- Plenty of great dining out options available; Gatehouse (4 miles drive) - Gather at Laggan Outdoor, with spectacular views over the coastline, Galloway Lodge, The Cally Hotel, Masonic Arms.
- Kirkcudbright (8 miles drive) - The Selkirk Hotel, Polarbites - for excellent Fish & Chips, Mulberries Cafe and The Station House Cookery School's new restaurant.
- Castle Douglas (15 miles drive) - Mr Pooks Kitchen, Designs Gallery & Cafe, Carlo's Italian, Threave Garden.
- A walkers paradise plentiful low level coastal walks and more challenging routes Rockliffe to Kippford, River Dee Walk from Kirkcudbright, Loch Trool Loop, Galloway Forest Park, Glenkiln Reservoir Walk, Criffel Circular walk and many others to enjoy.
- Wild swim in Carrick Bay, safe for kayaks, windsurfers or canoes.
- Visit Kirkcudbright (8 miles) with an active fishing fleet. The artists historical town Kirkcudbright Galleries, The Whitehouse Gallery, for artwork, jewellery and crafts.
- Head to Gatehouse of Fleet (4 miles) to Cardoness Castle, a 15th century Tower house or see an old working Mill.
- Be enchanted by Threave Castle at Castle Douglas (15 miles) which was a seat of the powerful "Black" Earls of Douglas and take in Threave Gardens or Drumlanrig Castle.
- Cream O' Galloway icecream makers and adventure park or The Cocoa Bean Company chocolate makers adventure park.
- 7 Stanes Glentrool with massive cycling trails.
- Dumfries Ice Bowl ice skating rink.
A luxury beachside bothy for two, overlooking Carrick Bay; a tranquil escape with exceptional views, above bed remote controlled stargazer windows with cosy wood burning stove for relaxed nights in with someone special.
With an enviable location just steps to the shore of Carrick Beach, and discretely separate to Owl Cote which is the owners other property (sleeping 5) the Birds Nest offers a luxurious and cozy seaside Bothy perfect for a memorable escape.
Flooded with natural daylight the property is an open plan design with one large room cleverly designed with separate areas for cooking, eating, sleeping and relaxing and a separate designated bathroom area. Goose down duvets and sumptuous linens are provided. The kitchen has a fridge freezer, microwave with grill, kettle, toaster, 2-ring hob, cutlery, crockery and cookware.
If you fancy a spot of outdoor cooking there's a two-ring hot plate and charcoal barbeque available as well, or why not take your sauvignon out onto the raised deck at Bird's Nest and enjoy the stunning sunsets over Carrick Bay.
A wood burning multi fuel stove is just what you want for curling up in the evenings on a winters night and relaxing in front of the fire or choose from 2 TV's offering a Freeview package for guests as well as complimentary Wi-Fi throughout.
Guests can make the most of the amazing Dark Skies with 4 remote controlled velux windows above your bed for stargazers to enjoy instant access to the glittering night sky above.
There are numerous beautiful walks to be had at the beach and around Carrick shore. For chilled out days and relaxing you can take gentle strolls along the seashore and enjoy the stunning views from your front door. For the more adventurous there are lots of places to visit of historical interest with galleries, shops, restaurants, fishing villages, castles, chocolate factories and even an ice-cream factory. Beautiful gardens can be visited at Threave near Castle Douglas and also Logan Botanic Garden at Port Logan.
The area is renowned for it's walking - low level, hills, coastal or scenic you will be spoiled for choice. Don't forget to take your bikes if you enjoy trail riding as 7stanes offers exhilarating and energetic routes for all levels of MTB as well as gentler cycle paths.
Secure parking for guests' cars is available onsite.
Birds Nest enjoys an amazing rural setting as well as providing a romantic hideaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Wake up with a wild swim, go sailing, windsurfing or canoeing out front in the bay. For a less energetic day just allow the wild beauty of this beachfront bothy to soothe your soul and allow special reconnection time for two.
Rates : Weekly rates from £485 per week
Terms and Conditions :
2020/2021 COVID SPECIFIC. During these uncertain times, the property will undertake to honour Guests' refund requests where a guest cancellation is either the sole and direct result of a Government edict which results in the Guest being unable to travel or a Covid specific illness relating to any of the booking party. Proof of the latter may be required to verify a full refund.
In all other non-Covid situations effective December 2020 onwards the property owner strongly recommends all clients take out their own Holiday Insurance Policy. Should guests have to cancel their booked holiday at Owl Cote and or The Birds Nest, please note that the following refund policy applies:- Once payment is received, the deposit or full payment amount will only be refunded if:-
1. There is 12 weeks or longer from the date of cancellation to the arrival date. We will always endeavour to find a new date to transfer the cancelled booking to.
2. The deposit or total amount will only be refunded if the cancelled dates are rebooked for the same period at the same rate.
3. We reserve the right to charge an administration refund fee of £10.00
4. Bookings run from FRIDAY to FRIDAY, with arrival at 16.00 and departure at 10.30. However, do always enquire as alternative arrival dates may be possible. A deposit of 50% of the total stay is payable on reservation, with the balance becoming due either 6 weeks prior to arrival or immediately should the booking be within the 6 weeks of arrival date.
OWL COTE and THE BIRDS NEST are STRICTLY non-smoking properties.
DOGS are welcome (chargeable) by prior arrangement. Maximum of 2 dogs, £15 per dog
Rental costs are fully inclusive of laundry/all utilities and fuel and cleaning.
Departing guests are requested to re-set the fire and replenish the wood and coal on departure. All rubbish should be removed to the house bin, located on roadside towards Knockbrex Castle.
Dogs and young children are the sole responsibility of the Rentor throughout the duration of their stay at OWL COTE and particular care must be taken when using the balcony and opening of kitchen windows. In particular, children must not be left unsupervised near the pond area at any time and the gate surrounding the pond must remain closed at all times
Guest Comments :
"A magical week in such a perfect spot. Birds Nest is so welcoming and just everything though of to make our stay the very best. We discovered a gorgeous corner of Scotland and will be back! Thank you for a memorable spoil. (James & Christina )"
"Our 4th visit to Birds Nest and Owl Cote! It never disappoints. Fantastic sunsets and magnificent stars. Perfect romantic getaway! We just love this little gem of an area so much and we will be back. (Craig, Sar & Bertie)"
"A wonderful week's getaway. So glad to get at least one break this year, and in such a magical spot. (Susan & Michael T)"
"We have had a fantastic time here at the Birds Nest. The decking was great for clear nights to see the bright stars. It's so cozy and warm indoors with the fire on and we enjoyed that very much. A fantastic week away making memories! We will definitely be back. (Ewan and Katie)"
"Thank you for our stay - we love Carrick and it's our favourite place..... so much so our baby is called Hamish Carrick. Roll on next year !! (Ashley, Craig & Hamish)"
"Another great stay. Back for our 4th visit next year! (Doug and Catharine C)"
"Wow! What can I say. What a fabulous weekend and the perfect home from home at The Birds Nest. A hideaway by the sea that I will never forget. Can't wait to come back ASAP! (Amy & Nicola S)"