Benula Lodge - Ness Castle Estate
- Stunning river side location on the banks of the River Ness.
- We love the sunroom with its huge windows and open plan layout with tranquil sundeck.
- Elegant decor and quality furnishings.
- Set in mature grounds with woodland .
- Wood burning stove.
Good To Know
- There is a fenced river in the grounds, 100 yards.
- Wi-Fi throughout.
- Secure parking for guests' cars.
- One pet welcome (pet surcharge applicable).
- There are a number of great restaurants, cafes and bars serving food in Inverness.
- The River House is situated on the banks of the River Ness, serving fresh seafood and shellfish, sourced locally and beyond.
- Rocpool Reserve, an Albert Roux creation with Michelin Star. Booking essential. 5-star dining luxury in the heart of Inverness, fresh ingredients, simply prepared.
- Café 1 - simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere - an Inverness favourite.
- The Dores Inn in a spectacular setting on the shores of South Loch Ness approx. 8 miles from Inverness, offering good pub meals and steaks.
- High quality salmon fishing literally on your doorstep including stalking, shooting. golf and more or go dolphin spotting on the Moray Firth.
- Royal Dornoch Golf Club and Nairn Golf Club offer the finest links golf and luxury golfing experiences that guests at Ghillies Lodge can play during their stay.
- Drive to the romantic Eilean Donan Castle or take a Loch Ness cruise which sails daily up Loch Ness with stunning scenery amid dramatic highland landscapes.
- Whisky lovers will love the distilleries on the famous Strathspey Whisky Trail.
- Inverness has great shopping, bars and restaurants where MacGregors Bar or Hootenanny's often feature live traditional Scottish folk music.
- The spectacular wildlife, deep purple mountains and waterfalls, haunting lochs and beautiful beaches are yours to explore.
- Take in the magnificent ruins of Urquhart Castle, Clava Cairns or walk the Great Glen Way.
- Close by, you can walk through Culloden Battlefield, scene of the final conflict of the Jacobite Rebellion, or visit Cawdor Castle to discover its links to the tragic story of Macbeth.
Wildlife, river views and a wealth of highland countryside on offer at this traditional built highland lodge - a tranquil setting for outdoor lovers in the capital of the Highlands on the banks of River Ness - with steam room and gym.
On the ground Floor there is a spacious Lounge and open plan dining area with immaculate kitchen and all the gadgets and gizmos you could wish for including a microwave, dishwasher and fridge freezer. Take morning coffee in the sun-room/breakfast room - a perfect spot to plan your days activities from. Downstairs there is also a cloakroom and wc, one well appointed double bedroom and shower room. Up on the first floor guests will find a spacious single bedroom, shower room including wc, two further well apportioned double bedrooms, both en-suite. All linen and towels included, central heating and electricity. Plasma screen TV, CD player, hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine/drier and internet access. The property is lovely and warm thanks to oil central heating and underfloor on the ground floor with plenty of logs for the wood burner included. Outside there is a large grassed garden with patio, garden furniture and barbecue for lunch or dinner alfresco and guests can stay perfectly connected with Wi-Fi throughout the property. A travel cot and highchair are available for little guests on request. The surrounds include 30-acres of landscaped and wooded grounds with garden furniture.
Perfect for a relaxing break, Benula Lodge lies in the heart of magnificent game fishing and golfing country, and with lovely walking on the doorstep, it is an ideal location for nature lovers and sporting enthusiasts alike. Wake up to glorious river views on your doorstep and yet you are just minutes away from the city of Inverness. Book a personalised beauty treatment with their specially appointed therapist or take time out to enjoy a full day of pampering. You can also book a morning session to set you up for the day. From facials and Swedish massage to relaxation techniques, beauty treatments, Hopi Ear Candles or try a spa session - or two.
Highland castles, history, and wildlife
Culloden Battlefield, Clava Cairns, Cawdor Castle, Urquhart Castle, Inverness Castle, Loch Ness cruises and dolphin spotting on the Moray Firth are among the myriad of delights within easy reach. Take a day trip to the Inverness Botanic Gardens, the Highlanders Museum or a walk to the Falls of Shin. For those wishing to explore a little further afield the magical Isle of Skye, visiting the beautiful, romantic Eilean Donan Castle on the way, or a leisurely boat trip to the Orkney Isles which offer beautiful, rugged scenery with an abundance of wildlife and many archaeological sites make great days out.
Whisky lovers can visit one of the many distilleries on the famous Strathspey Whisky Trail, sampling some of the finest whiskies in Scotland at Tomati n distillery or Dalmore. At nearby Inverness, visitors will find a wealth of historic and cultural attractions as well as great shopping, bars and restaurants. Salmon fishing, by arrangement is 1 mile. For those wishing to explore a little further, day trips to the Orkney Isles, Isle of Skye and Glencoe are possible. Head to Eden Court for an evening's entertainment or for some traditional folk music at MacGregors Bar or Hootenanny's, both whom often feature live traditional Scottish folk music.
The golfing in the highlands is excellent and locally golfers can play a round at Brora Golf Club. An original James Braid designed course established in 1891, the golf course design is recognised as being one of James Braid's finest pieces of work. The green staff work tirelessly to preserve the original design whilst presenting a course that is regularly acclaimed for its quality. The perfect balance between challenge and fun and in a breath-taking setting.
Another excellent course is Castle Stuart Golf club, perceived to be to the highlands what Turnberry is to Ayrshire and Gleneagles is to Perthshire - a beacon reaching out to golfers throughout the world. The centrepiece for this Scottish destination golf resort is Castle Stuart Golf Links, a championship links course overlooking the Moray Firth and well-known landmarks that are synonymous with Inverness and the Black Isle - Kessock Bridge and Chanonry Lighthouse perhaps the most notable.
Rates are from £925 week. Three night minimum stays are available in low season price on application. One pet welcome by arrangement (pet surcharge applies, thank you).
Larger groups welcome :
Benula Lodge is part of a larger proptfolio of properties from Ness Castle Estate. Should you wish to increase your party you can book Benula Lodge sleeping 7 in conjuction with Ghillies Lodge sleeping 6.
Guests Comments :
"Wonderful holiday, great location, whole family enjoyed their stay, wish to return next year."
- Fabulous location and the Lodge was impeccably furnished throughout. Wonderful!"