- Immerse yourself in surround sound nature with jaw dropping views of the Angus Glens and Cairngorm mountain range from the herculean sized windows.
- Super stylish, your luxury steading is handcrafted from recycled stone and beautifully traditional designs throughout the build.
- Your own indoor spa in the grounds has a heated swimming pool, whirlpools and gym.
- For star gazers and relaxing days, you have your own glass-fronted balcony perfect for cocktails under the stars.
- Close to the birthplace of Peter Pan author J.M. Barrie and gateway to the renowned walking country of the Angus glens.
Good To Know
- The deluxe leisure facilities are open between 8am-9pm and are shared between all the Balbinny accommodations.
- The three steadings lie all adjacent to one another, yet offer a relaxing and peacefully private stay.
- Wi-Fi is available for guests use.
- Secure parking for guest's vehicles.
- A car is essential for exploring local attractions
- Pre-order a supermarket delivery or, more rewardingly, snare a pre-ordered bespoke Breakfast Box of fresh Scottish produce from The Gourmet Grocery with such delights as Stornoway Black pudding, award winning whisky marmalade, lean back bacon, extra large free range eggs etc.
- If you want to explore Scotland's recent craft gin revolutionyou can pre-book on site Gin Tastings (minimum number required.)
- Balbinny also provides various hampers supplied by The Gourmet Grocery on request.
- The owners can provide a guide of recommended excellent dining out facilities for guests on request.
- Spa treatments include hot stone therapy, while a tennis court and sports pitch are also on hand.
- Outdoor adventures await on the walking trail Balbinny have mapped out, which leads to the mysterious Aberlemno Pictish stones.
- A golfers paradise - With over 22 golf courses surrounding the area, two of which are open courses, situated in St. Andrews and Carnoustie, all within easy driving distance.
- The beach at Lunan Bay offers (booking required) land yachting, beach kayaking, family days and much more.
- Skiing can be reached within an hour at Glenshee in the winter.
- Excellent walking and traditional country pursuits can be enjoyed in the Angus glens. Balbinny overlooks the River South Esk, providing excellent salmon and trout fishing.
- Ancient Pictish stones can be found along the footpaths at Balbinny and the ruins of a Roman Fort are within walking distance.
- Visit Glamis Castle, the childhood home of the Queen Mother and the impressive House of Dun can both be reached within 20 minutes.
- Dundee, the City of Discovery with it's impressive industrial history has recently been chosen to host the new V&A Museum.
- Dunnotar Castle can be reached in 40 minutes. Balbinny provides an excellent base to explore the rich history and culture of the North East of Scotland.
- Visit the famed sands of Lunan Bay (18 miles away); Glamis Castle, the Queen Mother's childhood home (13 miles) and Kirriemuir (12 miles).
Balbinnny's uber stylish trio of Scottish steadings with epic views of the Angus Glens, wood burning stoves, on-site spa, whirlpools and heated pool.
Three uber-stylish Steadings
For the quickest relax in total luxury stay at one of these three uber-stylish steadings in the heart of Angus, sleeping up to four guests in each property. A jaw-dropping location, with Cairngorm mountains in the backdrop and a wild and unspoiled natural landscape. Beautifully reclaimed building materials, natural stone, herculean glass picture windows and contemporary designs throughout make for truly stunning accommodation. The Steadings each have contemporary décor, oak flooring throughout with calm neutral colour schemes. Take the feature oak and glass staircase to the first floor where an open-plan living and dining area awaits you. A modern granite topped kitchen with designer led furnishings stylish sofas and large flat screen television. The Steadings have everything you could wish for and more including all the gadgets and gizmos you could want from your stay. Music is provided wirelessly through ceiling speakers and the wonderful view can be enjoyed on the glass fronted heated balcony. Floor to ceiling glass windows open out onto a glass-fronted balcony complete with space heaters on chillier nights - the perfect location for pre-dinner cocktails or watching the sunset over the Cairngorms.
Your steading sleeps up to four people in 2 bedrooms, plus a further 2 either on the sofabed (suitable for one person or children) or blow up bed. There is also the option for cot or child's campbed in either bedroom.and has two stylish double/twin en-suite bedrooms. The master bedrooms feature king sized beds, flat screen televisions and bi-folding glass doors, while the second bedrooms are supplemented with a dressing room and can accommodate either extra-king or twins beds. Located on the ground floor and with large bi-folding doors onto private garden terraces and beautifully landscaped grounds. Balbinny lies on a working farm along a winding rural road six miles from the Angus market town of Forfar. A car is essential for exploring local attractions that include the famed sands of Lunan Bay (18 miles away); Glamis Castle, the Queen Mother's childhood home (13 miles); and Kirriemuir (12 miles), the birthplace of Peter Pan author J.M. Barrie and gateway to the renowned walking country of the Angus Glens. In addition to the three steadings there are also two ‘brochs' (an ancient Scottish stone fortified dwelling) also featured on Best Scottish Cottages; think countryside chic meets recycled cool - East London relocated to rural Scotland. For an added piece of indulgence there are also deluxe spa facilities, which can be found hidden away in a stunning farmstead building. With enormous windows and a magnificent vantage point, it offers 180 degree views of the local countryside. Unwind in the bubbling Jacuzzi or take a dip in the heated indoor pool, before heading to the gym or enjoying a soothing spa treatment.
The area surrounding Balbinny is intensely beautiful and has many interesting sights to discover. The legendary Pictish Stones can be found within walking distance, along with the ruins of a Roman Fort and many well-worn mountain paths. The secluded beaches at Lunan Bay and St Cyrus are also well worth a visit, along with the characterful local towns of Forfar and Brechin. There are golf courses, ski slopes and city sights to uncover, along with all sorts of country pursuits and outdoor activities set in the centre of Angus, Balbinny is situated in rolling farmland between the market towns of Forfar and Brechin, which provide local amenities. Ideally placed to enjoy the beautiful and often deserted beaches at Lunan Bay and St. Cyrus as well as exploring the Angus Glens after which the Brochs and Steadings are named. From Glen Isla in the west to Glen Esk in the east there is much to explore. Further afield, the cities of Dundee, Perth, Aberdeen and St Andrews are all within an hours' drive while the capital Edinburgh, can be reached in an hour and a half.
Three night minimum stays or longer are available in low season from £570 for three nights stay. Weekly rates from £1200 low season to £1600 high season per week.
"Amazing accommodation in stunning location - We loved staying at Balbinny, and had everything we needed, including a fully equipped kitchen. Beds were super comfy, bathrooms great. We'd love to come back and stay if we're ever in the area again. The welcome gifts were a lovely touch.
"Fantastic holiday home - Everything was fantastic. Tasteful, clean and probably better stocked kitchen than my own house! Great location with gorgeous highland cattle out back. Super pool which the children took full advantage of and loved."
"10 out of 10 - Wow. We cannot fault our stay in Esk. Perfect place to free your mind and escape from a busy lifestyle. Beautifully modern, whilst offering homely feel with cosy wood burner and luxurious soft furnishings. Even a hot tub in the garden should you fancy a soak. Comfortable, clean and pet friendly. Couldn't ask for more. We would love to rebook in the summer. Thank you Balbinny."
"Amazing place - Not long returned from Balbinny booked it as a surprise family trip for my mums 60th, David was great and always came back to me making it easy to plan thank you. It was very relaxing and lodges were fantastic. We used the spa and It was extremely relaxing would definitely return."
"Fantastic - We are just back from staying in the lethnot broch, and cannot recommend enough first class accommodation with all mod cons, the views you have to see yourself to believe 10/10 we will be back very soon."
"Fantastic place to stay - We spent a week at Balbinny in October staying in the Isla. It was a family break with three children under 10. The accommodation was great and the welcome basket a lovely touch. The kids loved the pool and we made use of the gym both of which have a spectacular view. The heated balcony is great although it was a little cold to sit out when we were staying. The accommodation made a great base for exploring the local countryside as well as Dundee and a trip up to Aviemore. Such a peaceful and relaxing place to stay, would fully recommend."
"By far the best place I've been to - I visited Balbinny with my family for 7 nights from August 13 to 20 and we were wowed by the accommodation and facilities on offer. The view is breath taking and beyond explanation. Then there is the pool, wow, what can I say. My son learned how to swim in two days, excellent. IT is a well thought of holiday destination. If the Scottish weather takes hold as it does sometimes, then you got the pool, the Jacuzzi, the gym, yoga, table tennis, you name it. Also, they got a tennis court: I played tennis for the first time, chasing balls spat out of the ball machine like a mad person, but it was a fabulous work-out. The design of the houses themselves is perfect, not cluttered, but just right. The kitchen and bedrooms are awesome, and the bathrooms are even better. The next-door neighbours were very interesting too: the highland cows, with their fringes, how nice. Now, from this location we could go anywhere, like Montrose beach, St Andrews Castle and many more. Best holiday ever, well worth the money and I can't wait to visit again."