- We love the attention to detail with renovated in the arts & crafts style with solid oak beams and flooring.
- Stunning views over the Fife countryside from the French doors.
- Gorgeous garden grounds and furniture with barbecue for al fresco dining.
- Elegant funishings throughout with down duvets and crisp white bedlinens.
- Cosy wood burning stove.
Good To Know
- Micro fibre duvets and pillows can be supplied if required.
- A lovely welcome basket with basic and not to basic provisions is included in the cost
- Electricity, heating and one basket of logs is included in the rental cost, additional logs can be purchased from the office.
- Free Superfast Wi-Fi is available throughout your stay.
- Sandford House has a 7-acre shared garden for guests to enjoy, with enough variety to make it perfect for eating outdoors, taking a leisurely stroll, or simply relaxing on a sunny day.
- For top-quality Scottish cuisine made from fresh local produce, take a trip to The Grange Inn at St Andrews or visit one of our 3 local restaurants, The View, Wormit, Boat Brae Bistro or The Newport which is run by Masterchef winner Jamie Scott.
- If you're heading to Dundee, you can enjoy delicious grilled food from around the world at the Gidi Grill, or perhaps pay a visit to the fantastic French bistro, Café Montmartre.
- A range of luxurious holiday extras can be added on to your stay when booking, including delicious meat ready for the on-site barbecue and vegetable and fruit boxes containing a variety of fresh, tasty produce.
- Outlander Fans must visit Falkland, Culross, Balgonie Castle, Dysart Harbour and Aberdour, you'll recognise these film locations used in the drama series.
- Tee off on one of the home of golf's 50 courses or simply take a walk across the famous Old Course on a Sunday.
- Stop off at North Queensferry to admire the engineering marvel of the Fort Road Bridge a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit Scotland's Secret Bunker and discover how Scotland would have been governed during a nuclear attack in the Cold War.
- Sandford is centrally located for all the golf courses so is the ideal location if you plan to play a few courses in the area with over 45 golf courses in Fife including the famous Old Course, 32 in neighbouring Angus, including Carnoustie and around 40 in Perthshire, including Gleneagles.
- Sandford is the perfect walkers base - there are some lovely walks from your doorstep. You can choose to walk up Norman's Law (a long way up but the view from the top is stunning) or join the waymarket path for The Fife Coastal Path which stretches for 117 miles and has lots of stretches to enjoy.
- For beach adventures you can visit the beach at Tentsmuir or head along to the West Sands and East Sands.
- For the fishermen and women in your party there's fishery just down the road at Newton Farm with a well-stocked trout loch.
- Tennis anyone? - Wormit and Newport Tennis Club allows guests to play at the courts in Wormit and Newport.
Fall in love with each other and this elegant two bedroom cottage in Newport on Tay, Fife - a distinguished build pedigree designed by MH Baillie Scott, lauded member of the Arts & Crafts Movement with oak beams, elegant furnishings and tranquil gardens. Close to Dundee, St Andrews and Perth.
This gorgeous two bedroomed cottage, sleeping 4 guests in 2 en-suite bedrooms is named afterMackay Hugh Baillie Scott who designed Sandford back in 1902.
Renovated in the arts & crafts style with solid oak beams, posts and flooring Baillie Scott is situated at the gable end of the holiday homes wing with stunning views over the Fife countryside from the French doors. Outisde there is a private, south facing terrace with garden furniture and a barbecue whilst inside (upstairs) there is a cosy open plan living, kitchen, dining room with a wood burning stove and comfy sofas and chairs, TV with Freeview, DVD player and iPod dock. The fully fitted kitchen has an electric oven, induction hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and coffee machine. Downstairs there are two bedrooms, one with a king size bed, which can be split into two singles and one with a double bed. Both bedrooms are en-suite, one with a bath and one with a walk-in shower, both are fitted with Trevi power showers.The comfy beds have sumptuous duvets and pillows and the bedlinen is crisp white Egyptian cotton. Microfibre duvets and pillows can be supplied if required.Downstairs there is a large entrance hall and also a utility room with washing machine and freezer and there is a separate WC. The entrance hall is spacious and has a solid oak staircase to the living area upstairs, as well as two useful storage cupboards for coats, golf clubs and suitcases.All Free WiFi, oil central heating and a wood burning stove. Electricity, heating and one basket of logs is included in the rental cost, additional logs can be purchased from the office.
Five star fun at Baillies Scott
Sandford House has a 7-acre shared garden for guests to enjoy, with enough variety to make it perfect for eating outdoors, taking a leisurely stroll, or simply relaxing on a sunny day. Whether you're enjoying the gorgeous architecture or relaxing in the green spaces, it's the perfect way to while away some time. For those interested in the main house's 'Arts and Crafts' architectural style, a guided tour of the property is available. Less than a 10-minute drive away you'll find the coastal city of Dundee, known as Scotland's sunniest city. With a historic waterfront, amazing sights both old and modern, and the fantastic V&A Dundee art and design museum, it's well worth paying a visit. The seaside town of St Andrews is known as the 'Home of Golf', with a 15th century golf course which is one of the oldest in the world. There's plenty to appeal beyond just golf, though, with the spectacular ruins of the cathedral as well as a historic university. With a prime location in the glorious countryside of the Fife area of Scotland, this accommodation boasts unbeatable rural views and makes the perfect setting for a holiday where you can really get away from it all. The 7-acre garden includes picnic areas, room to sit and relax, and enough room for casual strolls. Spend some time in the grounds and get truly immersed in the idyllic surroundings.
For a wild day out! Head to the 55-acre Scottish Deer Centre includes 14 species of deer, as well as wolves, lynxes, Scottish wildcats, and even European brown bears. They also have a supreme selection of birds of prey in their Raptor World. Make a day of it and visit Dundee where you have a superb cultural scene including theatres, art museums and cutting edge architecture. It's worth exploring the city's heritage as well, with a visit to the new V&A building on the waterfront, historic buildings and boats, including the RRS Discovery and the HMS Unicorn. The historic seaside town of St Andrews boasts one of the oldest golf courses in the world, well worth a visit for any fan of the game, as well as three beautiful beaches and the fascinating ruins of St Andrews Castle and the Cathedral of St Andrews. Get a glimpse into not-so-distant history with a visit to Scotland's Secret Bunker. This hidden nuclear command centre is located 100ft beneath the ground, 6 miles outside St Andrews, and was built in 1953 due to the Cold War threat of nuclear war with the USSR. Craigtoun Country Park offers a range of play areas, rides and games for all ages. Outlander fans will be wowed by the connections to all the film locations in this area, which include Falkland, Culross, Balgonie Castle, Dysart Harbour and Aberdour. Golfers are also well catered for with the numerous courses on offer to play. If you prefer to get out into the hills or along the coast walkers will enjoy the Fife Coastal Route, which starts in nearby Newport-on-Tay and travels through many of Fife's charming seaside fishing villages as well as the many right here on your doorstep.
From £260 for a 2 night stay in low season and from £500 for a 3 night stay in high season.
Baillie Scott is one of 6 beautiful properties from Sandford Cottages that can be booked in conjunction for larger group bookings. Please contact the owners website link if you are seeking additional properties for your group, listed with us here on Best Scottish Cottages. When booked together Sandford Cottages are perfect for Corporate Retreats!
Baillies Scott is available from £260 for 2 nights in low season and from £500 for 3 nights stay in high season.
"This was my Christmas gift to one branch of my family. We stay nearby and accommodated our family in two of Sandford's Country Cottages over Christmas. It was a perfect location and opportunity for a family gathering. The cottages are magnificent and the service provided first class."
"Travelling all the way from Wales was well worth it. We had a fabulous stay up in Scotland, the cottage was ideal for our family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 12. Very comfortable and had absolutely everything provided. A good location for exploring the area with lovely country views."
"A very friendly welcome. The hamper was a pleasant surprise and very much appreciated. Thank you".
"Enjoyed our stay. I felt very comfortable/natural chatting to the owners. Cottage really nice. Birds outside lovely to watch. Would use again if in area."
"The whole experience was very enjoyable. Evelyn and Ralph were very welcoming and helpful in every way. The accommodation is first class, comfortable and interesting, and private if you wish. The location is near enough to many places of interest and yet quite rural. I would recommend the cottages to anyone and we certainly intend to return."
"For visits to Dundee and the surrounding Fife countryside and coast, the location of the cottage was ideal. We also ventured north into Angus and there are many places to visit within a reasonable area. The Fife coast is great for walking and for anyone with an interest in nature and wildlife - birds, butterflies, dolphins and seals were all seen. The house is set in nice grounds with picnic tables and gardens to be enjoyed. Part of a large house with an interesting history, the conversion to holiday cottages had clearly been carried out with knowledge, skill and care."
"Our cottage, Baillie Scott was very tasteful but at the same time homely and relaxing. It was well equipped and nicely decorated and very clean on arrival. There was a welcome pack with a selection of essentials and a few luxuries - we had also ordered a veg box and a fruit box which were very useful. We chose to 'eat in' and found the Balgove Larder near St Andrews very useful. We would be very happy to return to Sandford in the future."