- Jaw dropping views from the open plan living area and stunning use of glass, slate and stone throughout the house design.
- Cosy woodburning stove and underfloor heating throughout.
- Le Creuset cookware and well equipped kitchen.
- Luxurious rotating lounge chair ideally positioned for gazing out the tall corner window at the hypnotic view.
Good To Know
- 7 miles to the local village Kyle of Lochalsh.
- Secure parking on site at the rear of the property for guests vehicles.
- HD TV with full sky package and wifi throughout for guests use.
- Just 2 miles to Dornie your closest shop on the A87 in the village of Dornie (open 7 days.
- There's another shop a few miles away at Balmacara, or you can find a full range of shops and a Co-op supermarket in Kyle of Lochalsh.
- Large porch for outdoor and wet weather clothing.
- Visit the famous Plockton Inn or Plockton Shores set amongst Mediterranean style palm trees for lunch or Dinner.
- Head to Kyle of Lochalsh or across to Skye for Dinner at one of several good restaurants including the famous Three Chimneys runs by Shirley Spears and her team or Loch Bay restuarant.
- Island hoppers dream location 8 miles from the magical Isle of Skye.
- 3 miles to Eilean Donan castle.
- Take a day trip to Inverness or visit the Brochs near Glenelg.
- Go deer and eagle spotting the local wildlife is astounding.
- Walk the 5 Sisters of Kintail only a few miles away.
- Go Mountain biking another popular way of exploring the local area, with famous trails such as The Quiraing, Sligachan, Torridon and Kintail, all within an hour’s drive.
- From your base in Avernish you can head over to Skye across the bridge to Kyle and take in the Torabhaig distillery (single malts), drive a bit further afield onto Talisker or catch the car ferry to Raasay distillery which also hosts the iconic Calum's Road.
Jaw-dropping loch views and total tranquillity in this uber modern Scottish stone built retreat for 4, on the beautiful banks of Loch Alsh, Ross shire.
Stone, Glass and Slate design throughout
This two bedroomed stunning glass, stone and slate designed lodge on the banks of tranquil Loch Alsh located 8 miles from the Isle of Skye and just 3 miles from the famous Eilean Donan castle offers a level of privacy and tranquillity that is seldom surpassed. With an open-plan living room and fully equipped kitchen Avernish Lodge offers an amazing place to stay in Scotland for up to 4 guests in total luxury.
All rooms are easily accessible
All rooms are easily accessed on the ground floor. The Lodge has one double bedroom and one en-suite superking or twin room as well as a large room comprising of a spacious shower and freestanding bath for long luxurious soaks. The house also has a utility room and each room enjoys a glass door that opens onto a Patio area just waiting to immerse you in amazing views, scenery and local wildlife.
Relax in the spacious living area which has been thoughtfully designed to let the outside in and maximise the views from within. Underfloor heating throughout is warm underfloor and there is also a log-burning stove for cosy nights in and a abundance of soft comfy furnishings including a swivel -rotating lounge chair and comfy sofas. The dining area is perfect for entertaining with a large solid wood dining table and high leather back chairs. You could spend hours window watching from here and lose yourself in the beauty of the landscape and wildlife.
Avernish Lodge provides a generous welcome pack for guests arriving including wine, chocolate, biscuits, coffee, tea and milk.
So much to experience
There is so much to experience when staying at Avernish Lodge, whether you want to head into the hills for some walking, go wildlife spotting, visit Skye, castles, fairy pools, brochs, waterfalls, mountain bike or simply relax and unwind following a different rhythm of life. Eilean Donan Castle an instagrammers dream and the most photographed castle in Scotland is just a stones throw from your base. Boat trips taking you from Elgol to Loch Coruisk offer great seal-spotting and eagle watching trips often escorted by dolphins along the way.
Just be sure to secure your dates early as Avernish books out far in advance and leaves a lifetime of memories in return.
Rates are from £900 per week to £1650 per week with shorter breaks being offered in low season on request. Supplementary payments may apply.
Jan/Feb – £900
March – £1100
April – £1200
May/June – £1300
Sept/Oct – £1300
Xmas & New Year – £1500
Prices are based on a 1 week stay, from Saturday to Saturday. Shorter stays may be available, please enquire, supplements may apply. Payment by bank transfer of 25% at time of booking, with the remaining balance to be paid eight weeks before arrival.
Guests Comments :
"Avernish offers 5 star accomodation in the most beautifull location . When the weather is less inviting you can still enjoy the spectacular views . It is within easy reach of amenities and isle of Skye."
"Just returned from a fantastic stay at Avernish Lodge. Accommodation and setting were 5*, us even go as far as to say the house with its beautiful fixtures and fittings was 6*! The host was great and really easy to deal with. Only downside was I wish it was mine!! Will definitely be back soon."
"Absolutely loved our stay here - the house is absolutely beautiful, in such a relaxing location with the most gorgeous views over the loch to the castle. Great location for visiting Skye also, as it is very near the bridge. Will definitely be returning!"
"A fantastic place to stay close to isle of sky! Really nice details in the apartment make you feel welcome and cosy! Everything was really well prepared! Great equipt kitchen! We would stay there again for sure!"
"Truly spectacular home. Everything is new and very comfortable even when the cold wind and rain were blowing outside. Strong WiFi, good TV selection if you're stuck inside. Tub is amazing when you need to soak after a day of hiking up to the Old Man of Storr. It's a good jump off place to explore Skye. However, since everything is vast, plan on driving a lot. But there are plenty of equally spectacular sites nearer by. James was great in recommending anything you need. I would recommend people go to the Coop supermarket before to get supplies for the first few days because you won't want to leave. This place is perfect if you're looking to stay at a very private and quite place. Only noise that was loud was the fighter jet that flew through the loch just a few meters from the water. That was fun!"
"The Avernish Lodge is beautifully located with very nice views of the Loch of Alsh. It's peaceful and still very near to Kyle of Lochalsh (with good supermarkets). It's a perfect location to discover the Isle of Skye. The house is magnificent, spacious and very clean. The kitchen is well-equipped. The communication with James was very easy and efficient, from the very beginning until we left the Lodge. We had a very good time as a family of four. We can highly recommend this place and we would love to come back! Thanks James!"