- Star gazers will love the illuminated outdoor deck with your own chiminea and firewood for cosy nights under a star-studded sky.
- We love the outdoor baths surrounded by nature and wildlife.
- Quirky and imaginative upcycled, recycled and handmade furniture, fixtures and fittings adorn the cabins.
- Nature and art figure prominently, surrounded by trees, beautiful ponds and fascinating sculpture trails to explore at your leisure.
- Luxury bathrobes to wrap yourselves in and a locally sourced welcome hamper and bottle of fizz on arrival.
Good To Know
- Elysium and Halcyon sleep two adults, and are fully self-contained with kitchenette and shower facilities.
- Cabins have phone charging points and 2 plug sockets.
- Relax on your own private deck area with seating and shade for woodland meals alfresco.
- Both cabins are accessed on foot by a sloping footpath however the owners at Arcadia Glamping Cabins can advise if you have mobility issues.
- Superb eco credentials, include sustainably sourced bedlinens, environmentally friendly cleaning products, and green energy sources for lighting and heating.
- Your stay comes with a generous amount of wood for the chiminea free of charge.
- The nearby village of Drymen is home to shops and restaurant and is only 5 minutes away.
- Clachan Inn
- The Drymen Inn
- The Winnock Hotel.
- The But and Ben takeaway. Located in Croftamie (6 miles)
- Turnip The Beet, takeaway located near Killearn (13 miles)
- David Macdonald Butcher in Drymen.
- The Hub G63 is a social enterprise based in Drymen which supports sustainable living with a focus on food.
- Explore the woodlands peppered with Rob's sculpture work, and shimmering ponds that are teeming with wildlife.
- Take a visit to Go Ape home to two of the longest zips in the UK - a café, toilets, and plenty of wildlife watching.
- Head up Ben Lomond, you will be rewarded with soul soothing views that take in the length of Loch Lomond and its islands.
- Go Wild swimming, paddling or skipping stones in Loch Lomond just 5 miles away or take a tranquil boat cruise for a slow adventure.
- Head to Lodge Forest Visitor Centre in Aberfoyle, with trails suitable for all. More of Rob's sculptures can also be seen here.
- Ben Lomond is on your doorstep. There's walking, cycling, and running too as well as nature watching, fishing and golf. Outlander fans will be thrilled to know that the famous Devil's Pulpit is only 4 miles from Arcadia Glamping.
- There's a chocolate box style conservation village at Luss. Pop into the Coach House Coffee Shop and treat yourself to some delicious home-baking.
- Round off your stay with a visit to one of the top whisky distilleries within easy reach including; Glengoyne Distillery, near Drymen, Deanston Distillery in Doune and Auchentoshan distillery near Clydebank.
Halcyon and Elysium are two unique sustainably crafted glamping cabins, packed with romantic luxuries and nestled amongst 21 acres of magical woodland near Loch Lomond in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
Hidden discreetly within the privacy of Arcadia, home to sculptor Rob Mulholland's Studio and Sculpture Trail an adventure like no other lies waiting to be discovered. Halcyon and Elysium, two luxury glamping cabins, lie in the serenity of The Dell surrounded by majestic trees, flora and fauna and the sounds of School Burn running below. Here at Best we are in awe of world-renowned sculptor and environmental artist / owner of Arcadia, Rob Mulholland for his symmetry with nature. Rob and partner Susan have created a perfect oasis with Arcadia Glamping - a place where people, art and nature come together - a place to relax, unwind, talk, laugh, discover and make new memories.
5 star environmental and sustainable credentials
The natural environment is as important to the owners as their guests enjoyment and their passion to protect the environment is evident throughout your stay. The unique, sustainably crafted cabins - named Halcyon and Elysium - use green energy sources for lighting and heating, and you'll find both cabins equipped with imaginative upcycled, recycled and handmade furniture, fixtures and fittings. Each also comes with a gently illuminated outdoor bath that's ideal for stargazing, a uniquely crafted chimenea, fluffy bathrobes to wrap yourselves in... and a goodie-packed welcome hamper with a bottle of Prosecco!
High insulation values, double-glazed windows and sustainable 100% green energy sources including LED bulbs are all at Arcadia Glamping Cabins. The commitment to creating a sustainable and environmental business extend from recycling facilities to seasoned wood collected from windfall and provided for guests to use in the Chimineas. All furniture is lovingly handcrafted, upcycled or recycled and textiles have been carefully selected, in line with Arcadia's ambition to reduce their environmental impact. Eco-friendly products for both cabins include Faith in Nature toiletries and Ecover cleaning products as well as recycled toilet roll and kitchen paper. Wherever possible food products for the hampers are sourced locally from The Hub G63 which is a Drymen-based community organisation supporting sustainable living, as well as other local producers.
Passionate about increasing their biodiversity and supporting the ecology of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Arcadia has chosen to leave many areas uncultivated to encourage, among other species, butterflies, and bees. Plans to incorporate bug hotels and nesting boxes for birds and owls and planting of native species will help to attain this goal.
Halcyon or Elysium
Halcyon marries traditional Scottish design with contemporary flair creating a perfect sense of place, characterised by larch cladding and a glinting metal façade of sculpted branches. Elysium offers a beautiful reflection of nature with a twist of the exotic, filled with rich fabrics and accessories that were collected from Rob and Susan's travels to the Middle and Far East.
Each cabin has a small kitchenette area housing a fridge, microwave, portable electric hob, kettle, toaster and an Air Fryer. You will have your very own en-suite shower room with wash hand basin, heated towel rail, hot water on demand and the Rolls Royce of environmentally friendly toilets by market leader Separett. Both also feature irresistibly soft furnishings and soft-toned walls, decorated with unique art and historic found objects that hint at the site's history as a working farm. Both cabins have double beds dressed in fine Egyptian cotton bedding and plenty of warm blankets to snuggle up in or cosy up in front of the chiminea under a star-studded sky!
Outside awaits your very own slice of natural paradise, as you pop open that bottle of Prosecco and take in the sights, sounds, and scents of nature from the comfort of your furnished deck. Perhaps you could linger outside a little longer, enjoying an al fresco supper as you watch the local wildlife and listen to the gentle sounds of the river. Explore the woodland to your hearts' content... which you'll find peppered with Rob's sculpture work, and shimmering ponds that are teeming with wildlife. You could also head into the village, which features plenty of shops and restaurants. For the more adventurous, how about a visit to Go Ape, or even tackling Ben Lomond. Rewarded with soul soothing views that take in the length of Loch Lomond and its islands. There's also the outside deck area with seating and shade and your own outdoor bath with festoon lighting for a spot of woodland bathing.
Begin your adventure
For the more adventurous swim, paddle or skip stones in Loch Lomond just 5 miles away or take a boat trip and appreciate the beautiful loch in all its glory. Your host Rob has more sculptures in situ at the Lodge Forest Visitor Centre in Aberfoyle, with trails suitable for all, and tree top adventures at Go Ape - home to two of the longest zips in the UK - a café, toilets, and plenty of wildlife watching so you will not be lost for things to do. Ben Lomond is on your doorstep. There's walking, cycling, and running too as well as nature watching, fishing and golf. Outlander fans will be thrilled to know that the famous Devil's Pulpit is only 4 miles from Arcadia Glamping. For those seeking an epicurean adventure, there are a great choice of places to eat in the nearby village of Drymen. If you venture round the other side of Loch Lomond to the quaint conservation village of Luss, pop into the Coach House Coffee Shop. If a wee dram is your thing, there are some top whisky distilleries within easy reach, including Glengoyne Distillery, near Drymen, Deanston Distillery in Doune and Auhentoshan distillery near Clydebank.
From £168 per night
2 night minimum stay.
Check in from 3pm, check out by 10am. Minimum 2-night stay. Children and pets (aside from Assistance Dogs) are not permitted.
Please note that the cabins are accessed on foot by a sloping footpath however the owners at Arcadia Glamping Cabins can advise if you have mobility issues.
"We have just returned from a weekend at Arcadia Glamping. The location is perfect, set within 21 acres with two gorgeous art inspired cabins nestled in a small dell in the woodland. The cabins are impeccably designed with some beautiful outdoor features and furnished with style and attention to detail. The inside shower rooms are perfect with plenty of hot water. The cabins are cosy, warm and comfortable with a lovely art inspired touch. We loved the outdoor deck and wood burner, and we especially loved our outdoor bath. Outside at night watching the bats and the stars and listening to owls whilst being warmed by a roaring fire was just fabulous."
"Fantastic short break at this place, welcome hamper excellent. Owners very nice and accommodating. Very romantic place in quiet area and Christmas tree was an amazing touch. Worth a visit."
"My girlfriend and I had the loveliest time here. The area and grounds surrounding the cabin are beautiful, with amazing sculptures hidden in the woodlands. The cabin itself was so cosy and quiet, providing a much-needed break from the city! It was just the perfect way to relax having a glass of Prosecco by the warm fire before getting into the gorgeous outdoor bath surrounded by fairy lights and candles, which made our stay even more special - one of our many highlights! All in all, our weekend stay at Arcadia Glamping was flawless and we cannot wait to go back for another stay, hopefully very soon. A huge thank you to Susan and Rob, who were the perfect hosts for our special weekend."
"Fabulous pre-Christmas mini getaway. It was perfect for what myself and my partner were looking for. Cosy cabin with an unbelievably comfortable bed! The pillows & duvet are amazing! Everything you needed was provided, including a beautiful hamper full of cute thoughtful gifts which just added to the Christmas spirit. I personally loved the real Christmas tree, as it made the place feel more homely. It really is outdoor living at its best in this place. The outdoor bath is so hot you just never want to get out. It was so lovely to see the 3 resident deer running around! Otherwise known as the 3 musketeers. Finally, I would also like to thank Sue and Rob for there wonderful hosting, they were so accommodating and kind. You didn't know they were around but were available and more than happy to help with anything during our stay. Would highly recommend this place!"